ADVERTISEMENT

Cal High Football

My understanding is that he stepped down for reasons unknown, the picture is from their big win over Clayton Valley.

Next hire is a big one for Cal. EBAL is a grind to stay relevant in year-to-year

No doubt Streak hopefully a good replacement will be coming soon. Billeci and Sanchez worked hard to make and keep the program relevant. As much as I like Coach Billeci I think this program has the potential to be even better if it can simply keep local talent from transferring elsewhere.

It’s my understanding that he announced it to the school yesterday. Reasons unknown, but he’s got 2 young kids and that may play into it. He had the most seniority out of all EBAL head coaches. He leaves after 10 seasons as the winningest coach in school history.

I would love to be a fly on the wall and have an idea of prospective candidates. It's too bad Matt Hoefs is teaching over at Liberty because he would be a strong candidate for CHS Head Coach

Speaking of Tony Sanchez, he stepped down/was let go at UNLV this past week.

Reactions: THEOC89
Yes, for the first time ever they didn’t have enough players to field a freshman team. The article stated they had only 18 come out this year, compared to 70+ when Sanchez & Hoefs were there. Foothill also had to drop their frosh team. Unfortunately, high school football is on its way out, it’s only a matter of time.

At Cal High there are those that love Billeci and those that dislike him. Some parents don't want their sons playing for him and due to loose transfer rules, there are those that choose to bypass Cal High for other local schools and football programs. The number decline at Foothill is mostly due to changing demographics in that area and of course the trend of mom's not allowing their sons to play tackle football.

Yet Livermore frosh go 8-1 and Amador Valley fields frosh?

Cal High caught lightning in a bottle with Sanchez. That’s obvious with the Gorman grab and FBS payday. He was supremely capable of gregariously attracting all: Admins, Peers, Assistants, Athletes, Student Body, Families, Community....everyone wanted in. And his Staff were more regarded than him! That’s a formula for success that cannot be measured by W-L pct.

Word on the street is that Foothill JV coach Keith Millard Jr is inquiring about CHS Varsity head job. If chosen he would bring Cameron Cook as his offensive coordinator and former Minnesota Viking Keith Millard Sr as his defensive coordinator

Also heard a rumor that Billeci is considering the Heritage job. Popular opinion is Hartwig was going to take the Heritage job but may be getting cold feet.

Another rumor is Lucido might step down at Antioch. If so that would make three NCS D1 jobs open.

Also heard a rumor that Billeci is considering the Heritage job. Popular opinion is Hartwig was going to take the Heritage job but may be getting cold feet.

Another rumor is Lucido might step down at Antioch. If so that would make three NCS D1 jobs open.

Unless he’s looking to take a teaching job at Heritage I can’t see Billeci wanting that coaching job. I suspect the parents in the Brentwood area may be less mamby pamby than those in the Tri Valley :rolleyes:

Reactions: Paloma
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT