ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2018 National Rankings

TwitterLegend

Sports Fanatic
Apr 17, 2015
Saw a couple post-summer 2018 lists come out today. Pretty good representation from Norcal. After a down class in 2017, things picking back up for the region in 2018 on a national level.

Rivals 150:
4. Jordan Brown, Woodcreek
121. Elijah Hardy, Bishop O'Dowd
137. Jack Wilson, Serra

Scout 100:
6. Jordan Brown, Woodcreek
88. James Akinjo, Salesian
89. Elijah Hardy, Bishop O'Dowd
91. Jack Wilson, Serra
94. Andre Kelly, Lincoln (Stockton)

ESPN 60:
5. Jordan Brown, Woodcreek

I could see a few other guys cracking these type of national lists by next year: Mason Forbes, Zach Chapell, Naseem Gaskin, Logan Johnson come to mind...

2018 is going to be a really good class for NorCal. Has star power at the top and really good depth developing.

Great job Nor Cal 2018.. Its gets tougher next year. ESPN only does a Top 100 for Seniors.

I do not check the rankings, but reading above, I assume that means Nathan Mensah and Amadou Sow were not included in the rankings. But I just checked and noticed that Nathan was only ranked #117.

Nathan Mensah has offers from Oregon, Gonzaga, San Diego State (and others). He was recently voted #22 ranked player at a loaded Pangos All-American Camp. He played in the EYBL and was in the top 10 for the most efficient players in the entire EYBL as a 2018. Nathan was hurt all last season, but has PRO Potential written all over him. Stay tuned to how big he blows up this year on the National Prep Circuit. Nathan is 6-10", broad shoulders, runs the floor like a deer, and moves laterally better then most guards. His potential is LIMITLESS.

Amadou Sow led the EYBL in rebounds per minute as a 2018. Extremely tough player that will end up with just about every PAC-10 offer within one year.

Great motivation both guys can use going into the season. But then again, these same rankings didn't rank Abu Kigab (2017), whom has offers from Villanova, Kansas, Virginia (teams that just know how to win). Abu showed his major improvement with his 5 triples in the first half vs TEAM USA in the U18 Gold Medal game.

Last edited:
I do not check the rankings, but reading above, I assume that means Nathan Mensah and Amadou Sow were not included in the rankings. But I just checked and noticed that Nathan was only ranked #117.

Nathan Mensah has offers from Oregon, Gonzaga, San Diego State (and others). He was recently voted #22 ranked player at a loaded Pangos All-American Camp. He played in the EYBL and was in the top 10 for the most efficient players in the entire EYBL as a 2018. Nathan was hurt all last season, but has PRO Potential written all over him. Stay tuned to how big he blows up this year on the National Prep Circuit. Nathan is 6-10", broad shoulders, runs the floor like a deer, and moves laterally better then most guards. His potential is LIMITLESS.

Amadou Sow led the EYBL in rebounds per minute as a 2018. Extremely tough player that will end up with just about every PAC-10 offer within one year.

Great motivation both guys can use going into the season. But then again, these same rankings didn't rank Abu Kigab (2017), whom has offers from Villanova, Kansas, Virginia (teams that just know how to win). Abu showed his major improvement with his 5 triples in the first half vs TEAM USA in the U18 Gold Medal game.
Abu Kigab is 117 for rivals 2017

The ceilngs for the Prolific Prep kids and Jordan Brown is limitless!!!

Elias King '18 unofficial visit to USC with interest from several Pac 12, WCC, Big West and Mountain West schools...stock is rising fast

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT