ADVERTISEMENT

Crush In The Valley

FABULOUS fake, then Euro for a layup by Pierce Curtin of Branson… and fouled, makes FT…. 67-44.

Despite all this Brandon dominance…. Gotta say Brandon Gibson is one heck of a player for Monterey Trail. He has 18, and has avoided that 4th foul and done well.

Tme out, Branson leads 79-56 with 3:47 left. TT Carr leads Branson with 24 and three others are in double figures.

Wow. It’s amazing what a team with some solid players can do when they wear you down running constant offensive sets. First high school event for me in a few years. Carr played outstanding. Gibson did as much as he could and played well in foul trouble. Glad to be back and why not this event, being it’s 10mins from home. Branson by 20, could have been worse.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Next up, Tyler Thompson’s Flying Circus, a.k.a. Vanden, vs. The Amundsen Speedballs, a.k.a Clovis North.

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Vanden is “only” 13-7, but they have tried their hands against some excellent competition…. Lost to Branson by 2, got to the finals of the Modesto Christian tournament, where they lost by about 6…. Beat my Campo Cougs by 14.. etc.

Of course, the featured guy is Montana-bound Tyler Thompson. He’s a 6’6” high-flyer.

Clovis North features the Amundsen brothers… and coach Amundsen… and the Fresno-area’s favorite D strategy, the run-and-jump. They are 17-5.

Quick start for Clovis North…. 8-3, 6:27 left 1st, Vanden calls time out.

19-18 Clovis North after 1 quarter…. looks like that early time-out helped out.

Wow. It’s amazing what a team with some solid players can do when they wear you down running constant offensive sets. First high school event for me in a few years. Carr played outstanding. Gibson did as much as he could and played well in foul trouble. Glad to be back and why not this event, being it’s 10mins from home. Branson by 20, could have been worse.
Good to see “Pat the Stat” working at the scorers table!

Thompson figures in two straight plays, a driving score, then a steal and eventual throw-down…. 33-26 now, CN still in front.

42 seconds left in the half…. 35-28… make that 38-28…. last shot try by Vanden, nope…. 38-28 at the half.

Connor Amundsen picked Thompson clean and gets far enough ahead of him to score…. heck of a play! 50-36 CN. 4:28 left 3rd.

Vanden hits a 3, calls time out…. but it’s 56-42 Clovis North.

Vanden size is having some effect, but I dunno if it’s enough to get back into this thing.

Size certainly isn’t CN’s calling card, and their biggest guy (6’6”) just fouled out.

64-47 with 47 seconds left 3rd. Vanden just removed its top five guys…. I’m sure they haven’t punted yet, tho…. Must be giving ‘em a lil rest before the 4th Q.

68-51, 4th quarter coming up.

Connor Amundsen leading CN with 15 point, Thompson leading Vanden with 18.

4:47 left…. Thompson hasn’t been back in since about 50 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.. and he’s not in foul trouble. 73-56 CN. I didn’t see him get hurt, but of course, I could have missed it….

78-61 after a Connor Amundsen 3…. 2:24 left. Vanden actually had it within 12 for a seconds there…

4:47 left…. Thompson hasn’t been back in since about 50 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.. and he’s not in foul trouble. 73-56 CN. I didn’t see him get hurt, but of course, I could have missed it….
Coach pulled starters because the weren't playing D. Heard him tell them that

Next up:

Millenium of AZ, ranked #32 nationally, faces Salesian, ranked #55 nationally.

ty for the info, EBHoops…. Something like that crossed my mind, but to do that so early in a game that wasn’t totally out of reach is a bit surprising.

Not often ya get to see a pair of nationally-ranked teams face off…. So far, Salesian leads 2-0…. and now 4-0….

I think the stream is on a ridiculously expensive deal called Tanager Sports…. or one of its cousins…. or maybe a clip or two might show up from one of those, on YouTube.

SimplyBasketball is here…. Might see a clip or three from them on YouTube in the coming days…

11-5 Salesian right now, errr 13-5…. 15-5…. Salesian cranked up the press all the way to 11! 2:20 left in the 1st.

KaPOW! Millenium’s Holmes with a 3…. 17-8.

Holmes with a J…. 17-10.

Johnson from the key for 2… 19-10 Salesian. 49 seconds…

Salesian’s Yeargin pulls up, hits a J… and he’s fouled…. FT good. 22-10.

Millenium’s Holmes fouled on a last-second prayer, gets 3 FT’s, nails all of them. 22-13 Salsesian at the quarter

Holmes with a truly SICK move to the bucket for 2…. Dude has much game. 22-15, Pride still in front.

Just looked up Holmes…. He’s a high 4-star, has offers from all over.. 6’5” 195 and he’s a sophomore.

Meanwhile…. it’s 27-20 Salesian. 3:15 left in the half.

29-26, Salesian still in front…

Make that 29-28…

1 minute left in the half.

31-28…. Obenyeh for 2.

Holmes putback score…. 31-30.

Salesian gets an easy chance at the buzzer…. but it bounces away. 31-30 Salesian at the half.

First bucket of the 3rd, DeAandre Perteete. 33-30 Pride.

Millenium #13 fouled on a 3, makes 2. 33-32.

Millenium charging foul…. #13, his 4th.

Several charges later…. (like 3 or 4 of ‘em!))…

Millenium Everson hits a runner…. 34-33, Millenium’s first lead.

Perteete drives, fouled on the way up…. FT’s both good. Salesian by 1.

Corner 3 by Millenium’s #5…. 37-35 Millenium.

3 minutes.

Salesian ties it on the inbounds plau…. 37 apiece. but Millenium #24 scores, fouled…. FT good. 40-37 Millenium.

Johnson wing 3 ties it right back up…

lost track here for a sec… or the scoreboard’s wrong…. now it’s 43-42 Millenium.

Millenium score, but Johnson nails another 3 from the same spotas last time! 45 all.

Millenium #24 fouled going up…. FT’s good. 47-45 Millenium. 1:00 left 3rd.

Salesian unable to score…

Rebounding foul, Salesian. Bonus, 2 shots…. Millenium #1 makes both, 49-45 Millenium.

Claytor 3 at the buzzer… or maybe just shot-clock buzzer. Refs discussion…. Salesian gets a shot off, foul before the buzzer. FT’s split. 49-46 Millenium after 3 quarters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT