ADVERTISEMENT

Attention Clay

Reactions: letsski
Thanks ... but a lot of the Premier brackets are going to change because after Leuzinger dropped out, International decided to step aside to balance the number of teams. And now I have actual results to use to determine who goes where, though I changed as little as possible.

The Emerald Bracket on Maxpreps is wrong. Sequoia defeated Eiureka tonite 56-39. Maxpreps has the opposite. That should be corrected. Sequoia will play Lakeside in the Championship Game at 5pm tomorrow at Castro Valley High School. Eureka will play Davis at 2pm at Castro Valley for 3rd place.

It was corrected last night ... we still don't know how that happened, as it was correct originally.

But with 222 games, sometimes things go wrong. Hopefully everyone will show up at the right time.

Thanks much ... so far, at least, we haven't had any disasters, so we had 222 games with at least two refs and two teams -- and bottom line, that's our goal.

As always, this tournament _ actually well over a dozen tournaments played simultaneously _ is one of the annual big-time prep hoops achievements anywhere in the U.S. The logistics are daunting. The results are impressive, both on the court and off it. The organizers, officials, site directors and everyone else involved are to be congratulated again. Quite an undertaking. Great work all around.

Thanks again ... now I just need a month or two to catch up ...

And don't forget the work of Harold Abend, Kelly Sopak and family, and all the hosting schools, who had coaches and volunteers working long, long hours to raise money for their programs.

Thanks also have to go to the officials, who were working multiple games a day at more than one site, and though everyone gets upset, just remember that everyone gets upset at NBA refs too, and they're the best in the world.

This was our first time playing and it was a great experience. Good competition and the host school's families working the gate/snack bars, etc. (Castro Valley and Clayton Valley) could not have been nicer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT