ADVERTISEMENT

Another top NorCal player headed to SoCal

SJS Lord

Superstar
Nov 23, 2022
This one pains me. Highly touted sophomore Phillip Bell out of Christian Brothers (sacramento) will be transferring to Bishop Alemany. Phillip is widely considered as one of the best sophomore players not only in California, but the country. This one’s a head scratcher but my guess is he’ll be at Bosco or MD by his senior year.

CB was projected to be good next year but this is a major blow.

Reactions: THEOC89
This one pains me. Highly touted sophomore Phillip Bell out of Christian Brothers (sacramento) will be transferring to Bishop Alemany. Phillip is widely considered as one of the best sophomore players not only in California, but the country. This one’s a head scratcher but my guess is he’ll be at Bosco or MD by his senior year.

Rumor had him going to Folsom? He already has SEC offers. Must be paying these kids and parents now.

Doesn’t make any sense…. Folsom is a better program then Alamany….

People wonder why DLS is declining, it kids like this that would come from Sac area and go to DLS to get exposure and play for Lad…. Now they are all just going to So Cal….. 🤣

Rumor had him going to Folsom? He already has SEC offers. Must be paying these kids and parents now.
Something is going on…. Unless the parents got a job down there and that’s why they are moving it makes no sense….

It’s not like the kid is going to MD or SJB…. Folsom is a better program than Alamany…. 🤣

Something is going on…. Unless the parents got a job down there and that’s why they are moving it makes no sense….

It’s not like the kid is going to MD or SJB…. Folsom is a better program than Alamany…. 🤣
I agree. If his parents didn’t get a job this makes no sense. This has NIL written all over it.

I agree. If his parents didn’t get a job this makes no sense. This has NIL written all over it.
Totally!… But I am even skeptical about NIL because what the heck does Bishop Alamany have to do with NIL….

In CA there are 3-4 “National Brand” Teams…. DLS, MD, SJB and I would throw Long Beach Poly in that mix….

Everyone else is just a high school football team…. So I just don’t get it….

Totally!… But I am even skeptical about NIL because what the heck does Bishop Alamany have to do with NIL….

In CA there are 3-4 “National Brand” Teams…. DLS, MD, SJB and I would throw Long Beach Poly in that mix….

I’m just being salty. Wish he could have at least stayed in NorCal.

Could be anything from parents work, to family issues, who knows? Bottom line is it’s the family and his decision they don’t need approval from this board or NorCal football to move. The conspiracy stuff is pretty funny however.

Reactions: coachlittle
Could be anything from parents work, to family issues, who knows? Bottom line is it’s the family and his decision they don’t need approval from this board or NorCal football to move. The conspiracy stuff is pretty funny however.
I love how people always say it’s the parents decision and do so assuming the parents are rational. Let me say this. There Are a lot of idiots out there and plenty of them are parents. Don’t for a minute think there isn’t shady shit going on. It’s probably more blantant than most of us can even imagine. Always follow the money.

I don't think it has to do with anything other than a move. Could be wrong, but parents are really misinformed if they're leaving Sac beacuse lack of exposure. Leave CBS for Folsom, I mean, maybe to win a few more games but not exposure. Leave Sac for So-Cal...same answer, must be misinformed.
If I was a parent of high school athlete I would spend my time making sure he got with the best coaching staff that develops talent, and stay away from the ones that try and recruit talent.

I love how people always say it’s the parents decision and do so assuming the parents are rational. Let me say this. There Are a lot of idiots out there and plenty of them are parents. Don’t for a minute think there isn’t shady shit going on. It’s probably more blantant than most of us can even imagine. Always follow the money.
following money is for idiots? man who taught you that. its people who will never ever be in the position who always have the most negativity about it.

following money is for idiots? man who taught you that. its people who will never ever be in the position who always have the most negativity about it.
My Situation is just fine. I’ve been blessed so I can certainly speak to this sort of nonsense. Follow the money meaning the corruption. You don’t seem to get that.

My Situation is just fine. I’ve been blessed so I can certainly speak to this sort of nonsense. Follow the money meaning the corruption. You don’t seem to get that.
your situation is fine, but you never been in this situation. i would say they too were blessed.

DLS didn't represent NorCal in the last two state Open games.

DLS didn't represent NorCal in the last two state Open games.
But they did in almost every other one and have more open wins than anyone…. They also had a movie made about them and books written about them and play on ESPN every year, so they are a “Brand”….

Serra can become this because they have Tom Brady Backing them…. Coach Walsh was at the Warriors game with Brady’s Dad last week…. 🤣

The young man has been playing at football events and taking college recruiting trips the last few weeks and from what I’m hearing, he has been dominating!

Congrats on the new high school opportunity. I’m surprised not MD or Bosco… But the head coach at Alameny is Casey Clausen, (ex qb from Tennesse), maybe a connection was made with some players and or people down in SoCal. Possibly family and or relatives in the area.

SoCal sounds nice right about now! Warmer weather, 20 minutes from the beach, 20 miles from LA, and they train year around out there….not a bad deal!

He already has a ton of offers! He just needs to stay focused. Too bad for CB, I thought they were going to be good in 2023.

***If he was going to leave CB but stay in NorCal, I would have rather seen him go to Grant than Folsom or DLS.

The young man has been playing at football events and taking college recruiting trips the last few weeks and from what I’m hearing, he has been dominating!

Congrats on the new high school opportunity. I’m surprised not MD or Bosco… But the head coach at Alameny is Casey Clausen, (ex qb from Tennesse), maybe a connection was made with some players and or people down in SoCal. Possibly family and or relatives in the area.

SoCal sounds nice right about now! Warmer weather, 20 minutes from the beach, 20 miles from LA, and they train year around out there….not a bad deal!

He already has a ton of offers! He just needs to stay focused. Too bad for CB, I thought they were going to be good in 2023.

***If he was going to leave CB but stay in NorCal, I would have rather seen him go to Grant than Folsom or DLS.
that 20 miles takes 75 minutes.. but it still is worth it.

I didn’t say it was the parents decision. I said it could be anything but reality is it boils down to the family and his/her decision. The immediate jump to there must be malfeasance or it’s for exposure is comical. Sure it could be either of those things but it could be a myriad of other things as well. Maybe an aging relative needs help and the family is moving to support who really knows? Nobody does, but you drama queens will prattle on and on about something you have no idea or clue about.

I didn’t say it was the parents decision. I said it could be anything but reality is it boils down to the family and his/her decision. The immediate jump to there must be malfeasance or it’s for exposure is comical. Sure it could be either of those things but it could be a myriad of other things as well. Maybe an aging relative needs help and the family is moving to support who really knows? Nobody does, but you drama queens will prattle on and on about something you have no idea or clue about.
lmaaooooo called them drama queens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT