ADVERTISEMENT

D4: No. 9 Stuart Hall upsets No. 1 Santa Cruz

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Have to say this game was a lot of fun to be at. The Santa Cruz fans really showed up. Probably a good 500-600 people in the gym to watch this one. Cheered so hard for my Knights that someone in The SC student section threw a nickel at me.

No. 22 brought Santa Cruz back but the Knights combo of Guard Miles Amos and Freshman forward Nigel Burris sealed the game at the end.

Young Burris hit 4 free throws in the closing minutes to seal the game for the Knights.

They now face Liberty Ranch at Kezar Stadium next week. An exciting time for my little Stuart Hall Knights!

Reactions: Brodiemaster
Was at the game as well; great atmosphere throughout. I thought Santa Cruz was gonna escape with the win when Amos went to the bench after accruing too many fouls, but Stuart Hall clutched up. Congrats to your Knights.

Was at the game as well; great atmosphere throughout. I thought Santa Cruz was gonna escape with the win when Amos went to the bench after accruing too many fouls, but Stuart Hall clutched up. Congrats to your Knights.

Thank you. I was actually really impressed with the atmosphere in that little gym. The Santa Cruz team played valiantly. Was new for me to see a full on pep band as well as a large group of cheerleaders. Usually I see cheerleaders sometimes in SF and the Bay Area, but this was the first pep band i've seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT