ADVERTISEMENT

Chriss gets new life with Warriors

It upsets me nowadays that some of these kids get labelled busts at such a young age. Guys like Josh Jackson and Marquese Chriss have the ability. They just haven't been able to harness it at the NBA level yet.

So much of success at pro level is fit. Marquese goes from Phoenix (dysfunctional franchise) to Houston (no real chance at getting a run) and a short run with the Cavs. Now has a chance at meaningful minutes with one of the best franchises in the NBA.

Fit is important as well as timing. Chris's should have stayed in school for another year or two to develop more as a player and person...This was reiterated to me by his Collegiate Coach.

Anyway he didn't so I hope he uses this new found opportunity to make his mark on this team and the NBA. He is a good kid and a developing player who has a lot of potential that I hope can get realized.

Sometimes being humbled in life is a good thing his work ethic was called into question with previous teams and as stated before fit is extremely important as well hope it works out for the young man for what the warriors are paying him its not much of a risk on there part so its really up to him if he wants to make this a great opportunity.

So much of success at pro level is fit. Marquese goes from Phoenix (dysfunctional franchise) to Houston (no real chance at getting a run) and a short run with the Cavs. Now has a chance at meaningful minutes with one of the best franchises in the NBA.
best? who else is on that list?

It upsets me nowadays that some of these kids get labelled busts at such a young age. Guys like Josh Jackson and Marquese Chriss have the ability. They just haven't been able to harness it at the NBA level yet.
everyone in the nba has the ability... but having it and being able to channel it are 2 completely different things... high draft picks are supposed to be effective immediately.. this isnt high school basketball you dont get 4 years to get it right.

In terms of franchises and how they operate, I would include San Antonio, Toronto, Utah and Miami. Obviously not my field of expertise but pulling from comments of journalists who are well connected.
hold up.... so you missed the Lakers on this list?!??!

He is what I call an athlete first and basketball player 2nd. Same can be said for Jackson. The nba is getting back to being a more skilled league with influx of euros and international kids. Great you can dunk but can you play? And the warriors are bad.

Reactions: 5MatchUp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT