ADVERTISEMENT

BVAL league re-alignment talk scheduled

DFence1st

Sports Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
Heard from a little bird that there will be a discussion during the BVAL post-season meeting about changing the league format back to its 3-tiered system... looks like CPS made the call in?

3 Tier system was the original format of A, B, and C league teams with 8 teams in each division. This years geographic re-alignment doesn't seem to be boding well with the majority of schools.

3 Tier system was the original format of A, B, and C league teams with 8 teams in each division. This years geographic re-alignment doesn't seem to be boding well with the majority of schools.

A few little birds told me attendance was down as well. While the Rich got Richer the Poor got Poorer, nobody was a winner here. The final lesson will be learned when The Godfather of this atrocity gets beaten like a snare drum in the playoffs. Last time I checked, only 2 teams in the BV EZ league had winning records. I even was told some girls teams finished games with 4 players and 50 point drubbings. I'm glad my reports got through and the A-B-C format is back.

Hearing now the following is being proposed::

BVAL split into 4 leagues with 6 teams each

A league of 6 teams
2 B league geographic (6 teams each region)
C league of 6 teams

This would strengthen the A league by making it more exclusive, keep the C league to the bottom 6 so that one team isn't just smashing everyone else, and a 12 team B league based on geographic location keeps those teams competitive.

I'm not from that area what league are all these schools in now?

Last edited:
I'm not from that area what league are all these schools in now?

These are teams in and around San Jose. All the schools are public schools. The schools are in the Blossom Valley Athletic League, which has had 3 different League Divisions for all sports for at least 20 years.

Usually the A League has been called the Mount Hamilton Division/League
Usually the B League has been called the Santa Teresa Division/League
Usually the C League has been called the West Valley Division/League

This changed for this season's basketball season.

That sounds almost exactly what was proposed by Simos and Berticivech in the first place last year but the coaches voted it down. This one adds the C league too. Will be interesting to see what happens.

This sounds like a decent proposal. If the coaches mentioned had this in plan originally and it got shot down, why would they agree to the "lack of common sense plan" of this years league. I wonder if CCS will allow this format or we will see an A, B, C, C format. The old format is the best in my opinion, it allows movement of team winning league each year. The problem is they vote on it. I like the Deanza where I have coached Football. You win league you go up and vice Versa. When the Mad Hatter got involved the league was like the Oroville Dam........unstoppable and caused severe damage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT