ADVERTISEMENT

College Park wins opener at NHSI

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
College Park beat Farragut of Tennessee (3-1) behind a complete game from Joe DeMers. This was Farragut's first loss this year after winning a state title in 2014.

I was on the flight from Chicago into Raleigh on Monday with this team. Talked quite a bit with the coach and many of the players. Really nice guy and kids. I hope to get out and watch them in next couple of days in Cary.

They won again today, 5-1 over a team from Williamsport, PA (Loyalsock HS).

I went over to watch part of it at lunchtime. College Park is good. Very good. Excellent!

HR by Nikolas Oar - and it was a blast to left-center on a legit sized field (400 to CF, 380 in the alleys). Joe DeMers hit some rockets foul and one to dead center that was caught over the shoulder. Chris Brown went the distance. A little trouble early, but he was lights out after the 3rd or so.

They are the real deal.

TD- Nick Oar has light tower power. Andy Tarpley is a great guy who gets it as a coach. Demers is a fierce competitor on the hill and Brown is the prototypical crafty lefty. They are good!

Chris Brown continues his complete domination in USA Baseball events. In a span of 2 years, he shutout ABD and Chris Betts for us at JO's, beat Solomon Bates and SoCal in the 16u NTIS as a 15u player and a year later threw 4 shutout innings against the Midwest.

Rob calls him the prototypical lefty- and I get the reference because he isn't the pure velo guy everyone dreams about- but it misses the point of how special he is... I have watched him beat the best for 6 years now- He will win games on Friday and Saturday nights for UC Davis. Great kid, great pitcher.

This post was edited on 3/27 8:24 AM by NCTB

College Park lost to San Clemente 8-3 in the finals today. Great run for the Falcons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT