ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Christian-Christian Brothers

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Intriguing game in Sacramento.

Capital has 2 straight losses against high level competition.

Christian Brothers is coming off a streak snapping win over Jesuit.

Something tells me Cap Christian will be ready after facing some really tough competition the past couple weeks. Or they’ll be really bruised and beaten up!

Should be a great game!

Something tells me Cap Christian will be ready after facing some really tough competition the past couple weeks. Or they’ll be really bruised and beaten up!

Should be a great game!

In terms of expectations, it’s a mixed bag:

Does Capital get immediate dividends from playing tough comp or are they beat up and stumble a little?

For CBS, a big rivalry win can propel a team to more success or there could be a natural let down.

For those who are waiting for the JV results, it is 49-0 Capital in the third quarter

Reactions: ThunderRam
Well I feel like a boob! I may just make if after all. Thx guys. Big crowd at OR vs Folsom. Lots of excitement. Lamson is a big kid when you see him down close.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
9 Capital penalties as we near the end of Q1. Four or Five of them are procedural.

CBS has a third down at Capital’s 9 yard line

Christian Brothers is on the board with a 26 yard FG. Capital leads 7-3 with 101 left Q1

Max Rodarte, who has played well on defense too, takes a short pass 76 yards for a touchdown. 14-3 lead for Capital Christian with 8:31 left in the half.

Junior Isaiah Bass and sophomore Zeke Burnett form a strong running duo for Capital. Cougars lead Christian Brothers 21-3 with 5:47 left Q2.

Bass gets a 68 yard punt return to make it 28-3 lead with 308 left in the half.

Big plays have been the difference for Capital

Reactions: coachlittle
More Capital penalties and an ejection for a late hit keeps the CBS drive alive. It ends with a 25 yard TD from Stewart to Mercer.

28-10 Capital near the half

Long delay here due to a medical issue with a player

Last edited:
Capital Christian leads Christian Brothers 49-17 with 4:18 left.

Cougars are young at some key spots but their speed/physicality have been too much for CBS

Reactions: ThunderRam
In terms of expectations, it’s a mixed bag:

Does Capital get immediate dividends from playing tough comp or are they beat up and stumble a little?

Looks like we got our answer!

Coach Taylor usually knows what he's doing.

More Capital penalties and an ejection for a late hit keeps the CBS drive alive. It ends with a 25 yard TD from Stewart to Mercer.

28-10 Capital near the half

Wouldn’t be surprised if the player that was ejected plays next week. Think the officials were a little over zealous with the ejection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT