ADVERTISEMENT

Community College Preseason Rankings

CC coaches - update your rosters and schedules!!! For those of us trying to support your programs and follow our local players, we need to be able to find the information.

Reactions: HoopGuy03
If you recall Sierra tore her ACL, MCL, and meniscus her senior year. She red shirted at Weber State last season. The coaching staff left over the summer.
Sierra asked for a release, but with the transfer rules, she would be unable to transfer to another D1 without sitting out a year. Even though she red shirted, she would have had to file an appeal to play. She decided to go to a JUCO. Not exactly what we wanted, but it was not in her best interest to sit out 2 years in a row.

If you recall Sierra tore her ACL, MCL, and meniscus her senior year. She red shirted at Weber State last season. The coaching staff left over the summer.
Sierra asked for a release, but with the transfer rules, she would be unable to transfer to another D1 without sitting out a year. Even though she red shirted, she would have had to file an appeal to play. She decided to go to a JUCO. Not exactly what we wanted, but it was not in her best interest to sit out 2 years in a row.

Good luck to her. Wish she was at City College so they could make a run!

Reactions: Paytc and KKRoss
Sometimes the JC route works out really well. I had a girl at Campo who tore her ACL just before her senior season, spent one year at DVC, and wound up having a good career at UC Riverside. And if you make sure the classes transfer, you can get a lot of academic stuff out of the way.

Good luck to her ...

I know exactly who you’re speaking about Clay, definitely a JC success story. ☺️

Pepsi Classic Basketball Tournament (Merced College): DVC 100 Fresno 58

DVC’s 2nd time scoring 100 or more this season.

Yesterday at the Pepsi Classic Basketball Tournament (Merced College): DVC 106 Merritt 39. DVC broke the tournament record for most points scored in a half with 68 in the 1st half.
DVC plays Merced in the championship game today at 3:00.

Last edited:
DVC wins the championship game over Merced 85-62.

It sounds like to me Sierra is back to her championship attracting ways. Congratulations ! May she and her team(s) keep it coming.

Reactions: KKRoss
Honestly, this has been a great team/ balanced effort all the way around! This squad is small, tallest player is 6’0, but really quick. They are very unselfish. They move the ball very well, very aggressive on defense, and they can shoot the 3. Most importantly, they are all out there having fun.
The coaching staff does a great job with keeping them balanced. They don’t put emphasis on just one or two players. They are allowing the players to make mistakes. And when they do, they talk them through it. The coaches believe in and trust these girls. Because of this, these girls are playing with confidence, and it shows.
Sierra won MVP in last week’s Mission tournament, with Zahria Hendrix, Jahnay Anderson, and Leilani Concrease receiving All Tournament. In this tournament Daisha Abdelkader took home the MVP, and All Tournament went to Jahnay Anderson and Jasmine Kong.
This just goes to show you how much talent they have and how everyone has the opportunity to showcase their talent. And, you would think they all took home MVP/All Tournament the way they celebrate their teammates.
The parents are great too, as almost every player has their parents/family members in the stands. The vibe is very positive. We’re all cheering for all the girls, genuinely want them all to succeed. The crowd in Merced last night was brutal! The support of parents has definitely been a contributing factor in the success of this team thus far.
DVC broke 2 records in the Pepsi Classic. In their win over Merritt, they broke the record for the most points scored in a half with 68. And they broke the record for the most points scored in the 3 game tournament with 291. Believe me when I say, this team is exciting to watch! ❤️

Last edited:
When you have stars in JC, they are even more game changing than HS. A couple of legit D1 prospects can lead to a state title

Nine-player roster, six players averaging over 13 ppg with Jahnay Anderson's 18.4 ppg leading the way. Another is averaging 8.7 ppg... Now THAT's balance!

Also, over half their made baskets are assisted... Nice teamwork.

I'm gonna hafta find my way over to a game of theirs... They look even more fun than their last two years; both strong, entertaining teams.

I stand corrected, although we’re the only undefeated team in CA, DVC has dropped back down to #2.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what teams are considered tough when it comes to junior college. I have tried to look up Moorpark’s schedule to see who they have played and if there are any common opponents, but can’t find it.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what teams are considered tough when it comes to junior college. I have tried to look up Moorpark’s schedule to see who they have played and if there are any common opponents, but can’t find it.
That's typical. Elite 8 or final 4 might be a little more competitive. Unfortunately after high school most girls who don't get scholarships opt out of playing and just go to school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT