ADVERTISEMENT

Burlingame Lions Tourney - Dec 4, 6, 7

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
The B-Game Lions Tourney begins today and the 4 teams I could find on maxpreps participating are Menlo, Aragon, Carlmont, and Stuart Hall. I believe there are 4 more I am missing.

Stuart Hall just won the Redwood Classic in Boonville, CA winning each game by an average of 42 points. Played a tough early game against Sacred Heart earlier this year, where the time of the game def. played a factor in both teams games. Sacred Heart prevailed and will be a sleeper in their conference this year.

If Anyone can fill in the info for this tournament that I am missing, it would be greatly appreciated!

Glad Basketball Season is up and running!!!!

Reactions: jordan24
Thank you for the updates,

So we have: SHHS, Paly, El Camino, Hillsdale, Burlingame, Carlmont, Menlo, and Aragon.

Should be a great tourney, and I'll be there for the 330 SHHS vs. Carlmont

Thank you for the updates,

So we have: SHHS, Paly, El Camino, Hillsdale, Burlingame, Carlmont, Menlo, and Aragon.

Should be a great tourney, and I'll be there for the 330 SHHS vs. Carlmont

Actually, probably JV type basketball. Besides SHHS and Menlo, all those teams are lacking size and athleticism. Stuart Hall and Menlo best two teams by a mile...hopefully they're on opposite sides of the bracket.

Actually, probably JV type basketball. Besides SHHS and Menlo, all those teams are lacking size and athleticism. Stuart Hall and Menlo best two teams by a mile...hopefully they're on opposite sides of the bracket.

They are.

First round scores:

Stuart Hall 66, Carlmont 58
Palo Alto 66, Hillsdale 61
El Camino (SSF) 44, Burlingame 42
Menlo School 67, Aragon 46

Tourney continues Thursday and Friday. Wednesday is an off day.

Despite losing by 21, Aragon was very impressive. PAL South will be a great battle all season. Hillsdale played their butts off against Palo Alto and were down 3 with 18 seconds to play. Carlmont also played a very good game against Stuart Hall and Burlingame missed a putback at the buzzer as El Camino got their 1st win after 3 losses in the Novato Tournament.

As usual, an excellent field.

I think calling the teams JV teams other than Stuart Hall and Menlo is completely unfair. I saw some good basketball from Carlmont yesterday. Also had a run in with Palo Alto's coach Rodney Tention, who may have some of the best coaching credentials, of any coach in Bay Area high school basketball right now. Guy coached a ton of college, and i'm sure he'll turn Palo Alto into a solid team.

Overall tournament is off to a good start. I think Stuart Hall plays Palo Alto in the next Round, and El Camino Will Play Menlo

My bad...JV comments not necessarily in terms of the skill and execution of the players and team. More about physicality, athleticism. But that's generally the case with the PAL.

Day Two Scores

Consolation bracket:
Carlmont 60, Hillsdale 42
Aragon 44, Burlingame 41 OT

Championship bracket:
Menlo School 56, El Camino (SSF) 38
Stuart Hall 47, Palo Alto 42

Stuart Hall vs. Menlo School for title Friday at 8 p.m. at Burlingame High School

Reactions: ayalar09
Day Three Scores

Seventh Place: Hillsdale 65, Burlingame 40
Consolation crown: Carlmont 65, Aragon 50
Third Place: Palo Alto 70, El Camino (SSF) 51
Championship: Stuart Hall 66, Menlo School 56

Tourney MVP: Nigel Burris, Stuart Hall

Stuart Hall No. 30 Kyle Jasper deserves a special shout out. He's a junior,and his shot is probably one of the purest shots in all of the Bay Area. Really fun to watch, I believe he hit three 3-pointers in a row to end the 2nd half and give Stuart Hall a lead they never ended up relinquishing!

Jasper was big in a season-opening win against Aragon as well. Can heat up like Roy Yuan at St. Francis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT