ADVERTISEMENT

CLAYTON VALLEY FNALLY TAKES TO THE AIR

After years of ground grinding offense, the Eagles have gone to the air, adding a new page to their offense...Now with their nasty ground attack, they go to the air and they now have a balanced attack.
Good for them! Cool to see them doing well for NorCal. Go Ugly Eagles!

A quick look at the stat kind of says different. They have 36 pass attempts over 3 games. 31 of those came in last two games against teams they could beat if they were forced to run backwards. I would venture to say they will be anything but balanced come playoff time.

Reactions: concrete17
After years of ground grinding offense, the Eagles have gone to the air, adding a new page to their offense...Now with their nasty ground attack, they go to the air and they now have a balanced attack.
Wish my Vacaville Bulldogs wud do the same. Congratulations to the Ugly Eagles.

Last edited:
Really happy for the Ugly Eagles! They were counted out this year and seen as a whipping boy to Pitt, week 0. They proved us all wrong. I give them all the credit! Great program! Coach Murphy has them clicking!

A quick look at the stat kind of says different. They have 36 pass attempts over 3 games. 31 of those came in last two games against teams they could beat if they were forced to run backwards. I would venture to say they will be anything but balanced come playoff time.
Clayton Valley needs to get their air ground game in balance, its early yet and when you have been running for s long as the Eagles have, changes come slow..

Clayton Valley needs to get their air ground game in balance, its early yet and when you have been running for s long as the Eagles have, changes come slow..

They are on pace for what or who they have been for years. Their history shows they average about 10 attempts per game over course of season. Most of these attempts come against easier teams once a lead is established. This is and continues to be the formula.

They are on pace for what or who they have been for years. Their history shows they average about 10 attempts per game over course of season. Most of these attempts come against easier teams once a lead is established. This is and continues to be the formula.
Since they acquired a QB that can pass, you would have thought that they would open up the pass game and set up the runs or vise versa.....CVC takes on Antioch Friday night and the Panthers won't be able to stop them...

Clayton Valley is absolutely violent on defense, they have a legitimate shot at a regional game and further.
1. DLS
2. Liberty/CV
3. Pitt/Liberty/CV
4. Pitt/Liberty/CV

If CV advances and when they get destroyed against DLS for the 10000th time, they probably play Folsom. Folsom isn’t one of those teams that make you think CV has a “absolutely violent defense”. Shutting out Concord and Stellar Prep (never even heard of that school) does not equate angood Defense.

It’s ironic how running teams find a great decision maker with the passing game almost by accident. One guy who always impressed me with open mindedness regarding his skill guys, was now retired Foothill’s Sweeney. Seems like he always knew the smarts or athleticism of those way before first game so he could tweak the playbook.

Reactions: observer22
Since they acquired a QB that can pass, you would have thought that they would open up the pass game and set up the runs or vise versa.....CVC takes on Antioch Friday night and the Panthers won't be able to stop them...

Not sure who "new" QB is or if he can pass. I would assume if he was a legit talent he wouldn't be at CVC. He wouldn't be able to showcase his arm/talent. Having 36 attempts over three games are not the type of numbers a QB if he is a talented thrower would want or expect. That's about what talented QBs expect in one game not three.

In terms of who they are this year as a team? Who really knows the haven't played anybody except Pitt. Pitt clearly isn't who everybody thought they were and it took double OT to get the win. Looking at the schedule we might not find out who they are until playoffs its a pretty weak schedule.

Not sure who "new" QB is or if he can pass. I would assume if he was a legit talent he wouldn't be at CVC. He wouldn't be able to showcase his arm/talent. Having 36 attempts over three games are not the type of numbers a QB if he is a talented thrower would want or expect. That's about what talented QBs expect in one game not three.

In terms of who they are this year as a team? Who really knows the haven't played anybody except Pitt. Pitt clearly isn't who everybody thought they were and it took double OT to get the win. Looking at the schedule we might not find out who they are until playoffs its a pretty weak schedule.

-Logan Sumter
-QB transfer from Monte Vista after playing Varsity his Sophomore year
-played with an elite 7v7 squad during the off season and showed good potential. Led KTprep to a top 10 national ranking among 7v7 squads. (I know it's not real football. Just ask every top QB in the country who plays 7v7 in the off season)
-has decent size and could be a prototype if given the opportunity

-Logan Sumter
-played with an elite 7v7 squad during the off season and showed good potential. Led KTprep to a top 10 national ranking among 7v7 squads. (I know it's not real football. Just ask every top QB in the country who plays 7v7 in the off season)

15 passes attempted that year... not really considered playing. Either way, Murphy can’t teach a passing part of a playbook as proven by the last 5 years.
His gimmick offense will work until NCS Open where they’ll be throttled by DLS, or lose against Pitt or Liberty.

-Logan Sumter

Again not a big fan of name dropping kids names on here. I can look at the kids name and stat line. By stating I don't know him I mean I haven't watched him play. And 7v7 means absolutely nothing to me, it's like homerun derby, or three point contests. But I stand by my statement that a QB with potential would be crazy to play in a system that doesn't showcase his talents. CVC certainly won't do that. He probably would have been better suited staying at MV if playing QB is something he desires. Last MV game I watched they threw the ball more and a much better education. Just my opinion of course. (On football not education)

I should also note I think there is nothing wrong with CVC from a offensive standpoint. It's a system that is suited well for HS football and success with its high rate of player turnover. (Just like DLS)

Last edited:
Coach Murphy is not a good person. I wouldn’t want him to have anything to do with my kid. He has zero morals and is just not a good person. I don’t know if it’s all the roids or if he was born that way. I’ve seen him challenge one of the parents on his team to a fight. Told the parent to meet him down at the UFC gym to fight. He’s been fired from every other coaching job he’s had. As for his team passing it won’t happen when he plays a good team. He just doesn’t know how.
Let's keep the bashing of kids or coaches off this forum. No need for it. Regardless of how you personally feel about a coach, most are donating their time or working for practically nothing for the betterment of the kids. You may not agree with how they coach, but you should respect them enough to not anonymously bash them on an open forum.

CVC has performed well under Coach Murphy and is doing a damn good job this year. Let's give him and his kids some props. Leave the other stuff at home.

Let's keep the bashing of kids or coaches off this forum. No need for it. Regardless of how you personally feel about a coach, most are donating their time or working for practically nothing for the betterment of the kids. You may not agree with how they coach, but you should respect them enough to not anonymously bash them on an open forum.

CVC has performed well under Coach Murphy and is doing a damn good job this year. Let's give him and his kids some props. Leave the other stuff at home.
If you are in charge of this forum then i will no longer be a part of it. YOUR NOT! Yet you feel like you have to respond to every post like you know what your talking about. You have already proven you know nothing about not just HSFB but football in general. Practice what you preach and hit the ignore button.

If you are in charge of this forum then i will no longer be a part of it. YOUR NOT! Yet you feel like you have to respond to every post like you know what your talking about. You have already proven you know nothing about not just HSFB but football in general. Practice what you preach and hit the ignore button.

That's the hall monitor. If streak made him a sash, I'd bet the farm he would actually wear it while posting.

No need to be angry.

I am simply reminding you of the rules of the forum. If someone was anonymously bashing Coach Alumbaugh of DLS, you would be going nuts. Just no need for that. This is HSFB. Not all that serious. Banter is fun, but no need for bashing coaches or kids. I think we would both agree.

Lets get back to football.

No need to be angry.

I am simply reminding you of the rules of the forum. If someone was anonymously bashing Coach Alumbaugh of DLS, you would be going nuts. Just no need for that. Banter is fun, but no need for bashing coaches or kids. I think we would both agree.

Lets get back to football.
Not true at all. Again I’m not mad at all. I have yet to bash a kid. And it’s NOT your job to remind me of rules. ANY decent person would not defend such a man. He is in no way a roll model.

Reactions: What in the
ANY decent person would not defend such a man. He is in no way a roll model.
Like I said- I get it. But you wouldn't take too kindly with any talk about your coach on here, and neither would I. So let's leave it at that.

Coach Murphy is not a good person. I wouldn’t want him to have anything to do with my kid. He has zero morals and is just not a good person. I don’t know if it’s all the roids or if he was born that way. I’ve seen him challenge one of the parents on his team to a fight. Told the parent to meet him down at the UFC gym to fight. He’s been fired from every other coaching job he’s had. As for his team passing it won’t happen when he plays a good team. He just doesn’t know how.

Tell us how you really feel.

Ok- back to football.

Let's all agree CVC is doing well and that is great for NorCal!
Go Ugly Eagles!

Trolling isn't allowed on the board either yet a certain Folsom poster trolls every thread on the board and turns the topic to Folsom. I personally feel folks should be able to post whatever they like, I'm not a big fan of censorship in any form. We all have 1st Amendment rights. If people are offended by posts or posters don't read/respond to said poster or topic. Pretty simple really.

Opps double post. Oh well. Ok- back to football.

CVC is doing well and that is great for NorCal!

Go Ugly Eagles!

The next thing you know we will be hearing about various coaches' marriage infidelity and drinking issues. I don't think we want to go there and open that Pandora's box.
Or juvie proceedings. Not an overall representation best describes.

The next thing you know we will be hearing about various coaches' marriage infidelity and drinking issues. I don't think we want to go there and open that Pandora's box.
I never said anything about his personal life. I really don’t care if he smacks his wife around. I’m talking about the things he does as a coach. It’s hard to hear people praise such a person. As far as the kids go I thick it’s great that cvc is doing so well.

Reactions: rocknrolus 12
I never said anything about his personal life. I really don’t care if he smacks his wife around. I’m talking about the things he does as a coach. It’s hard to hear people praise such a person. As far as the kids go I thick it’s great that cvc is doing so well.
I'm getting a little old so memory isn't what it used to be. This being said didn't CVC get into a a scuffle before the game even started a few years back?

Pitt will be just fine. They will show who they really are as the season progresses. Would love to see a Pitt /Clayton rematch in the NCS Playoffs.Way too early to pass judgment on them

I'm getting a little old so memory isn't what it used to be. This being said didn't CVC get into a a scuffle before the game even started a few years back?

I think there were some words with some of the DLS coaching staff a few years ago during a game. I think it had to do with allegations of a late and/or dirty hit. As NV has stated he is tight with some of the coaches, it is easy to see where the hatred is coming from.

Pitt will be just fine. They will show who they really are as the season progresses. Would love to see a Pitt /Clayton rematch in the NCS Playoffs.Way too early to pass judgment on them
Completely agree, it would be a great rematch and would come down to the turnover battle again.

I personally hate trash talking about any person whether it be a Coach, Player, or admin on a forum board. I also strongly believe if you are going to call somebody out, you should remove your anonymity, so you can equally open yourself up to criticism.

I love the talk about match-ups, rankings, players to watch, but cannot stand the people bashing. My two cents and I know it does not add up to much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT