ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Prolific Prep

Above you note they steal kids from public schools. Well in the case of Branson, I know one father very well. He is a highly intelligent HIBC graduate. He works in Marin, and his son is beige as you and or other refer to the skin color. However I don’t know their uncial situation, but the kid went to an extremely high end private school that doesn’t give scholarships for sports. I mean last I checked a 40k K-8 isn’t giving scholarships for basketball, they provide financial aid from all the alumni dollars that flow in. And many kids at Branson are not paying 60k per year who are not athletes. Or even schools like Stuart Hall were Ayalar went to high school, another school with a tuition thru the ceiling. And why, cause many of their alum are mega millionaires. So let’s see. Being when one graduates from say Branson, they now have a stamp on them as equal as graduating from Stanford. Branson has produced a few D1 athletes over the years, hell for many years they had one of the best coaches to ever coach in Nor Cal for years. His biggest star went to Harvard. You do realize Harvard does not give academic or athletic scholarships, however when your parents are worth a shit load of money and pay for private coaching, personal training, etc….. and their kid happens to be one of the best guards in the Bay Area, Should they have sent their kid to San Marin, San Rafael, or Redwood. I mean the father I know well in the east bay, his son is going to be a D1 recruit. Now let’s see, I live in El Sobrante. My son who is a A student runs just track. He has no interest in basketball and I don’t force it upon him cause I don’t have the desire to force it on him and live my life thru my kid as many basketball fathers do. But let’s say my kid is a basketball player. And being he wants to a big time engineer and Branson has a bus that goes from El Cerrito daily where Prospect is located, I can’t afford 60k a year,
20, absolutely. Possibly 30. But if the rest was covered by financial aid and my son got into Branson, let’s see and this is for you POOP MONSTER, should I send my kid to Branson who will be playing his freshman year at The Damien Classic. At Gridley. In the De La Salle MLK Event. In the Crush in the Valley event. And the Tarkanian classic and take an extra 20mins so he can catch the bus to Marin and make the sacrifice to drive and pick him up after practice which sometimes ends at 8pm. Or should I send him to De Anza which is a one minute drive who struggles to buy uniforms, and plays non league games and traveled this pre season to Napa, Acalanes, Tamalpais, Alhambra and St Mary’s Berkeley. What do you think my final answer is Regis?

And when many public school websites are difficult to navigate and not even up to date at times, this alone on Brandon’s website tells me I made a damn good choice cause great chance my kid isn’t making it to the NBA and therefore can pursue his engineering dreams at a Ivy League School or Stanford.

By the way I know a beige family whose kid played in a private school league and the beige kids father sold a company for $100mil. House purchased for millions years back that is now worth 40mil. They didn’t need a scholarship , they create scholarships. Some beige families just have it like that. I mean God forbid of Steph Curry’s son attends St Francis or Mitty or Sacred Heart Prep and plays basketball versus Woodside or Menlo Atherton. Those three private schools better be ready to tell Steph and Aesha that their son doesn’t have to pay tuition. I mean when one makes 80mil a year, I am pretty sure they not only pay full tuition and also ask the school is their anything we can do for you. I mean athletes parents in Orinda, Moraga, San Ramon and Danville do.

what is HIBC

i dont think he said you private school parents DONT pay taxes..
and you private school parent has never taken a AC transit bus?? live in orinda? checks out. lolllll
First comment:

They both steal students and money from the public schools that need it the most, sacrificing the education of thousands of kids for a couple meaningless wins on a basketball court. I find this abhorrent and unacceptable.

Second comment:

Wrong. In California, schools and districts get dollars allocated to them based on number of students enrolled in the school. So your alleged taxes did not go to the public school if the students did not go.

His words not ours. Our taxes do go to public schools whether an athlete attends public or private. Say Jase at Branson headed to Illinois goes to Marin Catholic instead or Archie Williams. If he goes to Archie Williams we pay the exact amount of Poopie and if Poopie rents we pay more. The comment tenants pay for it is a tad overblown by me. People can’t take 20,40,60k in property tax and pass it all on. When you own investment property it’s a business. However in San Francisco for example higher value higher rents. And who voted in Prop 19, landlords sure didn’t. Renters did cause they hate landlords. Yet once again against their best interest.

So going back to sports, poopie pays no more than a guy with four kids going thru St Ignatius or a guys four going thru Lincoln. Fact is the feds and the state allocate monies to the public school system. If Steph Curry plays lotto and you play lotto you both are contributing the same amount tax wise if say you both bought $20 worth.

But if every kid at Branson that is an athlete and if their parents own their own home in say the East Bay and poopie rents, ironically poopie pays less in taxes towards the public school system. If he owns a home he pays the same.

So it doesn’t matter where kids go. No private school is stealing money from public schools. And if your an athlete and the private school travels all over the west coast and says hey we will give you a percentage off tuition cause we raised 3.8mil in scholarships, you sending your kid that taking a bus daily to a tournament in Sac from Marin or Vegas and LA and staying in a hotel for a few days and where the competition is at a level your kid is getting recognized for another athletic scholarship.

As for the comment above do people like Lebron pay for Bryce to go to school. Hell yes they do. I am watching Lebron play Saturday night. He will be making $560k. Break that down for 24 hours, between driving to the airport, practice, shoot arounds, sleeping in a hotel possibly and not his own bed, working out, eating at Epic Steak most likely, and spending 5 hours at Chase then let’s call a game day check a 24 hour check. That’s just below $25k a hour. He makes Bryce’s tuition with his eyes closed for a hour in a half. Add in his endorsements, and take his daily income for 365 days in a year, he can pay Bryce’s tuition and buy a Lambo SUV in one days worth of work. Bron doesn’t give a rats ass about tuition, parents whose kids are better than Bryce and their parents can’t afford say Mater Dei, it’s awesome the wealthy and celebrities pay so those kids can attend a elite sports school. Versus La Serna whose farthest basketball game this season tournaments and single games is a hour bus ride.

On that note it’s fun being up in the middle of the night cause the dog has to go poopsie. And I live in El Sobrante and if De La Salle which is a 30min ride and they wanted my son to play football, he would go versus walking up to my wife’s old high school in 4 minutes. Good news, is my son only runs track. And I took a bus for 9 years attending catholic school in San Francisco.

First comment:

They both steal students and money from the public schools that need it the most, sacrificing the education of thousands of kids for a couple meaningless wins on a basketball court. I find this abhorrent and unacceptable.

Second comment:

Wrong. In California, schools and districts get dollars allocated to them based on number of students enrolled in the school. So your alleged taxes did not go to the public school if the students did not go.

His words not ours. Our taxes do go to public schools whether an athlete attends public or private. Say Jase at Branson headed to Illinois goes to Marin Catholic instead or Archie Williams. If he goes to Archie Williams we pay the exact amount of Poopie and if Poopie rents we pay more. The comment tenants pay for it is a tad overblown by me. People can’t take 20,40,60k in property tax and pass it all on. When you own investment property it’s a business. However in San Francisco for example higher value higher rents. And who voted in Prop 19, landlords sure didn’t. Renters did cause they hate landlords. Yet once again against their best interest.

So going back to sports, poopie pays no more than a guy with four kids going thru St Ignatius or a guys four going thru Lincoln. Fact is the feds and the state allocate monies to the public school system. If Steph Curry plays lotto and you play lotto you both are contributing the same amount tax wise if say you both bought $20 worth.

But if every kid at Branson that is an athlete and if their parents own their own home in say the East Bay and poopie rents, ironically poopie pays less in taxes towards the public school system. If he owns a home he pays the same.

So it doesn’t matter where kids go. No private school is stealing money from public schools. And if your an athlete and the private school travels all over the west coast and says hey we will give you a percentage off tuition cause we raised 3.8mil in scholarships, you sending your kid that taking a bus daily to a tournament in Sac from Marin or Vegas and LA and staying in a hotel for a few days and where the competition is at a level your kid is getting recognized for another athletic scholarship.

As for the comment above do people like Lebron pay for Bryce to go to school. Hell yes they do. I am watching Lebron play Saturday night. He will be making $560k. Break that down for 24 hours, between driving to the airport, practice, shoot arounds, sleeping in a hotel possibly and not his own bed, working out, eating at Epic Steak most likely, and spending 5 hours at Chase then let’s call a game day check a 24 hour check. That’s just below $25k a hour. He makes Bryce’s tuition with his eyes closed for a hour in a half. Add in his endorsements, and take his daily income for 365 days in a year, he can pay Bryce’s tuition and buy a Lambo SUV in one days worth of work. Bron doesn’t give a rats ass about tuition, parents whose kids are better than Bryce and their parents can’t afford say Mater Dei, it’s awesome the wealthy and celebrities pay so those kids can attend a elite sports school. Versus La Serna whose farthest basketball game this season tournaments and single games is a hour bus ride.

On that note it’s fun being up in the middle of the night cause the dog has to go poopsie. And I live in El Sobrante and if De La Salle which is a 30min ride and they wanted my son to play football, he would go versus walking up to my wife’s old high school in 4 minutes. Good news, is my son only runs track. And I took a bus for 9 years attending catholic school in San Francisco.
yeah what he said

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT