Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Game Results:

Atlanta Celtics (68-79)
Compton Magic Elite (57-78)
Marcus Smart (85-90)
New World (62-60)

Jordan Brown (2018, Woodcreek): 17 points, 7 rebounds per game. Averaged 11 free throw attempts per game. Went for 29 points and 11 rebounds in the win.

Naseem Gaskin (2018, Bishop O'Dowd): Averaged 11 points and more than two steals a game. Scored 14 against Compton Magic and went 20-for-33 from the line.

Andre Kelly (2018, Lincoln): Averaged 9 points, 6 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Shot 60 percent overall and went for 17 and 12 against Compton Magic.

Arsenal is a SHOOTER away from being 4-0. Just need 1 guy that can consistently spot up and knock down or be a threat to knock it down. They were in every game and could have won the 3 they lost. They play disciplined and the coaching has their spacing looking great feeding the ball to the big guys. Don't be shocked if they go 4-0 on the next stop.

Shooter = Jack Kath. I agree on the discipline and spacing. 4-0 a real possibility.

I thought Naseem Gaskin looked great this weekend in the highlights and games I watched.

@NSBasketball Jack Kath and Brandon Beckman are shooters come on man. And I don't think 1 shooter would've made up for a 20 point loss against Compton Magic. And Atl Celtics seems to be in control the whole game. Team Lillard beat the Celtics!!!

Jordan Brown struggled first few games. But had a monster game to help Arsenal get their first win.

Shooter = Jack Kath. I agree on the discipline and spacing. 4-0 a real possibility.

I thought Naseem Gaskin looked great this weekend in the highlights and games I watched.
Being a shooter on your HS team is different from being a battle tested shooter on the circuit.. Arsenal needs a shooter!!!

@NSBasketball Jack Kath and Brandon Beckman are shooters come on man. And I don't think 1 shooter would've made up for a 20 point loss against Compton Magic. And Atl Celtics seems to be in control the whole game. Team Lillard beat the Celtics!!!
Post some big or playoff game winning shots either guy has had.......

@NSBasketball so now you have to make game winners to be considered a shooter?? Maybe you meant another clutch player that can go get a bucket when Jordan Brown, Elijah Hardy, Naseem and Kelley is struggling.

My take is totally different then you guys how about the other side of this
and I do realize that I am talking about AAU basketball but how about having
some interest on the defensive side of the ball instead of guys driving it
all the way from the top of the circle to the basket with NO RESISTANCE
a little defense might help turn things around and with all the college's that
I am sure who have eyes on that assortment of talent it needs to be
addressed.

Reactions: nostancenochance
My take is totally different then you guys how about the other side of this
and I do realize that I am talking about AAU basketball but how about having
some interest on the defensive side of the ball instead of guys driving it
all the way from the top of the circle to the basket with NO RESISTANCE
a little defense might help turn things around and with all the college's that
I am sure who have eyes on that assortment of talent it needs to be
addressed.

I'm not sure if you watched any of their games but at the adidas Gauntlet, there's a whole lot of defense being played in front of these coaches. Kids are taking pride in shutting down players, especially if they're high in the rankings.

Best of luck to them the rest of the spring and summer circuit.

Last edited:
anyone see the box score of Arsenal 1st game in Atlanta...looks like new addition (Austin Alexander - Capital Christian), while the shooter Beckman didn't make the trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT