ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Open Predictions

If St Joeseph wins cental coast section I don't see how they wouldn't be no worse than #2 seed. But seems like school has bigger issues.

If St Joeseph wins cental coast section I don't see how they wouldn't be no worse than #2 seed. But seems like school has bigger issues.
LL33 - think you had a typo - St. Joseph-Sta Maria is in the Central Section. Riordan and Mitty are in the Central Coast Section (CCS). Wow, let's see if this news affects any basketball players.

Reactions: larry legend33
As of today this is where I have it

1 Salesian
2 Riordan
3 Branson
4 Central section “north, west, st jo”
5 DLS
6 SJS winner

* SRV with loss to Salesian #1 seed div 1
* runner up central section is next
Not a bad 6, but I would put SRV over DLS. They both have same overall record, but SRV won EBAL and have stronger strength of schedule.

Reactions: cityfan
Not a bad 6, but I would put SRV over DLS. They both have same overall record, but SRV won EBAL and have stronger strength of schedule.
Those 2 are very close. The NCS committee obviously favored DLS over SRV, and somehow also over Branson, in setting up the NCS Open brackets. Wednesday’s Open semis should clear things up some, as the 2 winners will be locks for the NorCal Open.

DLS has a much easier task than SRV with a home game, but Branson is no picnic no matter where it is played. SRV having go to Richmond to face Salesian is just brutal after the impressive run they had during last week’s EBAL playoffs.

Those 2 are very close. The NCS committee obviously favored DLS over SRV, and somehow also over Branson, in setting up the NCS Open brackets. Wednesday’s Open semis should clear things up some, as the 2 winners will be locks for the NorCal Open.

DLS has a much easier task than SRV with a home game, but Branson is no picnic no matter where it is played. SRV having go to Richmond to face Salesian is just brutal after the impressive run they had during last week’s EBAL playoffs.
Salesian-SRV will be on a neutral court, Contra Costa College in San Pablo, though Salesian has played there a few times this year

As of today this is where I have it

1 Salesian
2 Riordan
3 Branson
4 Central section “north, west, st jo”
5 DLS
6 SJS winner

* SRV with loss to Salesian #1 seed div 1
* runner up central section is next
Didn't Branson lose to St. Joe's this year? Dont see how they get seeded higher

Wow, that accusation, if proven to be true, could REALLY mess up that school.

Of course, it'll be in the courts for a good while, won't cause any issues with this year's playoffs until the verdict.

I'm no law expert, but I'll play one in NorCalPreps...

If these allegations are found to be true and the persons involved are found guilty, any league, section, state titles the Knights have won during this time would probably be vacated... And said verdict could even cause future accreditation issues for the school.

Would be quite a mess...

Salesian-SRV will be on a neutral court, Contra Costa College in San Pablo, though Salesian has played there a few times this year
haha, You could walk from Salesian to CC in about 20 min. Thats like saying the niners didn't have home field when stanford hosted the Super Bowl in 1985. :) Salesian is tough regardless and I have them winning open.

Reactions: observer22
This would be my open and I would actually do 8 teams this year, no byes.

1) Salesian vs. 8) Mitty
2) Riordan vs. 7) SRV
3) St Joseph’s vs. 6) University
4) DLS vs. 5) Modesto Christian

I am agreeing with you except, @TheR is playing better than the uh were during MLK match up

I might be wrong but I'm not so sure MC is coming out of SJS D1 as the Champ. They are going to have fands full with Inderkum in Semi's who is playing fantastic right now. Whoever it is in SJS I would give them the worse seed this year.

Reactions: ayalar09

1) Salesian vs. 8) Mitty
2) Riordan vs. 7) SRV
With so cal sporting so many strong teams suggesting we give these 7 and 8 seeds to div 1 . Still will not get it done in open or div 1. Possibly we win div 2 or 3 . Need some kind of help cause it’s stacked against nor cal .

I might be wrong but I'm not so sure MC is coming out of SJS D1 as the Champ. They are going to have fands full with Inderkum in Semi's who is playing fantastic right now. Whoever it is in SJS I would give them the worse seed this year.
I’ll need to put Branson in there over Mitty or University, or not have a SJS team in Open this year cause they are having a down year. Don’t think any of their teams would beat top 7 Bay Area teams, plus the Central teams.

Reactions: Smallveteran
With so cal sporting so many strong teams suggesting we give these 7 and 8 seeds to div 1 . Still will not get it done in open or div 1. Possibly we win div 2 or 3 . Need some kind of help cause it’s stacked against nor cal .
I wouldn't be surprised if we win D1 at State. Just depends on "who" gets seeded like you said.
If we stack D1 and keep OPEN light I think we will do fine. Also, how big is the gap between the best in Norcal and SOCAL? Roosevelt is 30-2 and has wins over Bosco, Mater Dei , Centennial, JSerra, etc. They only beat St Joeseph by 2 and branson by 4. I don't think we are going to get our clocks cleaned even if its HW.

1) Salesian vs. 8) Mitty
2) Riordan vs. 7) SRV
University? They aren't even in NCS Open, much less Norcal Open. How would you put them ahead of Branson, or Clovis w. Or n.

University? They aren't even in NCS Open, much less Norcal Open. How would you put them ahead of Branson, or Clovis w. Or n.

Missing Branson was a huge brain fart on my end

So SRV is out assuming they lose to Branson.

1) Salesian vs. 8) SJS Champion
2) Riordan vs. 7) University
3) Branson vs. 6) Mitty
4) St Joseph’s vs. 5) DLS

Im assuming Clovis W and N will both lose to St Joseph’s, otherwise they could take their spot.

Reason I put University in is because they are clobbering their opponents in D3. If they continue on this pace I think similar to SJND 16/17 team that went 30-2…..I think they get in. That team was a D4, so not out of the question Uni could move up to Open for CIF.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win D1 at State. Just depends on "who" gets seeded like you said.
If we stack D1 and keep OPEN light I think we will do fine. Also, how big is the gap between the best in Norcal and SOCAL? Roosevelt is 30-2 and has wins over Bosco, Mater Dei , Centennial, JSerra, etc. They only beat St Joeseph by 2 and branson by 4. I don't think we are going to get our clocks cleaned even if its HW.

Harvard-Westlake has gone toe to toe with Prolific Prep……I think saying our open teams could compete with them is being way too optimistic. That team can legit beat almost anyone in the country not named Montverde

28-3 Winward vs 28-3 Notre Dame for southern section D1. Winward has wins over Branson, Clovis Notth and close loss to Salesian.
Notre Dame has wins over De la Salle and Harvard Westlake. add the fallouts of Southern Open and San diego and socal D1 is a gauntlet.
San Diego loser of Carlsbad and St Augustine likely D1.
Carlsbad has wins vs mitty and O’Dowd
and St Aug beat Mitty and Branson. .
It will be a very lucky situation to see the north Winning Open or D1 .

Missing Branson was a huge brain fart on my end

So SRV is out assuming they lose to Branson.

1) Salesian vs. 8) SJS Champion
2) Riordan vs. 7) University
3) Branson vs. 6) Mitty
4) St Joseph’s vs. 5) DLS
Except SRV doesn’t play Branson until the finals. So if they do play, that means SRV would have beaten Salesian, in which case they’d be a lock for the Open.

28-3 Winward vs 28-3 Notre Dame for southern section D1. Winward has wins over Branson, Clovis Notth and close loss to Salesian.
Notre Dame has wins over De la Salle and Harvard Westlake. add the fallouts of Southern Open and San diego and socal D1 is a gauntlet.
San Diego loser of Carlsbad and St Augustine likely D1.
Carlsbad has wins vs mitty and O’Dowd
and St Aug beat Mitty and Branson. .
It will be a very lucky situation to see the north Winning Open or D1 .
All the NorCal team's losses to the SoCal top teams have been close. There is no dominant program as seen in the Prep Academy circuit. Riordan lost to #2 Roosevelt by 5 after a blistering 1st quarter by the Mustangs. Riordan was without 5 starters/rotation players in that November loss. Branson only lost by 4 to Roosevelt. DLS, Salesian and Riordan beat Centennial-Corona by double digits who beat Roosevelt in league play. Bishop Gorman beat Notre Dame-SO and Riordan beat Gorman at Crypto at the Coastal Catholic Classic. Will be interesting which NorCal team will fall into D1 for NorCals.

Reactions: Smallveteran
So our NCS open championship will be De La Salle versus Salesian…both these teams have stamped their open tickets regardless of outcome

Branson will play SRV in the third place game. If Branson can win that game I believe they will be in the Open

CCS Open Championship will be Riordan vs. Mitty….similar to NCS, I think both these teams punched their ticket tonight

That’s 5. Last year they only kept 5….but I think this year they will expand to 8….because there are 8 worthy teams. So that’s 3 more spots.

The Central Championship will be St Josephs vs.
Clovis North….will most likely be St. Joes with Clovis North going D1, but if Clovis North pulls the upset they may take that last 8 seed.

Two more spots….SJS D1 Champ Modesto Christian gets a spot after winning tonight.

One spot left……If Montgomery wins D2 could be them, but they lost to Miramonte a team University just beat by 27 tonight. The Piedmont team they are playing for the Championship they beat by 30+ earlier this year. I hate this as a Hall fan, but if University doesn’t get a shot at the open after this season, which includes a win over Riordan, something Clovis North couldn’t do, then they never will. My final spot goes to University.

1) Salesian vs. 8) University
2) Riordan vs. 7) Modesto Christian
3) St Josephs vs. 6) Branson
4) DLS vs. 5) Mitty

This is how I have it as of now.

So our NCS open championship will be De La Salle versus Salesian…both these teams have stamped their open tickets regardless of outcome

Branson will play SRV in the third place game. If Branson can win that game I believe they will be in the Open

CCS Open Championship will be Riordan vs. Mitty….similar to NCS, I think both these teams punched their ticket tonight

That’s 5. Last year they only kept 5….but I think this year they will expand to 8….because there are 8 worthy teams. So that’s 3 more spots.

Clovis North….will most likely be St. Joes with Clovis North going D1, but if Clovis North pulls the upset they may take that last 8 seed.

Two more spots….SJS D1 Champ Modesto Christian gets a spot after winning tonight.

One spot left……If Montgomery wins D2 could be them, but they lost to Miramonte a team University just beat by 27 tonight. The Piedmont team they are playing for the Championship they beat by 30+ earlier this year. I hate this as a Hall fan, but if University doesn’t get a shot at the open after this season, which includes a win over Riordan, something Clovis North couldn’t do, then they never will. My final spot goes to University.

4) DLS vs. 5) Mitty

what is the benefit of going to the open? they have zero chance against any of those open teams up north.

I’d go with just 6:

NCS: Open Finalists Salesian & DLS
CCS: Open Finalists Riordan & Mitty
SJS: D1 Champ MC
Central: D1 Champ (likely St. Joe’s)
I'm with you - six team maximum. Mitty has slipped a bit and I think that Branson would beat them 7-8 times out 10 but won't put three teams in from NCS. Branson might get the #1 seed in D1.

4) DLS vs. 5) Mitty

Would you still have dela at 4 if they
Happen to beat salesian?

Having eight teams dilutes the D1 field. Depending on the results of the Central, CCS and BCS finals a four or five team field seems best.

There is no need to take three teams from NCS.

A strong D1 field would be better in my opinion and would also strengthen divisions 2-5.

Reactions: nobody209
Happen to beat salesian?
It will go in order of rankings from both maxpreps and calhisports. if DLS wins over Salesian then St. Joesphs if they win would be higher ranked and the number one seed if Salesian loses.

Branson will 100 percent be in the Open. North Coast Section fans wanted four all year long with the Strength of the EBAL. i even think they place San Ramon valley in the Open for that 7th or 8th seed.

Reactions: ayalar09
If u want to see how many the North will take in the State Open just look at the South Open. They will take the same amount...even it out. I'm not familiar with the Southern Calif boys so I don't know if that helps the North out or not...meaning maybe a team or 2 in the North that shouldn't be Open gets put there to balance out the brackets or potentially the opposite where a team DOESNT go (that maybe should) to balance the brackets.

Happen to beat salesian?

DLS won’t beat Salesian……but if they do I would move Riordan up to 1 and St Josephs up to 2 assuming they beat Clovis. Salesian would then be 3.

If u want to see how many the North will take in the State Open just look at the South Open. They will take the same amount...even it out. I'm not familiar with the Southern Calif boys so I don't know if that helps the North out or not...meaning maybe a team or 2 in the North that shouldn't be Open gets put there to balance out the brackets or potentially the opposite where a team DOESNT go (that maybe should) to balance the brackets.
they don’t always have the same number in the north and the south. I’ve detailed out in a thread before . there will be four or five teams in the south D1 that are good enough to win the Norcal open.

DLS won’t beat Salesian……but if they do I would move Riordan up to 1 and St Josephs up to 2 assuming they beat Clovis. Salesian would then be 3.
I believe Salesian has one thing they need to do to run it out. They have to do a better job at defensive rebounding. There was a good 5-6 sequences of offensive rebounds. If a team crashes the boards against them it will help. I know teams are worried about them grabbing and running, but they have to get the ball first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT