ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Newman WR Jake Woods

northbayfb

Sports Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
6’-5” receiver was impressed with his official visit to West Point and has given his verbal commitment to Army.

Reactions: MC415
That young man can flat out play. Really great to hear this. I believe there is a kid from Montery Trail (QB) who is going to Army as well. I can't remember his name but kid is a flat out athlete.

That young man can flat out play. Really great to hear this. I believe there is a kid from Montery Trail (QB) who is going to Army as well. I can't remember his name but kid is a flat out athlete.
Zach Larrier I believe is headed to Air Force but if memory serves Marin Catholic’s Cole Truex is headed to West Point

Reactions: MC415
Really like Jake Woods. Very good size and a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Surprised more schools weren't on him, but it is Army's gain in the end

Really like Jake Woods. Very good size and a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Surprised more schools weren't on him, but it is Army's gain in the end

Newman guys tend to be under recruited if you look at history. If Wood, Leberthon, Dino, and Pavitt played in the SJS they would all have D1 offers.
Look at Brookshire. Took him winning a JC state title. He was a D1 QB coming out of newman. Pavitt will start to pile on some offers though after this summer. Just wait.

Not knocking the opportunity to go to West Point, but if you're a WR I don't think that's the Academy you want to go to to play football. The top WR had 7 catches last year.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Newman guys tend to be under recruited if you look at history. If Wood, Leberthon, Dino, and Pavitt played in the SJS they would all have D1 offers.
Look at Brookshire. Took him winning a JC state title. He was a D1 QB coming out of newman. Pavitt will start to pile on some offers though after this summer. Just wait.
Larrylegend33 i think that’s been true in the past but Newman has finally made its way in to D1 recruiting circles. The players have said this is the most activity they have seen Since they have been there. Kahaulelio is going to help somebody’s program. Not prototypical height at 6’ but the kid is a player. Would be a great get for Sac State, Eastern Washington, NAU.

Larrylegend33 i think that’s been true in the past but Newman has finally made its way in to D1 recruiting circles. The players have said this is the most activity they have seen Since they have been there. Kahaulelio is going to help somebody’s program. Not prototypical height at 6’ but the kid is a player. Would be a great get for Sac State, Eastern Washington, NAU.

Having kids like Aaron Rogers and Jared Goff playing at the highest level certainly helps the current kids' visibility in northern NorCal.

That is great to hear. I think Woods is so versatile he can switch to D in college so I don't think that will impact him. (going to a school that runs 90% of time) . Woods has size/frame to be a good safety in college.
Dino is an animal. No Idea why a sac state wouldn't offer him. But I think Pavitt has legit runway to be solid college QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT