ADVERTISEMENT

Danville Hoots going to World Series

Jun 13, 2011
Congratulations to the Danville Hoots on winning the Connie Mack Western Regional. They beat No Cal 6-4 in the final and are heading to the Connie Mack World Series.

Don Johns knows how to assemble a team for this very competitive run in New Mexico. The teams ending up there have D1 thick rosters. And you can bet the Puerto Rican team brings a load of draft talent.

Your correct 1315 very tough competition. The Hoots are a young team, with only eight 2014 grads, but they have found a way to take care of business at both the State and Regional level. Their first game will be Saturday at 12:00. With a win, they play again on Tuesday.

To me, of all of the World Series for HS-and-below baseball, the Connie Mack is the most prestigious one to play in. A lot of great pro players have played there.

Hoots Move Forward!!!
Hoots are now 1-1 losing a very close game #1 to D-Bat Texas 7-6
Game #2 different story!!
Hoots played the host team "Strike Zone" made up of players throughout Arizona, Texas, New Mexico.
The host team crowed showed in force!! estimated close to 4K
Hoots catcher Tim Susnara Pitched!! He pitched an absolute gem!! with a FB sitting 90 - 94, SL 80-84 and CB 74 - 76, giving up 1 hit with 13k's
Hoots put on a hitting show scoring 16 earned runs
They have 2 days off playing again Wednesday

Connie Mack World Seried has been an amazing experience!! If you have a young one, when age appropriate, I recommend getting him on a Connie Mack team and if all works out, let them experience Farmington and the Connie Mack World Series!!
I've been fortunate to witness most of all the big events from Area Code, Under Armor All American, PG All American, Jupitor etc etc etc. and this event is by far a notch above all.
We could'nt Thank the people of Farmington enough for all they do, amazing!!
Try and get this on your bucket list!!

It is amazing from everything I've heard over the years.

Congrats to your son. Sounds like he's doing great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT