ADVERTISEMENT

Branson's Viktor Rajkovic

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
So I am curious as to why no D1 schools have offered a scholarship to this kid from Branson.

He seems to check all the boxes. He wins, he plays great defense, rebounds well for his size, he can shoot, he's 6'5, goes to a school that produces great students.

I've seen him play just a little bit, watched videos of some games online, and I am just stunned a team like USF, UC Davis, St. Mary's, Santa Clara, Sacramento St.......no one has offered his kid a scholarship!

Why?

So I am curious as to why no D1 schools have offered a scholarship to this kid from Branson.

He seems to check all the boxes. He wins, he plays great defense, rebounds well for his size, he can shoot, he's 6'5, goes to a school that produces great students.

I've seen him play just a little bit, watched videos of some games online, and I am just stunned a team like USF, UC Davis, St. Mary's, Santa Clara, Sacramento St.......no one has offered his kid a scholarship!

Why?

Is he a point guard? Is he a shooting guard? Is he a small forward? Is he super-quick? Can he defend a 1, 2 or 3 at the D1 level? Is he athletic enough? Now, on the other hand, if you are a mid-major as you note above and have a scholarship available later this year, why not offer it to this kid just to have him on your roster, in your locker room, on road trips, etc.? Or, is he basically heading to the Ivy League anyway?

Great kid. Great student. Great ball player. I saw him play all summer against top talent and he was always consistent. Never flashy...just gets the job done. He has proven his consistency again in the postseason and has added skills and leadership. He wants the ball and wills his teammates to win. He can guard the 3-4 positions in college and has enough O to play at the mid-major D1 level. Solid student-athlete with a big upside.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Then he will be fine. And good luck to him. Always a tonic to see a well-rounded kid heading for a productive college career, both on the court and in the classroom and beyond.

Great kid. Great student. Great ball player. I saw him play all summer against top talent and he was always consistent. Never flashy...just gets the job done. He has proven his consistency again in the postseason and has added skills and leadership. He wants the ball and wills his teammates to win. He can guard the 3-4 positions in college and has enough O to play at the mid-major D1 level. Solid student-athlete with a big upside.

Does he currently have any scholarships? Maybe from a D2 school or NAIA school?

I can't imagine the season ends tonight and this kid never plays another game of ball again!

6'5" isnt nowhere near a promise that you will be a division 1 basketball player. especially if you cannot defend at an elite level, handle the ball or shoot at the same level... being 6'5" and at branson means he has probably had to play the post which limits him in college selections based on just basketball... but i imagine his is really really smart so u can be a bum on the court then and still have plenty of d1 offers

6'5" isnt nowhere near a promise that you will be a division 1 basketball player. especially if you cannot defend at an elite level, handle the ball or shoot at the same level... being 6'5" and at branson means he has probably had to play the post which limits him in college selections based on just basketball... but i imagine his is really really smart so u can be a bum on the court then and still have plenty of d1 offers

If he was just 6'5 he wouldn't shoot the ball the way he does. I didn't see it personally, but I heard from people he did extremely well up at Gridley. You look at Branson's defensive stats, and you have to assume even if you don't watch the kid, that he anchors that defense.

I feel like if this kid played anywhere else but Branson, he would be getting at least 5-10 offers from D1 schools. WCC teams should be chomping at the bit to get this kid on their team!

If he was just 6'5 he wouldn't shoot the ball the way he does. I didn't see it personally, but I heard from people he did extremely well up at Gridley. You look at Branson's defensive stats, and you have to assume even if you don't watch the kid, that he anchors that defense.

I feel like if this kid played anywhere else but Branson, he would be getting at least 5-10 offers from D1 schools. WCC teams should be chomping at the bit to get this kid on their team!
well you havent grasped legal guarding position yet so i am not sure your talent evaluations are too accurate

Reactions: MadHatter11
who is recruiting Brett Thompson from Logan ?

Don’t take my word for it obviously but Brahjon Thompson is the best player on the team and he’s only a junior. I’ll take him over BT/Gabe and Steadman. Logan won’t be as good next year but his senior is gonna be fun with less scorers around him.

He could be a Div 2 player, but it is a bit of a stretch to think him D1. Just my opinion.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Kid can flat out ball! He literally got me out of my seat a few times on some of those spin moves and mid range pull ups. I was very impressed with his game.

Reactions: BayHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT