ADVERTISEMENT

Bambauer Classic

EthanRKassel

Superstar
Feb 22, 2016
While most Bay Area teams venture to Southern California for tournaments between Christmas and New Year, the Bambauer Classic is being played at Marin Catholic Dec. 27-30.

Top teams include Montgomery, St. Ignatius and University.

Personally, I think the most intriguing first round matchups are Urban-Ygnacio Valley and Central Catholic-King.

LLNqKPu.png

xKtLaBy.png

Reactions: observer22
While most Bay Area teams venture to Southern California for tournaments between Christmas and New Year, the Bambauer Classic is being played at Marin Catholic Dec. 27-30.

Top teams include Montgomery, St. Ignatius and University.

Personally, I think the most intriguing first round matchups are Urban-Ygnacio Valley and Central Catholic-King.

LLNqKPu.png

xKtLaBy.png
Did SI retire its own Sand Dune Tournament? Havent seen it for a couple years now.

Does each section have a limit on non-league games? I understand the CCS has a 10 game cap. Another example, NCS teams Salesian and Branson both have at least another 4 non league games scheduled. I would think all the sections would be the same.

Does each section have a limit on non-league games? I understand the CCS has a 10 game cap. Another example, NCS teams Salesian and Branson both have at least another 4 non league games scheduled. I would think all the sections would be the same.
Sections have limits on total number of games. So the CCS has 24 games. If you're in the WCAL, that means 10 nonleague games. If you're in the PAL Bay, it means 14. NCS allows 26.

And the Sand Dune Classic hasn't been around for a few years, unfortunately.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
And to complicate matters even more you can possibly play games through tournaments as they do.not count 1:1. They usually only count guaranteed games which is usually 2 but a team playing in the championship.of a tournament could play 3-4 games but only have 2 count towards game total

And to complicate matters even more you can possibly play games through tournaments as they do.not count 1:1. They usually only count guaranteed games which is usually 2 but a team playing in the championship.of a tournament could play 3-4 games but only have 2 count towards game total
Depends on where they are. We were going to Have Owyhee from Idaho, come to Gridley.
They said they only had two games available. Our loss.

Here's wishing you great hoops.

Reactions: ayalar09
Depends on where they are. We were going to Have Owyhee from Idaho, come to Gridley.
They said they only had two games available. Our loss.

Here's wishing you great hoops.
They are out of state and the way games are counted may be different.

Just wondering how these brackets are put together. Archie Williams played SI in the first round of the Piedmont tournament 3 weeks ago with SI winning handily. I would think they would want to be placed in opposite side of the brackets let alone playing again in the first round.

Just wondering how these brackets are put together. Archie Williams played SI in the first round of the Piedmont tournament 3 weeks ago with SI winning handily. I would think they would want to be placed in opposite side of the brackets let alone playing again in the first round.
Unsure how that lined up, but that prior matchup was in another tournament, Piedmont's, to be exact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT