ADVERTISEMENT

Clovis West improves to 7-1

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
With a 69-59 win over Sacred Heart Cathedral, Clovis West improved to 7-1 and owns other NCP Top 20 wins over Valley Christian and Cardinal Newman.

With a 69-59 win over Sacred Heart Cathedral, Clovis West improved to 7-1 and owns other NCP Top 20 wins over Valley Christian and Cardinal Newman.

Nobody is talking about….Campbell is becoming an elite top tier coach, if he already isn’t one. He outmaneuvered Sue in the title game and he is showing he can win without a loaded squad. He is the real deal.

Reactions: Paytc
Nobody is talking about….Campbell is becoming an elite top tier coach, if he already isn’t one. He outmaneuvered Sue in the title game and he is showing he can win without a loaded squad. He is the real deal.

He appears to be creating a culture of confident and accountable players who check their egos at the door and want to be successful as a team. His leadership and accountability trickles down. Unfortunately that blueprint is not used by enough coaches out there on all levels.

Reactions: CoachDViks
He appears to be creating a culture of confident and accountable players who check their egos at the door and want to be successful as a team. His leadership and accountability trickles down. Unfortunately that blueprint is not used by enough coaches out there on all levels.
I just saw them play once last year at the MLK event in Stockton and they got absolutely smoked by Centennial. Looking at their schedule it looks pretty weak to be considered a top level program. It looks like they are in the fourth bracket at the TOC. Also I think girls basketball isn't very good in their section. I remember when Hanford was the best team in that section and SMS went to Hanford and beat them with running clock. To be considered a top level program you should play at the highest level every year , not just when you have top talent. That's just my opinion. Like I said I just watched them once last year.

It helps when one player on your team shoots 21 free throws too! :)

Last edited:
I just saw them play once last year at the MLK event in Stockton and they got absolutely smoked by Centennial. Looking at their schedule it looks pretty weak to be considered a top level program. It looks like they are in the fourth bracket at the TOC. Also I think girls basketball isn't very good in their section. I remember when Hanford was the best team in that section and SMS went to Hanford and beat them with running clock. To be considered a top level program you should play at the highest level every year , not just when you have top talent. That's just my opinion. Like I said I just watched them once last year.

Hey even Kobe and Jordan have had games where they were smoked by 50. They also man handled Centennial at the TOC last year. And there is something to be said about the revenge factor and the way the game can flow on any given day. Last year Clovis West was IMO the most impressive team based on their entire body of work. This year I doubt anyone is calling them a top contender, or a top level program, at least not at this point. But the point I was making I'll still stand by.......

Reactions: TwinJevonne

Nice attempt at shade from SMS coach I see. Desper is the #3 bracket. You know that. At least he is coaching kids and getting them better, not sticking them in overrated system where you cant even teach your players man defense.

I'm pretty sure you watched them win the state title that SMS didnt get. CW also won the Joe Smith in AZ last year, I believe SMS was in that tournament too.

Not sure how you one could be called a great coach when all he can run is a 3 heavy motion offense and full court press. It will be a wonder to see how SMS is next year when DeCosta is gone, because from all indications the well is dry with no relief on the way.

Wow, I wasn't trying attack CW. I just gave my opinion based on what I saw. I guess the truth hurts. I think there coach does a good job. As far a SM , I don't think there that good this year. But they have won state championships with less talent than they have this year. As far as next year goes, I think they will be good. Oliver, Blount, Moss, Nicole Young and Micoles little sister. That's 4 d-1 players. Oliver will be special. Good luck and safe travels to all the teams going to TOC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT