ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Executive Director has an opinion on the Arms race

Psycho Sybil, ChrisRthescoreman, the Maxpreps scorekeeper for the blue field gang is off his meds again.
Jump on the bandwagon & name call. Very mature.
You’re wrong. Give me names or shut up.
Shut up? Are you 12? Not posting names. You know the starting CB, RB, QB, WR and multiple linemen were transfers from roseville, rocklin, granite bay. You say no to transfers, then you rationalize it being okay for DO. So what is it? Is the rule the rule?
thus, the rampant pandemic of transfers, recruiting, undue influence and disrespect of “Pursuing Victory with Honor,” the CIF moniker since 1999. What he should have focused on is the lack of INTEGRITY both transfer families possess and the schools that leverage the options of open boundaries/transfers.
Outstanding! Public schools are hiding behind every tool they have to accept transfers and keep the train rolling.

As I have heard...The DO QB was a WC kid who played a short time in RJT. Left RJT and went to WJT and on to WC HS for his Frosh season...Heard his family made a move to Loomis and DO for his soph. season. Something went badly wrong...influence, following someone IDK......The kid was suspended for his JV season....Not one game......moved on to Varsity and had a nice HS career.....

You know the starting CB, RB, QB, WR and multiple linemen were transfers from roseville, rocklin, granite bay.
Stop with the fake news! Both CB's live in Loomis. The RB played for DOJGE, left for GB for his Midget and Frosh years and then came back to DO. His dad also coaches for DO. QB and his family moved to Penryn 3 years ago (something a lot of families can only dream about). The WR's are all from Loomis except one (and he played all 4 years at DO because his dad is a DO grad), and all linemen (OL and DL) played their entire HS careers at DO. All of them except 1 lineman played for DOJGE. All are from Loomis except two linemen who live outside the boundaries, but the father of 1 of those 2 is a DO grad and a coach at DO.

It may come as a surprise to you that about 1/3 of DO's student body actually lives outside of the DO boundaries. Most that come from outside don't even participate in athletics. So don't automatically assume that a kid that grows up in Rocklin, Roseville, or GB and comes to DO is just coming because of athletics. It has some of the highest academic scores in Placer County. And it is a tighter knit community than you will find anywhere else around here.

I don't think so but some things need to be acknowledged when top 3 impact players are from well outside the area. It doesn't help when the lone class of 2020 player of the three publicly tweets that he wants to go home.
A fun fact: Del Oro and Oak Ridge both have more transfers than Folsom does.

You can't then say "well you're transfers are more impactful!" That doesn't fly. As long as everyone is playing by the rules, it is "game on," as they say. Now, if we can only get privates to adhere to the same rules, then we will all be talking :)

Also- the players you mention are no transfers. They have attended the school since freshman and live in Folsom. Another misconception.

Reactions: Kickingtee18
It may come as a surprise to you that about 1/3 of DO's student body actually lives outside of the DO boundaries.
I agree, as this is public information. I also agree with your point that not all these students are there for athletics.

However, if you are going to publicly call out other schools for "athletic transfers," you must acknowledge that your own school, along with a few other SFL schools actually have MORE athletic transfers than Folsom does. Actually, far more.

Is this correct? Again, I don't need a tirade or paragraph explaining, as we are both well versed in this. I just need a yes or no on if this is correct.

Stop with the fake news! Both CB's live in Loomis. The RB played for DOJGE, left for GB for his Midget and Frosh years and then came back to DO. His dad also coaches for DO. QB and his family moved to Penryn 3 years ago (something a lot of families can only dream about). The WR's are all from Loomis except one (and he played all 4 years at DO because his dad is a DO grad), and all linemen (OL and DL) played their entire HS careers at DO. All of them except 1 lineman played for DOJGE. All are from Loomis except two linemen who live outside the boundaries, but the father of 1 of those 2 is a DO grad and a coach at DO.

It may come as a surprise to you that about 1/3 of DO's student body actually lives outside of the DO boundaries. Most that come from outside don't even participate in athletics. So don't automatically assume that a kid that grows up in Rocklin, Roseville, or GB and comes to DO is just coming because of athletics. It has some of the highest academic scores in Placer County. And it is a tighter knit community than you will find anywhere else around here.
Why was the the QB suspended by the CIF for his entire soph. season???? If the move was bonafide then why the suspension?

Exactly. "Oh, but their dad played there. They played in the midget program. They moved after they transferred." Rationalizations. Play by the rules or quit preaching.
Exactly my point. Everyone is fine with transfers or kids coming on board to the school they want/like/are a fan of/etc.... Until the rival school or school you don't like gets kids in the same way, possibly a notch above the kids you just got.

Everyone is always worried about what everyone else is doing instead of improving their own program.

Some of the posters here reppin the 80 corridor schools have more transfers than everyone else, then cry about other schools who have kids who aren't even considered transfers, simply because they weren't born in the exact town the school is in. Everyone has one standard for themselves and a different standard for others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT