ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Prolific Prep

HSWIZARD73

Sports Fanatic
May 17, 2017
As I have made my return back into following high school basketball, tonight was the first event I have been to in years. And even though I have seen critical comments about Prolific, I must say I have much respect now for them.

For starters their game of the many games today is just different. Sure both teams are loaded with talent and some future lottery picks, the size, speed, and leaping ability with a 24 second shot clock is awesome to watch. Dream City has a lefty who can flat out play and he is only a sophomore. And Stokes and AJ are incredible and Winters Grady was fun to watch.

Branson by far runs the best offense. It’s not a surprise they beat more athletic and talented teams. Great coaching staff, great to see Jonas on their bench, and the kid going to Illinois is a joy to watch and Carr, I am sure some good schools must be knocking on the door, but if he could sprout up a tad more, watch out cause the kid can flat out score.

Salesian played a tough game. Got off to quick start. But Millenium played them hard and the sophomore leading scorer for Milkenium is big time. Coach Mellis kept his team in it and they got the win. Was great to catch up with Coach. Being I live so close gonna check out a few more games and would love to see them practice. He runs a great program.

Riordan played solid tonight. Have only seen them play online. Sensley had a big game. Got to catch up and spend some good time with Tofi and talk about some great moments during the state title run. So glad he is coaching. He is such a nice guy, and was one of the nicest high school players to ever be around daily. Nice to see good old Kareem on the Riordan staff as well. Great guy. And I think the only tough obstacle Riordan has is balancing playing time. Got to give Curtin credit for taking on such a challenge. Sometimes having to many D1 players can be tough at times. But they balanced the rotations well and I think it wore down Centennial as they don’t have a very deep bench.

And as for the Clovis game. They play hard as hell. But man would have loved to see more flow in that game. Everytime you turned around whistle after whistle on both Vanden and Clovis, really disrupted the flow.

As for the atmosphere. Great to see the great Leon Powe in attendance. Got to catch up with him and such a nice guy. Glad to see he still works for the Celtics. He said he enjoys living in Boston. Nice to also see some of the Soldiers staff and Mr. Mark Olivier. I said man your Lebron James team I will never forget. He said my team this summer has potential to be the best. This summer he will have the best senior and junior in the country and he said they are gonna be pretty loaded. And two more things.

Kiddman I don’t know how you do it. I didn’t get a chance to meet you but as I watched the game I thought to myself I bet Kiddman would be a great play by play guy. Cause all you type with the game moving so fast, much respect sir.

And lastly and most importantly I met the one and only Ayalar. Great to meet you man. Glad you got to experience the coaching side of one of the best games and be around such talent. Prolific ran a great event. Much credit to one of SH’s finest Phil for running such a great event with a great lineup. Really cool what they did for Sensley before the game and showing on the video screen one of the biggest shots ever made in Prolific Prep History for the national title.

Branson was firing on all cylinders in their win vs Monterey Trail. I really like their offensive scheme and pushing the ball upcourt. Their defense is also very good.

Salesian keeps impressing. The most balanced team in NorCal as any one of their rotation players can hurt you either on offense or defense.

Riordan finding its way. Great bounce back wins on the road at Mitty, hosting Bellarmine on Fri and last night's clash after their loss to Salesian on Monday.

Reactions: mansnothot
As I have made my return back into following high school basketball, tonight was the first event I have been to in years. And even though I have seen critical comments about Prolific, I must say I have much respect now for them.

For starters their game of the many games today is just different. Sure both teams are loaded with talent and some future lottery picks, the size, speed, and leaping ability with a 24 second shot clock is awesome to watch. Dream City has a lefty who can flat out play and he is only a sophomore. And Stokes and AJ are incredible and Winters Grady was fun to watch.

Branson by far runs the best offense. It’s not a surprise they beat more athletic and talented teams. Great coaching staff, great to see Jonas on their bench, and the kid going to Illinois is a joy to watch and Carr, I am sure some good schools must be knocking on the door, but if he could sprout up a tad more, watch out cause the kid can flat out score.

Salesian played a tough game. Got off to quick start. But Millenium played them hard and the sophomore leading scorer for Milkenium is big time. Coach Mellis kept his team in it and they got the win. Was great to catch up with Coach. Being I live so close gonna check out a few more games and would love to see them practice. He runs a great program.

Riordan played solid tonight. Have only seen them play online. Sensley had a big game. Got to catch up and spend some good time with Tofi and talk about some great moments during the state title run. So glad he is coaching. He is such a nice guy, and was one of the nicest high school players to ever be around daily. Nice to see good old Kareem on the Riordan staff as well. Great guy. And I think the only tough obstacle Riordan has is balancing playing time. Got to give Curtin credit for taking on such a challenge. Sometimes having to many D1 players can be tough at times. But they balanced the rotations well and I think it wore down Centennial as they don’t have a very deep bench.

And as for the Clovis game. They play hard as hell. But man would have loved to see more flow in that game. Everytime you turned around whistle after whistle on both Vanden and Clovis, really disrupted the flow.

As for the atmosphere. Great to see the great Leon Powe in attendance. Got to catch up with him and such a nice guy. Glad to see he still works for the Celtics. He said he enjoys living in Boston. Nice to also see some of the Soldiers staff and Mr. Mark Olivier. I said man your Lebron James team I will never forget. He said my team this summer has potential to be the best. This summer he will have the best senior and junior in the country and he said they are gonna be pretty loaded. And two more things.

Kiddman I don’t know how you do it. I didn’t get a chance to meet you but as I watched the game I thought to myself I bet Kiddman would be a great play by play guy. Cause all you type with the game moving so fast, much respect sir.

And lastly and most importantly I met the one and only Ayalar. Great to meet you man. Glad you got to experience the coaching side of one of the best games and be around such talent. Prolific ran a great event. Much credit to one of SH’s finest Phil for running such a great event with a great lineup. Really cool what they did for Sensley before the game and showing on the video screen one of the biggest shots ever made in Prolific Prep History for the national title.
Thank you for attending, thank you for the feedback, and we are thankful that fans in the Bay Area can experience such a unique blend of different teams from around the region. The event was created by Bishop O'Dowd, Salesian, and Prolific Prep 9 years ago for the fans of the Bay Area, the High School Teams in NorCal, and the players in NorCal.

See you next year on Saturday January 25th, 2025 at Contra Costa College.

We are thankful the Athletic Department at Contra Costa College and the Men's Basketball program led by Coach Miguel Johnson and Coach Marshall Collins have embraced this event and made it possible for such an event to be run like this in the Bay Area.

Contra Costa College facility is spectacular and located perfectly in the Bay Area for many different regions to access off the freeway.

Thanks again for supporting.

"Kiddman I don’t know how you do it. I didn’t get a chance to meet you but as I watched the game I thought to myself I bet Kiddman would be a great play by play guy. Cause all you type with the game moving so fast, much respect sir."

Ummmm, nah. I am nowhere close. But thanks :)

Thank you for everyone that attended and the positive remarks. We appreciate it and will keep working hard and hosting great events

Reactions: mansnothot
Couldn’t agree with you more about Milleniums Cam Holmes. Probably the most impressive non-prep school player I have seen this year….maybe since Jalen Green. Kid has a lefty shot that is smooth as butter, and he seemed to do a good job both running the point and playing some wing.

Bay Area basketball is in a really good place right now. It’s going to be one heck of a Jan and Feb going into playoffs and CIF!

They would definitely if the decisions were made today.

I think the NCS Open teams right now are:

1) Salesian
2) De La Salle
3) Branson
4) Riordan
5) Sacred Heart Prep
6) Granada

I don’t think they’ll go over 6.

I think the NCS Open teams right now are:

1) Salesian
2) De La Salle
3) Branson
4) Riordan
5) Sacred Heart Prep
6) Granada

I don’t think they’ll go over 6.
I would go like this:

1. Salesian
2. De La Salle
3. Branson
4. San Ramon Valley
5. Granada
6. University

Reactions: ayalar09
Not a fan of the programs at Branson or Salesian. They're bad for basketball in the region.
the richmond public school district doesnt provide the experience of the salesians college prep... nothing wrong with wanting more for your student.. i have no clue where branson is, but with the color scheme of the players i imagine it is also in an inner city so same theory applies

the richmond public school district doesnt provide the experience of the salesians college prep... nothing wrong with wanting more for your student.. i have no clue where branson is, but with the color scheme of the players i imagine it is also in an inner city so same theory applies
The Branson School is in Ross, CA (Marin County). It’s a private school (tuition - $59k) located in one of the most affluent cities in CA

Reactions: observer22
Not a fan of the programs at Branson or Salesian. They're bad for basketball in the region.

Are you kidding me? These two programs are the epitome of what every program in the Bay Area should aspire to be. They are the standard.

You know what how about instead of complaining all the time (I was there once) you go out to some games and maybe see how well these programs are run.

Mellis, is the most calm, and collected coach I’ve seen on the sidelines. Hes respectful to his players, but he still demands a lot out of them and if they screw up, the next guy comes in and they sit him down and explain to him what they did wrong. Not to mention all his players act with 100% class the entire time. They also run a press that left me absolutely mesmerized.

Branson, that new head coach is top tier. One of the best they have had since Jonas. He holds all his guys accountable, especially on defense. You screw up on defense you can be subbed out. And I don’t know why Keefe on Branson doesn’t have a D1 scholarship or any offers, because this guy brings a lot to the table.

The Branson School is in Ross, CA (Marin County). It’s a private school (tuition - $59k) located in one of the most affluent cities in CA
well, that aint inner city... where they get all them beige skinned fellas from???? and what they daddy do for a living to pay 59k for something is free??!!!

Are you kidding me? These two programs are the epitome of what every program in the Bay Area should aspire to be. They are the standard.

You know what how about instead of complaining all the time (I was there once) you go out to some games and maybe see how well these programs are run.

Mellis, is the most calm, and collected coach I’ve seen on the sidelines. Hes respectful to his players, but he still demands a lot out of them and if they screw up, the next guy comes in and they sit him down and explain to him what they did wrong. Not to mention all his players act with 100% class the entire time. They also run a press that left me absolutely mesmerized.

Branson, that new head coach is top tier. One of the best they have had since Jonas. He holds all his guys accountable, especially on defense. You screw up on defense you can be subbed out. And I don’t know why Keefe on Branson doesn’t have a D1 scholarship or any offers, because this guy brings a lot to the table.
jabari bird and dominic artis have entered the chat............

What are you talking about?!? Please explain
They both steal students and money from the public schools that need it the most, sacrificing the education of thousands of kids for a couple meaningless wins on a basketball court. I find this abhorrent and unacceptable.

They both steal students and money from the public schools that need it the most, sacrificing the education of thousands of kids for a couple meaningless wins on a basketball court. I find this abhorrent and unacceptable.
My taxes continued to go to support public education, even though my choice was to spend my discrtionary income on a private education. You need a better argument. No public schools are contracting because private education is growing.

My taxes continued to go to support public education, even though my choice was to spend my discrtionary income on a private education. You need a better argument. No public schools are contracting because private education is growing.
Wrong. In California, schools and districts get dollars allocated to them based on number of students enrolled in the school. So your alleged taxes did not go to the public school if the students did not go.

Branson is actually in Ross where the average median price of homes is 4mil. They attract athletic and intelligent kids. Many of their east bay students go thru prospect sierra which is a high end elementary and middle school. Tuition at Branson is just under 60k. Tuition at Prospect for middle school grades is 38k. But Branson is like a Stanford, they provide a large amount of financial assistance but it is a hard school to get into and most athletes who have moved on go to Ivy League.

Reactions: nobody209
Wrong. In California, schools and districts get dollars allocated to them based on number of students enrolled in the school. So your alleged taxes did not go to the public school if the students did not go.
Wow... so, I am not talking about the money that the ADA get's a school. I am talking about taxes paid by homeowners and citizens for public school state and local support. You see, that was still paid by me. Still need a better argument, not a louder argument.

Salesian has approximately 425 students (coed) and Branson has about 400 students (coed). Not big schools nor are all the kids from the immediate areas of the surrounding schools. I'm pretty sure that they don't qualify for stealing dollars from the community.

Dude you are truly a Mormon. It’s evident you don’t own a house. Have you heard of school bonds. My kids go to private school. And it’s ironic that I just was looking at my property tax bill. And my son will end up at Salesian or Branson and I live 15 minutes from Salesian.

WCCUSD PARCEL TAX: $147.82
WCCUSD ASSESMENT TAX: $72.00
WCC UNIF BKND 2000(Yes that means it was a bond voted in in 2000 and a majority of bonds do not expire when they should. The county keeps them on the bills) $54.81
WEST CC UNIF BD 98, drumroll $0.00, holy crap it finally expired this year.
WCCUSD 2002 BOND: $254.58
WCC UNIF BOND 2005: $295.46
WCCUSD 2010 BOND: $161.46
WCCUSD 2012 BOND: $131.93
Now please enlighten us on how is catholic school parents don’t pay taxes. Hell we pay taxes, hey Mr. Obvious the State and Feds send everyone’s tax to school districts, and hell I even pay a damn AC Transit PCL TX of $96.00 and I have lived in my current home since January 2013 and I haven’t even been on a AC Transit bus in my entire life. So for the love of God please tell me you have a friend who sends their kids to private schools and they know of a special form that says if your kid goes to private school please deduct these taxes and I will personally sign the title of my 1970 fully restored Mach 1 to you and make sure their is no POOP on the rims or tires.

Us private school parents pay more to schools than 98 percent of public school parents.

We pay public school taxes on property tax. We pay them in sales tax, income tax, and 7 school bonds that guess who votes them in, people who rent is the majority. Cause if they knew how much corruption is behind school bonds everyone would vote NO. My school bonds are just under $1000, you think landlords don’t reflect their property tax bills on the rent. We sure the hell do. Every school bond in San Francisco is paid for by my tenants when they sign a lease. And people wonder when my overall property tax on my current home is $7200, why if I upgraded and rented it, that $7200 is going to be fixed into the price. You think landlords don’t have garbage and water built in. We ain’t stupid, the voters who approve all this crap and rent are voting against their own interest.

And how the hell do you think Bishop O’Dowd built a $40mil dollar gym complex. It sure the hell wasn’t from the state or federal taxes. It was paid for by the alumni and current parents. Chocolate sales, walk a thons, crab feeds, festivals, block parties. You name it. We private school parents pay boatloads of money overall and we also do it as well as alumni donate to scholarship funds so those less fortunate can become a basketball star at Salesian, De La Salle, Riordan, Mater Dei. But there is an answer to success. The LaMorinda school district which consists of Acalanes, Miramonte, and Campolindo, you know why they have nice uniforms, nice gyms and facilities and travel during the preseason including out of state, cause they know in order to a be a elite public school it takes more than money per student and therefore they fundraise millions per school year.

So here is a link that will show you they give more than just taxes and treat their public schools like private.

How you like them apples, oops, I mean that shit.

Private schools are growing in numbers where as Catholic schools are dying. Costs (paying teachers) are rising and the "luxury" of having Brothers and Sisters teaching for free has all but dried up. Unfortunately nothing lasts forever, schools close, new ones open. So your choices are move your family to a good area that has awesome public schools or pony up the cash to stay where youre at and send to private.

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Branson is actually in Ross where the average median price of homes is 4mil. They attract athletic and intelligent kids. Many of their east bay students go thru prospect sierra which is a high end elementary and middle school. Tuition at Branson is just under 60k. Tuition at Prospect for middle school grades is 38k. But Branson is like a Stanford, they provide a large amount of financial assistance but it is a hard school to get into and most athletes who have moved on go to Ivy League.
Where they bus all them beige brothas from?

Dude you are truly a Mormon. It’s evident you don’t own a house. Have you heard of school bonds. My kids go to private school. And it’s ironic that I just was looking at my property tax bill. And my son will end up at Salesian or Branson and I live 15 minutes from Salesian.

WCC UNIF BKND 2000(Yes that means it was a bond voted in in 2000 and a majority of bonds do not expire when they should. The county keeps them on the bills) $54.81
Now please enlighten us on how is catholic school parents don’t pay taxes. Hell we pay taxes, hey Mr. Obvious the State and Feds send everyone’s tax to school districts, and hell I even pay a damn AC Transit PCL TX of $96.00 and I have lived in my current home since January 2013 and I haven’t even been on a AC Transit bus in my entire life. So for the love of God please tell me you have a friend who sends their kids to private schools and they know of a special form that says if your kid goes to private school please deduct these taxes and I will personally sign the title of my 1970 fully restored Mach 1 to you and make sure their is no POOP on the rims or tires.

Us private school parents pay more to schools than 98 percent of public school parents.

We pay public school taxes on property tax. We pay them in sales tax, income tax, and 7 school bonds that guess who votes them in, people who rent is the majority. Cause if they knew how much corruption is behind school bonds everyone would vote NO. My school bonds are just under $1000, you think landlords don’t reflect their property tax bills on the rent. We sure the hell do. Every school bond in San Francisco is paid for by my tenants when they sign a lease. And people wonder when my overall property tax on my current home is $7200, why if I upgraded and rented it, that $7200 is going to be fixed into the price. You think landlords don’t have garbage and water built in. We ain’t stupid, the voters who approve all this crap and rent are voting against their own interest.

And how the hell do you think Bishop O’Dowd built a $40mil dollar gym complex. It sure the hell wasn’t from the state or federal taxes. It was paid for by the alumni and current parents. Chocolate sales, walk a thons, crab feeds, festivals, block parties. You name it. We private school parents pay boatloads of money overall and we also do it as well as alumni donate to scholarship funds so those less fortunate can become a basketball star at Salesian, De La Salle, Riordan, Mater Dei. But there is an answer to success. The LaMorinda school district which consists of Acalanes, Miramonte, and Campolindo, you know why they have nice uniforms, nice gyms and facilities and travel during the preseason including out of state, cause they know in order to a be a elite public school it takes more than money per student and therefore they fundraise millions per school year.

So here is a link that will show you they give more than just taxes and treat their public schools like private.

Mic drop

Reactions: nobody209

That's not the "mic drop" you think it is. You literally admitted that you don't pay the money for the schools, your TENANTS do. Who are the exact same working-class people getting screwed over by schools like Branson and Salesian, which is exactly my point.

We're getting too far off topic though, so I'll exit stage left before any of us get in trouble with the mods.

That's not the "mic drop" you think it is. You literally admitted that you don't pay the money for the schools, your TENANTS do. Who are the exact same working-class people getting screwed over by schools like Branson and Salesian, which is exactly my point.

We're getting too far off topic though, so I'll exit stage left before any of us get in trouble with the mods.
Above you note they steal kids from public schools. Well in the case of Branson, I know one father very well. He is a highly intelligent HIBC graduate. He works in Marin, and his son is beige as you and or other refer to the skin color. However I don’t know their uncial situation, but the kid went to an extremely high end private school that doesn’t give scholarships for sports. I mean last I checked a 40k K-8 isn’t giving scholarships for basketball, they provide financial aid from all the alumni dollars that flow in. And many kids at Branson are not paying 60k per year who are not athletes. Or even schools like Stuart Hall were Ayalar went to high school, another school with a tuition thru the ceiling. And why, cause many of their alum are mega millionaires. So let’s see. Being when one graduates from say Branson, they now have a stamp on them as equal as graduating from Stanford. Branson has produced a few D1 athletes over the years, hell for many years they had one of the best coaches to ever coach in Nor Cal for years. His biggest star went to Harvard. You do realize Harvard does not give academic or athletic scholarships, however when your parents are worth a shit load of money and pay for private coaching, personal training, etc….. and their kid happens to be one of the best guards in the Bay Area, Should they have sent their kid to San Marin, San Rafael, or Redwood. I mean the father I know well in the east bay, his son is going to be a D1 recruit. Now let’s see, I live in El Sobrante. My son who is a A student runs just track. He has no interest in basketball and I don’t force it upon him cause I don’t have the desire to force it on him and live my life thru my kid as many basketball fathers do. But let’s say my kid is a basketball player. And being he wants to a big time engineer and Branson has a bus that goes from El Cerrito daily where Prospect is located, I can’t afford 60k a year,
20, absolutely. Possibly 30. But if the rest was covered by financial aid and my son got into Branson, let’s see and this is for you POOP MONSTER, should I send my kid to Branson who will be playing his freshman year at The Damien Classic. At Gridley. In the De La Salle MLK Event. In the Crush in the Valley event. And the Tarkanian classic and take an extra 20mins so he can catch the bus to Marin and make the sacrifice to drive and pick him up after practice which sometimes ends at 8pm. Or should I send him to De Anza which is a one minute drive who struggles to buy uniforms, and plays non league games and traveled this pre season to Napa, Acalanes, Tamalpais, Alhambra and St Mary’s Berkeley. What do you think my final answer is Regis?

And when many public school websites are difficult to navigate and not even up to date at times, this alone on Brandon’s website tells me I made a damn good choice cause great chance my kid isn’t making it to the NBA and therefore can pursue his engineering dreams at a Ivy League School or Stanford.

By the way I know a beige family whose kid played in a private school league and the beige kids father sold a company for $100mil. House purchased for millions years back that is now worth 40mil. They didn’t need a scholarship , they create scholarships. Some beige families just have it like that. I mean God forbid of Steph Curry’s son attends St Francis or Mitty or Sacred Heart Prep and plays basketball versus Woodside or Menlo Atherton. Those three private schools better be ready to tell Steph and Aesha that their son doesn’t have to pay tuition. I mean when one makes 80mil a year, I am pretty sure they not only pay full tuition and also ask the school is their anything we can do for you. I mean athletes parents in Orinda, Moraga, San Ramon and Danville do.

Oh and Poop Monster I respect your opinion. But maybe you should move to Texas where public schools steal kids from private schools. I mean please don’t tell me you believe that kids at Allen High and Sourh Lame Carrol don’t have 60mil football stadiums cause all the kids live in the same hood. I mean picture Oakland. Wouldn’t that be something if all the kids from the hood around McClymonds just happen to be star athletes. You want to talk about robbery. Is it fair for a kid in Oakland to rig the system and go to say Oakland Tech while all the rest of the neighborhood kids go Mac. How dare Tech steals that tax money.

Do we think any of the NBA sons (Martin, Pippen, James, and the likes) pay the Sierra Canyon tuition ($44,100)?

i dont think he said you private school parents DONT pay taxes..
and you private school parent has never taken a AC transit bus?? live in orinda? checks out. lolllll

Who knows, but I’m sure there are some huge donations being made as tax write offs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT