ADVERTISEMENT

Carondelet 27 Pinewood 23 at Half

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
Pinewood was getting layups at will, but is only one for 10+ from behind the arc.

Carondelet doing a nice job punching it inside. Could do it more.

Pinewood was getting layups at will, but is only one for 10+ from behind the arc.

Carondelet doing a nice job punching it inside. Could do it more.

End 3 Carondelet 49 Pinewood 34.

Pinewood still can't hit a shot. And the 'lets are getting what they want inside and out.

Somehow, somewhere, someone on this topic cautioned that, if Pinewood shot really, really poorly from distance, they were quite vulnerable vs. a strong foe. And it may come to pass tonight. Not rocket science, of course, but worth a mention.

Final Carondelet 67 Pinewood 59.

Huge props to the Carondelet girls and their coaches. They were patient on offense, worked inside out and made Pinewood work every trip on D.

A little puzzled by Pinewood's approach. If they took the layups they were getting, rather than continuing to bomb away from outside, they might have won it.

Reactions: Paytc
Got a kick out of the Carondelet parent near the camera who kept yelling at the players to get the ball over the half court line. :)

Reactions: TheHillZ
Final Carondelet 67 Pinewood 59.

Huge props to the Carondelet girls and their coaches. They were patient on offense, worked inside out and made Pinewood work every trip on D.

A little puzzled by Pinewood's approach. If they took the layups they were getting, rather than continuing to bomb away from outside, they might have won it.
They had no answer down low tonight. The size was too overwhelming and when pinewood fully committed to the double team Erica miller made them pay with kill shot after kill shot from deep.
Carondelete is the real deal this year. They have a very balanced team with very few flaws. Got some good minutes from their 6,7,8 girls in their rotation too. It helped that pinewood missed nearly all of their uncontested 3 point looks. Pinewood had to earn every basket. I still think pinewood would be favored against C let in march on a neutral court but man it's a lot closer this year. Tons of credit to the new coach he is really doing well.

Last edited:
They had no answer down low tonight. The size was too overwhelming and when pinewood fully committed to the double team Erica miller made them pay with kill shot after kill shot from deep.
Carondelete is the real deal this year. They have a very balanced team with very few flaws. Got some good minutes from their 6,7,8 girls in their rotation too. It helped that pinewood missed nearly all of their uncontested 3 point looks. Pinewood had to earn every basket. I still think pinewood would be favored against C let in march on a neutral court but man it's a lot closer this year. Tons of credit to the new coach he is really doing well.

What an upgrade in management does is kind of evens the playing field. I watched when I was able to online. But the main thing I saw was "great" ball movement. What we've been missing probably as long as I have been watching Clet basketball. That great unselfish ball movement, added to the size, and depth, and fiery coaching staff gives Clet the type of "team" that could start pushing the goal post higher. They still need to continue to improve as a team to better their odds in the Open. But tonight proves they have improved from November to January. I Think they would give Mater Dei a better game now. But they can't get too full of themselves. SJND has be the next team to prepare for followed by Etiwanda who won't be as easy to matchup with as Pinewood was tonight. And a matchup with Mitty is just two days after Etiwanda. Congratulations to the Carondelet players and coaching staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketba11
Klara Astrom fouled out, but the game was almost out of reach at that point.

Pinewood shot 3 of 22 from 3-point range, and 19-37 from 2-point range.

Reactions: Paytc
Klara Astrom fouled out, but the game was almost out of reach at that point.

Pinewood shot 3 of 22 from 3-point range, and 19-37 from 2-point range.

Some of that we can contribute to an off shooting night. But there is also some credit that has to go out to the defensive scheming, and Clet's game preparation. Their game time adjustments are also to be considered. It's tough when a team has size, speed, good shooters, experience, good ball handlers, home court, hunger, depth, and good coaching to know how and when to use those many assets.

We have to credit Clet in this game. Pinewood will be back. And they will make adjustments should the two teams meet again in March. But I'm sure Clet will continue to improve which will make it harder. Congratulations to Carondelet .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT