ADVERTISEMENT

2/2, Friday scores in SJS

cptmycpa

Sports Fanatic
Jan 19, 2016
Two big upset wins in SJS league play, Friday.

Sierra Foothill League (SFL)
Del Oro (14-11) upset Whitney (17-8), 45-43 in a close thrilling game won on the free throw line with 11 seconds remaining. Whitney's last possession was a three-point miss as time expired. Whitney's loss puts them in a tie for 3rd place with Del Oro in the SFL, and allows Oak Ridge no worse than 2nd place in the SFL.

Both Oak Ridge and Folsom won easily Friday evening. Folsom is 8-0 and Oak Ridge 7-1 in SFL league play. Next Friday, 2/9, Folsom plays at Oak Ridge for the league title.

Metropolitan League
Monterey Trail (14-9) upset Grant (19-5), 54-49 on "Senior Night" at MT with a good crowd. Grant's loss puts them 7-2 in league play (2nd place), while Monterey Trail goes to 7-3, (3rd place) in Metro league, with a chance to tie for 2nd place after tomorrow's McClatchy at Grant league game tomorrow.

With McClatchy (18-5) winning easily against Burbank, Friday evening, McClatchy goes to 8-0 in the Metro league. McClatchy plays at Grant in a make-up league game tomorrow, Saturday. But Grant's loss to Monterey Trail means that MCClatchy will eventually win the Metro league title, as McClatchy previously beat Grant by 35 points last time in league play.

Last edited:
Read in the Sac Bee this morning that Haper Peterson was ejected in the third quarter of the loss to Del Oro. The second technical was rescinded so she was allowed to play on Saturday against St. Francis

Seems out of character. Any more details?
Not sure of first tech, but second tech came when she complained to a teammate about the call according to the Bee.

Sounds like an over reaction on the second tech for sure

One of the referees overheard the Stanford-bound Harper question a call, not to him but to a teammate. That was her second technical foul of the game, leading to an automatic ejection. The referee on Saturday rescinded the second technical foul, thus allowing Peterson to play Saturday night in a nonleague game against St. Francis, which Whitney won 45-36, heading into the final week of the regular season.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article285094872.html#storylink=cpy

So the ref heard the comment issued a tech, then decided... nah it was no big deal... my bad. wow

Reactions: TheHillZ
Perhaps. Maybe if it was a racial slur or something on that level then ok. Otherwise, I think teammates should be able to say to each other whatever they want or need about opposing players and refs when in battle to let go of steam and frustration.

Perhaps. Maybe if it was a racial slur or something on that level then ok. Otherwise, I think teammates should be able to say to each other whatever they want or need about opposing players and refs when in battle to let go of steam and frustration.
i dont disagree... ive called the refs a few things in my playing days. lolllllll

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT