ADVERTISEMENT

Bambauer Classic at Marin Catholic (Dec. 26-29)

Serra looks to be the heavy favorite. I’d be shocked if they win by less than double digits against any of these teams.

I think the quickness of the backcourt will propel Heritage past Serra and in the other side I like King.

Final: Heritage over King.

Reactions: jordan24
Too much defense on the side of Serra. THey will shut down any team that they play. Lock it now ! Serra wins tournament

Arroyo Grande is suppose to be very good, King, Redwood, Heritage, Central Catholic are all solid. Serra will be much better when the 6"9 transfer can play in Jan. Seen them play 3 times, not sure how to judge them just yet. They will be challenged and could easily lose in the second round. Looks like much better teams than they have had in the past.

On Day 1 of this tourney Serra looked the most dominant. Redwood and Central Catholic also looked good.

Game of the day was between Miramonte and Arroyo Grande and was won by the Matadors in double OT. Final score 75-70.

Best Team Nickname: Urban Blues

Last edited:
Miramonte 61 Serra 59 Final. Miramonte lost @ Stuart Hall in double OT a few weeks ago.

Semis will be Miramonte vs. Heritage and Central Catholic vs. winner of Redmond-Arcata

Too much defense on the side of Serra. THey will shut down any team that they play. Lock it now ! Serra wins tournament
lock2.png

I think Serra is going to finish 4th or 5th in WCAL. I have seen them play 4 times this year and they are pretty average. Coach Rapp does an excellent job and will probably get a win or two in league against a better team. Maybe the big transfer will help them, but last night they didn't look all that great offensively or defensively. Missed a ton of shots inside the key, including several dunks. Give Miramonte credit, they hung around and made shots. Now that they are healthy they are an up and coming team to watch.

Serra will be fine this season. I never count a Rapp-coached team out. The Padres' 6-8 transfer will add size and muscle to this team making the Padres contenders for the WCAL title.

Good win by Heritage. Redwood is a solid team. So much for Serra running away with this. I honestly don't think they are even as good as Redwood.

Good win by Heritage. Redwood is a solid team. So much for Serra running away with this. I honestly don't think they are even as good as Redwood.

If Serra is considered one of the top teams in the WCAL, well then Riordan must be the Elite Supreme team in that conference.

Serra lost to Miramonte. Miramonte is not that great of a team. They took Stuart Hall to OT in a game they should have won, but they gifted to the Knights. Riordan beat Stuart Hall by 30+ without Bryce Monroe.

My WCAL Pre League Top 5:

1) Riordan
2) Bellarmine
3) St Francis
4) Mitty
5) SH

If Serra is considered one of the top teams in the WCAL, well then Riordan must be the Elite Supreme team in that conference.

Serra lost to Miramonte. Miramonte is not that great of a team. They took Stuart Hall to OT in a game they should have won, but they gifted to the Knights. Riordan beat Stuart Hall by 30+ without Bryce Monroe.

My WCAL Pre League Top 5:

1) Riordan
2) Bellarmine
3) St Francis
4) Mitty
5) SH

St. IGNATIUS WILL BE A FORCE IN THE WCAL.
WRENN ROBINSON AND NEAL WILL DEFINITELY LEAD THAT TEAM.
My prediction/opinion
1a) Riordan
1b) St. Ignatius
2) Bellarmine
3) Mitty
4) Serra
5)Sacred Heart
6)St. Francis
7)Valley Christian

Yeah, not sure where all this Serra talk came from but wasn't warranted. There pre-season schedule has been subpar. They played one really good team and lost by 30. (Crespi). Miramonte is an average-decent team. I mean they lost to Drake who Cardinal Newman just buried by 28. A lot of elite teams if Serra is considered elite. Gotta think Heritage wins this now.

Watched Serra today. I think they exert so much energy and physicality on defense that it affects them on offense. It just seems like they make the game look so hard. But that's what has made them successful so take my opinion with a grain of salt. They love playing the grind it, physical low scoring games and its won them states titles! They have some long athletes who could get out and run this year....maybe speed up the tempo and change the pace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT