ADVERTISEMENT

DAL 2/3

J.E.W.

Board Regular
Jan 17, 2013
This league could end tonight with a 4-way tie for 1st place!! Many intriguing matchups!! Friday night prime time!!

Campolindo (4-1) @ Miramonte (3-2) 7pm

Acalanes (3-2) @ Las Lomas (4-1) 7pm

College Park (1-4) @ Northgate (0-5) 7pm

Shocking to see Acalanes lose by 20... LL had been really good this season!

Solid win for Campo!

Much needed victory for CP albeit closer than they'd probably like

A W for LL last night, but they got shown up by Campo on Tuesday. I've been waiting for LL to break thru for last few years, and caught a few games this week after they cracked the Chronicle top 20. Juniors Payne and Prince are the real deal. I’ve watched Payne in AAU over the years and this is the strongest I’ve seen him. But even with all the talent, this program will continue to suffer from coaching turnover, no discernable team play and erratic defense. Some head scratchers from the box. (Like, can someone please tell me why senior Haskett, who doesn't miss on 3s and one of the teams strongest defensive players, is coming off the bench?)

My prediction: Campo takes the division down the stretch. Keep an eye on freshman Hunter Clark...

My prediction: Campo takes the division down the stretch. Keep an eye on freshman Hunter Clark...

Yeah with Campo taking down LL this week and last night's results, the Cougs have got to be the DAL favorites, with the Knights a close second. Miramonte and Acalanes are at the next level with CP in 5th and NG in the basement.

Current DAL Standings:

Campolindo
Current Streak: 2 W
15-7 5-1
Las Lomas
Current Streak: 1 W
17-5 5-1
Miramonte
Current Streak: 1 L
13-9 3-3
Acalanes
Current Streak: 1 L
13-9 3-3
College Park
Current Streak: 1 W
13-9 2-4
Northgate
Current Streak: 6 L
6-16 0-6

I think LL will win league. LL beat Campo earlier in the year by lots. LL beat Miramonte by lots when they played. I think it will come down to the last game of the year with Campo @LL, winner will be champ.

LL is better than Campo talent wise and should win...i think first game was a fluke. We will see soon enough

LL is better than Campo talent wise and should win...i think first game was a fluke. We will see soon enough

They've actually played twice already. LL won the first meeting in the finals of the Brenda Loving Tourney 60-44.

Las Lomas beat Campo tonight to win the DAL. LL just is too talented. Prince and Payne are an amazingly athletic duo. I've watched lots of high school hoop over the years and I believe that Prince is the best point guard I've seen in the DVAL/DFAL/DAL area.

Congrats to LL!! They took their game to another level this season!! Scary part is those guards you mentioned are Juniors!!

Todd Lichti was a great player maybe the best to ever come out of the DAL area, however he was not a point guard. Rob Prince is a point guard and I believe the best I have seen in the DAL area and he's only a Junior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT