ADVERTISEMENT

Big Week

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Some big games this week.

1. Arguably the 2 best teams in Sacramento area meet up in SFL game. Folsom takes on undefeated Oak Ridge at OR. This will be the first big test for OR after beating both Lincoln and Vacaville comfortably and then the unfortunate forfeit by BM. Last year was absolutely a demolishing by Folsom. They turned it in and ran up the score pretty bad. 63-6 if I recall. Oak Ridge is much improved but the gap is still wide. If same Folsom team that played in 2nd half against DLS shows I could see a 3-4 TD win by Folsom. 49-20 type game. Lamson will make plenty of plays and so will Jacobs/warfield/Barthel but who will stop the talent on Folsom?

Liberty vs Newman at freedom Hs
Big road test for Newman. Both teams appear to be down after having stellar seasons in 2018. In fact one could argue both teams were best in school history.
Liberty will get a test from Newman but in end I think overall size and too much Butterfield prevails 34-24. Think it will be close until the 4th though. Newman coming off a bye week.

I’m sure there are plenty of other good games. These 2 just stuck out and I’m tired of talking about DLS vs Folsom.

Reactions: Santa Ball
BIG WEEK for Hilmar and Ripon. Both teams score points like a running faucet. I expect both teams to score 30 or more points in this contest. The question is which team will perform better on defense. Both teams bring a 4-0 record into this game. Ripon has allowed 39 pts in 4 games while Hilmar has allowed 26 pts in just as many games. I'm going with the road warriors from Ripon. I'll give my score prediction if this match-up is the game of the week on the pick'em slate this week.

Reactions: pantera-cat
Dang we have some great games. Please provide updates for those in attendance.

Yes somebody is lucky Serra has a bye.

Anybody know is Ngata is a go this week against OR? I know he was banged up some in that DLS game. You wonder with his future is it worth taking a risk? They still have plenty of weapons especially with versatility of CJ Hutton.

These both appeared to be great matchups prior to the season, but now they are must wins for Freedom and BOD who are both still winless.
Wife’s cousins son plays for O’Dowd, May drive down to Oakland for this game. Might be interesting.

Wife’s cousins son plays for O’Dowd, May drive down to Oakland for this game. Might be interesting.
Remc

May catch you at the game, O’dowd Is the best 0-4 team in the planet and still fun to watch. I will be in the East Bay for the weekend and that’s a game I want to see.

Remc

May catch you at the game, O’dowd Is the best 0-4 team in the planet and still fun to watch. I will be in the East Bay for the weekend and that’s a game I want to see.
Yeah, I saw them last week vs Pitt. They’ve got some players, couple of athletes. They seem to be better than their record indicates

Yeah, I saw them last week vs Pitt. They’ve got some players, couple of athletes. They seem to be better than their record indicates

They lost to Seaside. Seaside. By double-digits. Seaside... who probably won’t even get 4th place in their league.

Huge questions about Liberty. Barely beat Oakdale (oh, it’s a tough place to play!), who in turn got beat by Palma by double-digits (wait, that was at home, too?).

Newman barely gets by Placer? Maybe the Hillmen are improving, but that was a surprising score, too.

Would not be shocked at all with a CN win.

Aside from DLS, the whole NCS seems questionable.

Huge questions about Liberty. Barely beat Oakdale (oh, it’s a tough place to play!), who in turn got beat by Palma by double-digits (wait, that was at home, too?).

Newman barely gets by Placer? Maybe the Hillmen are improving, but that was a surprising score, too.

Yes, a lot of rebuilding seems to be happening in the NCS.Pitt, Liberty, heck just about the entire BVAL seems to be in rebuild mode.Havent seen any EBAL teams play yet this year.That could change Friday night with Monte Vista vs O'Dowd. Want to see how the Mustangs look, and then get a look at SRV and Clayton Valley.

Placer is a very good team. They could easily be 4-0 right now and I said they wouldn’t lose another reg season game after newman. Newman traveled to a tough environment 3 plus hours away and got a W. Lots of teams can’t do that.

I still say liberty is a good 10-14 pt favorite. Big D1 school playing a perennial tough D4. Huge undertaking by Newman. I def think it’s the game of the week in NorCal though. Rarely do you get to see a 4+ Star and 3 Star QB battle in the same field. If you can make it that is the one to see.

think this week LIBERTY gets on track. their size will take over early and game should be a route. TOO much talent on both lines of liberty not to dominate this game.

Great matchup. 3-1 Lincoln at home vs 4-0 Center. Center QB Michael Wortham has been impossible to contain so far this season. Last week vs a 3-0 El Camino team he threw for 3 touchdowns and ran for 1. He also had 6 straight 2 point conversions. This will be a huge test for Center against a very good Lincoln team.

Placer is a very good team. They could easily be 4-0 right now and I said they wouldn’t lose another reg season game after newman. Newman traveled to a tough environment 3 plus hours away and got a W. Lots of teams can’t do that.

I still say liberty is a good 10-14 pt favorite. Big D1 school playing a perennial tough D4. Huge undertaking by Newman. I def think it’s the game of the week in NorCal though. Rarely do you get to see a 4+ Star and 3 Star QB battle in the same field. If you can make it that is the one to see.

Only in the NCS do the private schools ask for pity. CN isn't a true D-4 team. Their level is much closer to D-2. Same with Marin Catholic. Only the NCS allows these teams to hide in lower divisions. All other sections would have bumped those schools higher.

While certainly not a "powerhouse"- I will be very surprised if Seaside doesn't finish 1st or 2nd in the Mission Division of the PCAL this year. Pretty good up front with some skill guys. Need to avoid the "injury bug" as has been the case the past few years.

Reactions: FBAddict
Great matchup. 3-1 Lincoln at home vs 4-0 Center. Center QB Michael Wortham has been impossible to contain so far this season. Last week vs a 3-0 El Camino team he threw for 3 touchdowns and ran for 1. He also had 6 straight 2 point conversions. This will be a huge test for Center against a very good Lincoln team.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too. Wortham is a 3 year starter at QB for Center and has played great for them all along. And the coaches know each other well from playing together in the PVL for all those years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT