ADVERTISEMENT

Best BCL West ever?

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Ethan and some others like Streak will probably give me a good answer. But this maybe the best the BCL West has ever been. Let’s go over some of the teams:

Stuart Hall (13-2) - Yes my Knights are doing well and currently on a 8 game win streak. What changed after losing games to HMB and Priory? A Transfer from International Elijah Hayeems maybe the most underrated player in the entire Bay Area. As well as two Bigs who can rebound, as well as a very athletic crafty little guard in Tim Rayford. Right now the Hall, Athenian and Head Royce have to be the favorites for the NCS D5 title.

University (9-3) - There is nothing new here. University graduates its best player and still continues to put successful teams on the court. After suffering a surprising loss to Archie Williams, they bounced back and ended up upsetting WCAL favorite Riordan in the Championship of their own tournament. 6 wins by more than 30 points. And will most likely look to avenge their earlier loss to SI, in the Championship of Baumbauer. Cole Boake (Claremont-Mcenna) is one of the best guards in the entire city. Their three headed monster of Boake/Fried/Perkins can hit a 3 pointer at any time. University will most likely win the D3 NCS title unless something crazy happens.

Lick Wilmerding (11-3) - Coach Elliot Smith hasn’t had a team like this in awhile. I honestly don’t know much about this team, other than the fact that they lost to International, which for a BCL West team is a pretty bad loss. D4 NCS will most likely go to Justin-Sienna or Ygnacio Valley, but maybe Lick can make some noise.

Urban (9-3) - Urban is a real sleeper this year. Maybe their best team they’ve ever had. Currently 9-3 with wins over Archie Williams(beat Uni) , Cardinal Newman and Marin Catholic x2….I think they have a real chance to challenge Justin-Sienna and Ygnacio Valley for the D4 NCS Championship. They played Ygnacio Valley tough in the opening round of Baumbauer but lost 65-61. Guard Jake Rodriguez is an aggressive high scoring guard.

Overall I think the BCL West might be able to win NCS D3-D5…..unless they decide to move University to the open bracket, which is possible if they finish the rest of the season undefeated.

i'm not a BCL-West historian, and i don't go back further than 2008 or so, but i watched a lot of Micah Elan's senior year at Lick, and four BCL-West teams were in Norcals that year

Reactions: ayalar09
i'm not a BCL-West historian, and i don't go back further than 2008 or so, but i watched a lot of Micah Elan's senior year at Lick, and four BCL-West teams were in Norcals that year

The teams I listed above are almost a lock for NorCal’s and San Domenico has a shot as well….so they actually might send 5 this year.

I really liked the league around 17-18. Lick-Wilmerding had Walter Lum and Zachary Johnson, University had Spencer Spivy and Stuart Hall had Miles Amos plus a few other studs.

Reactions: ayalar09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT