ADVERTISEMENT

ANTELOPE FOOTBALL PLAYERS UNSPORTSMENLIKE BEHAVIOR FISTICUFFS

patrick916

Superstar
Sep 16, 2014
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article185461118.html

Five Antelope players launching on a downed player on the sideline and then proceed to kick
the downed player in the head while out of bounds.
Since Antelope's season is finished there are no consequences to the players involved.
This sets a poor precedent to all playoff teams losing 40-0 to commit as many personal fouls as they want. For the safety of all players I hope this gets worked out so this never happens again.
The right thing to do is for the Antelope Head Coach to resign since he is responsible for the teams actions on the field.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
File assault charges against the kids. That is what the player should do. I doubt this is the coach.....I bet this is the lousy ass parents these kids got stuck with.

Reactions: bella123
Agree with patrick916. The coach doesn't seem to have control over his players if these players kicked an opposing player while down. Doesn't matter if the player is out of bounds are on the playing field. By not removing the players from the game shows the coach had no control over his team. Meaning players on his roster doesn't respect him as their coach. He needs to resign or make the kids apologize for their actions. The AD may need to take action here.

Agree with Ca. Football rules...ban fall sports programs from the playoffs...Also suspend the Coach for the first five games of the 2018 season they need to remind those Student Athletes the Safety & Welfare of any Student comes first and they represent their school, sponsors and communities...if nothing is done then...it will continue on...best to nip at the Bud early on!

Agree with Ca. Football rules...ban fall sports programs from the playoffs...Also suspend the Coach for the first five games of the 2018 season they need to remind those Student Athletes the Safety & Welfare of any Student comes first and they represent their school, sponsors and communities...if nothing is done then...it will continue on...best to nip at the Bud early on!

Whoa. Ban all sports programs from the playoffs? Penalize kids, boys and girls, who have utterly zip to do with football in any way, shape or form? No way. That's absurd, unfair and ridiculous. Deal with football only. That seems to be the problem. Unless we're missing something endemic throughout the athletic program, both male and female.

Last edited:
Alright Ban the Football Players from Winter/Spring Sports...something has to be done
Firstly, no one here seems to have viewed the video. I’ve not. This happened during the game. Players were ejected. And the section will have a say according to the SacBee report. The OP phrases the post as if five players kicked him in the head, whereas it’s reported two threw punches, one kicked and those are most probably the ones ejected. You can be certain the AD and Principal will weigh in as is their prerogative.

This situation is totally different than, let’s say, the USC player who trucked a Wazzu fan rushing the field AFTER the game.

Filing assault charges for acts committed as part of the game is a slippery legal slope. That’s why there are ejections and why the officiating crew made a report (which is pretty rare.)

My comment was not about Banning other sports teams from playoffs or anything else. My comment is about holding the guilty accountable here and that's the offenders. Ban them for a calendar year from HS sports after due process of course. We seem to live in a world where most coaches, parents, etc, have a problem with holding kids accountable. Then these kids leave school hit society and expect to coddled because that's all they know. And no I haven't seen the film but don't need to. My response was to what was being described and how it could get out of hand and how to handle it. If description isn't accurate and poster embellished the account of what happened. So be it, Doesn't change how what was described should be handled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT