Antioch-?
Alameda-Dan Guy
Dublin-Mark Wainwright
Sacred Heart Prep-?
Concord-?
College Park-?
Dougherty Valley-Marcus Coleman
El Cerrito

There was quite a few opening this year. more than in the past!

College Park: Megan Sabby (assistant at Northgate last year)

Do these programs still have head coach openings? Any news on hirings?

Bradshaw Christian
Capital Christian
Edison
Bear Creek

The new Skyline coach is Greg Carrasco, who was just at Holy Names and also was the head man at Las Lomas.

Slightly off-topic: Former Carondelet, Campolindo and Concord girls' head coach Elgin Leslie has moved to a different letter of the alphabet and a different side of the sport -- he's now the head boys' coach at Bentley School in Lafayette.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Coach House is the new head girls coach at El Cerrito. He was on the Oakland Tech Girls Staff last season and also works with the CA Ballaz

The Foothill (Pleasanton) Varsity Girls job is open.

I got hired last week as the Berean Girls Varsity Coach. Go Eagles!!!

[Oakland Tech Girls Staff last season and also works with the CA Ballaz[/QUOTE]

Good luck to him-have heard good things about what he did at OMI. talking about Ballaz....I did hear that the top Ballaz team was a mess this year. Has a full squad at the beginning, kids left and ended up with playing with 6 kids in the program by travel tourney end. Anyone know what happened? I heard Leroy wasn't the coach but someone else...

I heard it yesterday from a fairly reliable source that Que is the new coach at Edison. Not only that but Mya Blake ( Que is her personal trainer ) is also transferring over to Edison from Bear Creek.

[Oakland Tech Girls Staff last season and also works with the CA Ballaz

Good luck to him-have heard good things about what he did at OMI. talking about Ballaz....I did hear that the top Ballaz team was a mess this year. Has a full squad at the beginning, kids left and ended up with playing with 6 kids in the program by travel tourney end. Anyone know what happened? I heard Leroy wasn't the coach but someone else...[/QUOTE]

Here is your answer. One kid played one tournament after an recovering from an injury. And did not travel.

Two kids quit because of playing time very early in the process.

Team was still very strong but Ballaz lost a post player right before the first love period in July. Kid chose just not to play no more.

Last trip of the year in Atlanta one more kid decided not to go I believe but from the looks of social media ballaz went 4-1 in Atlanta and had 8 players in the pictures.

I heard it yesterday from a fairly reliable source that Que is the new coach at Edison. Not only that but Mya Blake ( Que is her personal trainer ) is also transferring over to Edison from Bear Creek.

It'll be good to see him back on the sidelines! I thought he did. wonderful jobs last go around. Best of luck if this is true!

Reactions: basketba11
That is a big loss for McClatchy, but makes sense for Coach Que to take over and run his own program again, especially back in Stockton area where many of his Stockton Mustang AAU girls can now play for him at Edison.
Hopefully Coach Ota is staying with McClatchy, they seemed to work well together and they kept the program thriving and successful after Jessica Kunisaki left for Sacramento State. It would be great for the current JV Coach Jackie Wada (another McClatchy alumni and former great player along with Ota and Kunisaki) to get her shot at the Varsity level since Que is leaving. That would seem to make sense and would be a great opportunity for her to take over the program at some point in the near future.

Reactions: cptmycpa
I heard this morning Bruce Funk is leaving Foothill to coach at Aptos! He always did well with what he had....best of luck at Aptos!

Reactions: Coach_Case
Skyline-Tim Dorsey
Antioch-?
Alameda-Dan Guy
Dublin-Mark Wainwright
Sacred Heart Prep-?
Concord-?
College Park-?
Dougherty Valley-Marcus Coleman
El Cerrito

There was quite a few opening this year. more than in the past!

El Cerrito - Ceonte House
Antioch - Robert Donaldson (came from the boys side at Antioch)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT