ADVERTISEMENT

BoysCaliLive24 Schedule for 6/28-30 at Roebbelen Center Announced

Yeah until Salesian loses I like them as well. On paper and in warmups its Riordan but game is played on the court.
The gap is small but all the intangible stuff goes to Salesian. (better coached, better d, better chemistry, etc)
Event was great but having zero food options (those carnival food trucks don't count) and water served in that front lobby at room temp was sort of weak.
Officiating seemed decent to me. Coaches tend to be a little less jumpy as well on missed calls vs a real game. They aren't calling much because the schedule is so impacted. I think I saw 4 FT shot.

Local 916 takes.
Folsom has no size. Didn't look that good and got hammered by a very good Sandra Day O'connor team. I think they went 2-2.
Inderkum had a good showing. Went 3-1 with wins over Clayton and Folsom of local taste.
Modesto Christian. - watched them play a solid game against Dublin. Jury is still out but they seem to be a distant 3rd right now in terms of Salesian and Riordan. But I'm sure they will be right in the mix.
Jesuit- Lots of new pieces. i think only one starter returning player. (Schroeder). Looked shaky against a pretty weak Monte Vista team and got spanked by a good mira costa team and then came back to almost beat Cathedral in there last game.
On paper if rosters stay the same DC, Rocklin, Sac and Inderkum probably the top 4. Folsom will be right there and Jesuit maybe next they are extremely young. Sheldon has a ton of new players so not sure how they will be but the coaching staff there will get them ready. Franklin, CB and MT all in mix for being in the top 10.

On paper if rosters stay the same DC, Rocklin, Sac and Inderkum probably the top 4. Folsom will be right there and Jesuit maybe next they are extremely young. Sheldon has a ton of new players so not sure how they will be but the coaching staff there will get them ready. Franklin, CB and MT all in mix for being in the top 10.
That's a pretty good breakdown.

IMO I would be stunned if Riordan/Salesian didnt both win the Open for CCS and NCS, and then play each other for a shot at states in CIF.

A lot can happen between now and then, but it would be stunning if either of those teams suffered more than a couple losses.

Only issue possibly getting in the way for Riordan is chemistry once all the studs get back with the team. They looked completely ego-free at Roebbelen, but will it stay that way?

Destiny Child didn't look so good. I did see Wiggins kid in a big knee brace.
Sac area (not including MC) has taken a big back seat the last few years to the Bay.

Will a DC, Rocklin, Inderkum crack NCP top 10?

I think it is totally fair to put Salesian at No. 1 being they are the reigning NorCal champions and return a strong team. My opinion was based on the belief that point guard is such an important position and Salesian graduated a really good one in Claytor and Riordan gained a really good one in Carr.

Should be fun to track them!

Reactions: larry legend33
Yeah until Salesian loses I like them as well. On paper and in warmups its Riordan but game is played on the court.
The gap is small but all the intangible stuff goes to Salesian. (better coached, better d, better chemistry, etc)
Event was great but having zero food options (those carnival food trucks don't count) and water served in that front lobby at room temp was sort of weak.
Officiating seemed decent to me. Coaches tend to be a little less jumpy as well on missed calls vs a real game. They aren't calling much because the schedule is so impacted. I think I saw 4 FT shot.

Local 916 takes.
Folsom has no size. Didn't look that good and got hammered by a very good Sandra Day O'connor team. I think they went 2-2.
Inderkum had a good showing. Went 3-1 with wins over Clayton and Folsom of local taste.
Modesto Christian. - watched them play a solid game against Dublin. Jury is still out but they seem to be a distant 3rd right now in terms of Salesian and Riordan. But I'm sure they will be right in the mix.
Jesuit- Lots of new pieces. i think only one starter returning player. (Schroeder). Looked shaky against a pretty weak Monte Vista team and got spanked by a good mira costa team and then came back to almost beat Cathedral in there last game.
Thought many of the Sacramento teams were underwhelming. I know Destiny Christian was playing in a top pool but they were overmatched. I like Inderkum to start the year as the No. 1 team in Saramento.

Reactions: larry legend33
What a great event for the Sacramento area to host. I recall the Eybl had an event here maybe 10 years ago. The facility was top notch and overall the organization looked good. One area that was a big drop off from section 7 was the officiating. I don’t think the refs were bad at cali live but section 7 had only college officials and a bunch of d1 college officials.
Agreed that it was a great event for Sacramento to host. Hopefully they can bring more big events to that location.

Thought many of the Sacramento teams were underwhelming. I know Destiny Christian was playing in a top pool but they were overmatched. I like Inderkum to start the year as the No. 1 team in Saramento.
Inderkum has tons of talent. Also, Sac High has some fantastic guards.

Both Grant and Vanden looked good in their game at CaliLive. Lots of long, skilled and athletics players on the floor. Nice to also see St. Mary's-Albany/Berkeley have a good showing. Is Valley Christian-San Jose finally for real?

Destiny Child didn't look so good. I did see Wiggins kid in a big knee brace.
Sac area (not including MC) has taken a big back seat the last few years to the Bay.

Will a DC, Rocklin, Inderkum crack NCP top 10?
I agree that the Sacramento area is down relatively to what it has been I don’t think it’s way below the bay. Riordan and Salesian are just really really good and top 5 teams in the state. They are absolutely as good as any teams in socal.

I agree that the Sacramento area is down relatively to what it has been I don’t think it’s way below the bay. Riordan and Salesian are just really really good and top 5 teams in the state. They are absolutely as good as any teams in socal.
Yeah didn't think I would say it but that gap is razer thin between tops in norcal and tops in socal. We don't have the breadth because they have so much more population but certainly Salesian proved they were right there last year against HW. (And Riordan will be as well).
Pretty exciting stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT