ADVERTISEMENT

Cancellations this weekend?

SmoothJay

Sports Fanatic
Dec 9, 2013
Obviously in the areas directly affected by the fire, but air quality is unhealthy in the greater bay area right now and expected to get worse by the weekend

Air quality index over 200 in Walnut Creek today, the NCAA standard for cancelling a game is 200, so the Cal WSU game on Friday may be cancelled as well

Vacaville Unified School District has cancelled all their athletic activities due to very dangerous air conditions, clases have been canceled since this morning

Going to be really interesting to see how the sections handle this with the playoffs fast approaching. Antioch and Pittsburg districts canceled classes for tomorrow and there are two huge BVAL games this weekend. One is Antioch against Freedom which has big rankings ramifications. The Pitt against Deer Valley game is big because Pitt already had one game canceled because of weather so this would leave them with 8 eight games if they are canceled.

When would they possibly make these games up if canceled!

I thought there would be a lot more than that. I live in Hayward and work in Berkeley and honestly, it feels like I'm constantly in a room with a fireplace with poor ventilation. I know the frosh game was cancelled today (Foothill/DLS) and I have to think there will be more varsity cancellations in the next 24 hours.

Berkeley air is really bad. What is happening with the Cal/WSU game tomorrow?

AQI (air quality index) is an objective measurement. >200 the game would be cancelled. Thursday Berkeley was 155. 151-200 is “unhealthy.”
Cougs probably wondering about the fuss (not to downplay the losses, etc.) as they surely practiced in Aug when OR and WA wildfires were sig this summer. Driving 1315.3 to Pullman ahead of the eclipse it was smoky from Klamath Falls, through Tri-cities all the way up through the Palouse.

I thought there would be a lot more than that. I live in Hayward and work in Berkeley and honestly, it feels like I'm constantly in a room with a fireplace with poor ventilation. I know the frosh game was cancelled today (Foothill/DLS) and I have to think there will be more varsity cancellations in the next 24 hours.

Berkeley air is really bad. What is happening with the Cal/WSU game tomorrow?

CCS has postponed all games.

From WCAL website:

Football
All game scheduled have been postponed to November 10/11.

I'm hearing Cal High's Homecoming game against Dougherty Valley is a go. Anyone hear if Foothill/DLS is happening?

Sounds like most if not all EBAL games are being played tonight Air in San Ramon not too bad

CCS
CCS leagues which have rescheduled for the weekend of Nov 10-11:

SCVAL

BVAL

WCAL

PAL
prepprep2prep.com

In CCS
Salinas and San Benito - Hollister JV game is in progress. Looks like they are playing.

Not all CCS games are cancelled. The CCS post covers those that decide to cancel and cancelling would be due to specific air quality measurements. Certain leagues cancelled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT