ADVERTISEMENT

Campo hosts Riordan!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
23 minutes to game time, but not a lot needs to be said before this one…

These two have been on a collision course since Riordan found their stride midseason. Campo has been beastly all year.

Terrific matchup, bring it on!

IT’s gonna be a madhouse in here…. I noticed a man sitting near the entrance line with a sign that said “Need one ticket”.

Um…. Good luck with that….

Riordan fouled, 1 of 2…

3 Coug tries, no go…

Riordan drive to the hole, Radell foul. FT’s both good. 3-0.

Aidan 3, no good…. but Riordan’s 3 goes…. 6-0.

Aidan drives, scores…. 6-2.

O’Reilly HITS a 3! 6-5. 5:25…

4:48 lrft…. Bennett HITS a 3! Cougs 8-6.

Radell with an offensive board and score…. 10-6.

And he takes a charge on the other end!! 3:04 left.

Naffziger tries to take a charge on Wilhite…. a tiny bit too late. Wilhite had hit the layup, and hit the FT. 10-9 Cougs.

#31 of Riordan hits a long 3…. 12-10 Riordan. Yasukochi fouled, FT’s tie it at 12.

Aidan with a nifty move and score…. 14-12. 1:08 left.Aidan swats a baseline-play shot away…

Aidan with a FANTASTIC spin move to score…. 16-12. Knocks it loose on the other end, but Rioradn has it after a tie-up. 23 seconds.

Cougs break up a pass…. 1.6 seconds to try something…. Super-lond Aidan try just misses. 16-12 Cougs after 1.

Foul away from the ball on Riordan…

Aidan pulls another move outa his bag of tricks, fouled on the way up. FT’s good. 18-12.

Riordan #2 scores on a drive…. 18-14.

Coug back-door pass goes awry. Time out Riordan, 18-14, 6:18 left.

5-second call on the Riordan inbounds…

Aidan blowby’s a guy for 2…. 20-14.

Willhite fouled…. FT’s both missed…

Aidan with another blowby, he’s fouled on the way up…. FT’s split. 21-14.

#31 of Riordan scorea on a post move. Riordan with a stop, and ilhitw scores…. 21-18.

Radell scores…. then Aidan steals, fouled on the way up. FT’s good. 25-18. UNder 4 minutes..

O’Reilly rebounds a miss…. Aidan pass to Naffziger for a 3…. BAM! Time. Out. Riordan! 28-18, 3:15 left in the half.

Radell SWATS a try by #31…. um, Passanisi, I think.. held ball to Riordan, but they are unable to get off a shot before the shot clock expires…

long try by Wilhite, nope…. Cougs rebound. Bennett fouled… 2 shots. splits ‘em. 29-18. Foul on the other end, Radell’s 2nd. Misses front end…

Aidan drives, he’s fouled…. 2 shots.Both good. 31-18.

Yasukochi takes a charge on Wiilhite!

1:19 left in the half, Cougs ball…

Now 30 seconds…. Cougs wotk for 1 shot, get it to Naffziger for a buzzer-beater 3 try…. BAM!!!!!!! 34-18 Cougs at the half.

Reactions: concrete17
Cougs put together one heck of an effort…. It seemed like no matter what Riordan di where, there were always 2 Cougs in the way.

Wow 34-18 at the half. That is tough to come back from on a game of this caliber, on the road, and probably a pretty crazy crowd on a Saturday night.

Cougs ball to start the 3rd…

Wilhite gets off a 3…. good. 34-21.

Naffziger 3, no go…

Radell with his 3rd foul.

Wilhite gets off a shot, missed but an Aidan foul. FT’sgood. 34-23.

Bennett 3 rattles out…. But the Cougs get a stop on the other end, then Bennett takes to the hole and scores. 36-23, 5:00 left.

Riordan #2 scores.. 36-25.

Bennett with another drive, he’s fouled. FT’s good. 38-25.

Aidan gets his 3rd foul trying for a rebound. 3:42 left… BENNET STEAL!! Pass to Aidan for a score! 40-25.

Riordan airball…

Cougs now on the baseline with it…

Riordan steal, Wilhite score…. 40-27.

Coug score, missed who did it…. 42-27.

Wilhite fouled, FT’s split. 42-28.

Bennett drive and score…. 44-28. 1:12 left…

#0 of Riordan hits a 3. 44-31.

Aidan with a nifty change-of-pace drive and score…. and he’s fouled…. FT is good. 47-31. 22 sewconds left in the 3rd.

Wilhite 3 try, no go…. Robeson bomb at the buzzer, nope…. After 3, it’s 47-31 Cougs.

After two offensive boards, pass to Bennett corner 3 is good! 50-31. Riordan answers with 2…. 50-33.

Inside steal by Riordan…. Riordan fouled, at the line. FT’s good. 50-35, 6:30 left.

Pass to Radell for a score…. 52-35.

6:12 left.

Bennett guarding Wilhite… takes a charge!! Wilhite’s 4th…. 52-35 with 5:58 left.

Not warming up the bus yet, but the driver is fumbling for his keys…

iordan goes with a zone press and causes a turnover…

Cougs fan just got kicked out…. He was right in front of the ref, he musta said a naughty.

Riordan turns it right back over…

Bennnett with another drive for an easy score. 54-35. Time out Crusaders as they were just about to lose possession…. 5:04 left.

(btw that kid that got tossed celebrated on the way out.)

Riordan scores on a putback.. 54-37.

Pass underneath to Yasukochi, he’s hacked trying to go up. FT’s both good.. 56-37.

#2 for Riordan with a putback score…. 56-39.

Aidan with the blowby layuo…. 58-39.

Offensive foul on Riordan.

Congrats to Campolindo! Great team. Future is bright for the Crusaders as they return most of the team including King Wilhite. What a great show of support by the Riordan students and fans! Nice to see Bryce Monroe, Riiny Riiny, Chan Ngot and Mor Seck at the game.

Reactions: EthanRKassel
A few takeaways ...

Campolindo never looks the part to the naked eye, but they're as strong and physical as any team you'll find. Some of it's mental, some of it's work in the weight room.

Despite the loss, this year was a massive success for Riordan. The Crusaders have a scrappy, tough identity now. Replacing Edwards' physicality will be hard, but their future is incredibly bright!

Congrats to Campolindo! Great team. Future is bright for the Crusaders as they return most of the team including King Wilhite. What a great show of support by the Riordan students and fans! Nice to see Bryce Monroe, Riiny Riiny, Chan Ngot and Mor Seck at the game.
i didnt see him play the other day when they played portland.

Not the ending the Crusaders and its followers wanted, but a very good season going up against the best the region has to offer. Coach Curtin has methodically built a pretty solid resume with a 2018 CCS D3 title, a share of the WCAL title 2019 and COVID-abrupted NorCal run, 2020 WCAL North and CCS Runnerup and a 2021 2nd place WCAL finish, CCS Open title and NorCal Open Semi-finalist. Many wondered how this team would do this year after graduating Rob Vaihola and losing Mor Seck and Zion Sensley to Prolific Prep. Gotta give credit to Curtin and the entire staff he has built and taking a team with 4 new starters. Kids are buying in and you are seeing some pretty good results by the end of the season. A reflection of the culture he has built can be seen by the support of his former players who showed up last night and the amazing turnout of Riordan alumni, family and friends.
Good luck to Campo the rest of the way. @Kiddman, enjoy this special team!

Reactions: concrete17
I thought Cade Bennett was a difference maker for Campo last night (and all season). He did a great job defensively in providing help to double team Wilhite (defensive game plan that worked to perfection) and also playing tenacious D on whoever he was guarding at the time. He drove to the hole time and time again with impressive finishes and prevented Riordan from just keying on Aiden.

I hope he’s got some D2 programs looking at him, because he showed last night that he can play at a high level against high level opponents. He’s not Aiden, but he’s gotten better every year, and college coaches best not be sleeping on him. Clink?

I thought Cade Bennett was a difference maker for Campo last night (and all season). He did a great job defensively in providing help to double team Wilhite (defensive game plan that worked to perfection) and also playing tenacious D on whoever he was guarding at the time. He drove to the hole time and time again with impressive finishes and prevented Riordan from just keying on Aiden.

I hope he’s got some D2 programs looking at him, because he showed last night that he can play at a high level against high level opponents. He’s not Aiden, but he’s gotten better every year, and college coaches best not be sleeping on him. Clink?
Bennett is a really nice player but I think he’s more realistically a d3 type kid. Don’t get me wrong I love how much he has improved and he’s playing big minutes against a big time schedule and is a strong contributor.
Chico is able to get some real d1 tweeners now. That program has gone to another level. Could Bennett play at Dominican? Absolutely. Love kids like him and wish him the best. I’m sure he has lots of hoop left.

Not the ending the Crusaders and its followers wanted, but a very good season going up against the best the region has to offer. Coach Curtin has methodically built a pretty solid resume with a 2018 CCS D3 title, a share of the WCAL title 2019 and COVID-abrupted NorCal run, 2020 WCAL North and CCS Runnerup and a 2021 2nd place WCAL finish, CCS Open title and NorCal Open Semi-finalist. Many wondered how this team would do this year after graduating Rob Vaihola and losing Mor Seck and Zion Sensley to Prolific Prep. Gotta give credit to Curtin and the entire staff he has built and taking a team with 4 new starters. Kids are buying in and you are seeing some pretty good results by the end of the season. A reflection of the culture he has built can be seen by the support of his former players who showed up last night and the amazing turnout of Riordan alumni, family and friends.
Good luck to Campo the rest of the way. @Kiddman, enjoy this special team!
One must respect Curtin’s resume, it could even be said he has done more with less. I truly feel he is evolving by building support staff (I.e. Kareem Gailbeu(sp?) from SI and long term friend….CYO teammates

IMHO…Curtin will go down as best game time manager Coach in Riordan HS prep BB.

The future of Riordan BB program is in good hands and staff on boys and girls.

#CRUSADER4LIFE, WeRone, We R Riordan

One must respect Curtin’s resume, it could even be said he has done more with less. I truly feel he is evolving by building support staff (I.e. Kareem Gailbeu(sp?) from SI and long term friend….CYO teammates

IMHO…Curtin will go down as best game time manager Coach in Riordan HS prep BB.

The future of Riordan BB program is in good hands and staff on boys and girls.

#CRUSADER4LIFE, WeRone, We R Riordan
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT