ADVERTISEMENT

CIF A-B-A rule

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
So Bryce James is transferring back to Sierra Canyon and when I read it I couldn’t believe it.

6 months ago he was at Campbell Hall

3 months ago he was Notre Dame (SO)

Now he’s allowed to play immediately due to the CIFs apparent A-B-A rule.

Just curious how the board feels about this, especially since guys like Jamari Phillips weren’t allowed to do the same.

Last edited:
This would be Bryce James.

And for me personally, the transfers are kind of a joke at this point with both the amount and how sections handle it differently. I'm in favor of guys becoming eligible to play after a 30 day sit when they transfer.

What was the story on Jamari? Was he looking to come back to Modesto Christian but was looking at eligibiility concerns?

Reactions: ayalar09

And for me personally, the transfers are kind of a joke at this point with both the amount and how sections handle it differently. I'm in favor of guys becoming eligible to play after a 30 day sit when they transfer.

What was the story on Jamari? Was he looking to come back to Modesto Christian but was looking at eligibiility concerns?

Corrected

Modesto guy would be the one to ask about that one.

From what I heard he got fed up at AZ compass, wanted to comeback to MC but was turned down by the CIF, so he instead went to Dream City Christian another prep school in AZ.

30 days is plenty. I think all kids should get one transfer no punishment. 2nd transfer sit out 30 days and if there is a 3rd transfer I’d say make it 45 days.

Can someone explain why 30 day SOP is Dec 24 for Southern section and Dec 30 for SJS

maybe cuz phillips went to a prep school?
bryce went back to the original school he was at to avoid having to sit.

This A-B-A rule, is that why Zion Sensley at Riordan is not sitting out? Riordan to Prolific to Riordan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT