ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Scores Thread

Good win by Casa Grande on Saturday over CN 3-2. Those Gauchos are coming on strong.
Next test for Newman will be against Elk Grove because I don't see them losing in league this year.

April 22 Scores

SFL

Del Oro beat Oak Ridge 6-4
Granite Bay beat Folsom 4-2
Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Franklin beat Cosumnes Oaks 16-0
Davis beat Pleasant Grove 5-4
Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3

April 22 Scores

SFL

Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3
Interesting note is Del Oro is 3-1 in series openers with Ben Brown starting (loss came to Granite Bay. Wins over Folsom, Rocklin, Oak Ridge). Del Oro is 1-5 in the other league games.

Interesting note is Del Oro is 3-1 in series openers with Ben Brown starting (loss came to Granite Bay. Wins over Folsom, Rocklin, Oak Ridge). Del Oro is 1-5 in the other league games.
This is why I like series format rather than playing each team once then again down the road. You have an ace and you can set them up to counter every top team, but not in a series. Series shows a much batter barometer of a team and its depth (ie. pitching).

This is why I like series format rather than playing each team once then again down the road. You have an ace and you can set them up to counter every top team, but not in a series. Series shows a much batter barometer of a team and its depth (ie. pitching).
Totally Agree on this, I like the way the SFL does it with the 3 game series…. You at least should play back to back with the home and home set up…. I don’t like the way the EBAL does it where you play some teams once and some twice…. Example, Granada only plays DLS once this year, so they missed DLS’s best pitchers….

The EBAL does have the tournament though so that does kind of even things out…..

Totally Agree on this, I like the way the SFL does it with the 3 game series…. You at least should play back to back with the home and home set up…. I don’t like the way the EBAL does it where you play some teams once and some twice…. Example, Granada only plays DLS once this year, so they missed DLS’s best pitchers….

The EBAL does have the tournament though so that does kind of even things out…..
The EBAL breaks out into 2 different divisions like they do in football, Mountain & Valley. DLS only plays the Valley teams once, but they have a 2-game back to back series with the teams in their division. Mountain teams are DLS, MV, SRV, Cal & DV. The top 3 in each division move on to the EBAL playoffs.

Reactions: THEOC89
April 22 Scores

SFL

Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3
April 24 Scores

SFL

Granite Bay beat Folsom 5-2
Oak Ridge beat Del Oro 6-5
Rocklin beat Whitney 7-6

Delta

Franklin beat Cosumnes Oaks 14-0
Pleasant Grove beat Davis 3-2
Jesuit beat Sheldon 10-0

DLS beat Monte Vista today, 8-5. They gave up 5 runs in the top of the 3rd to fall behind 5-2, but finished strong. Blair hit a 2-run blast to get 'em in front.
Granada beat Dublin 2-0
Foothill beat Livermore 12-1
Dougherty Valley beat California 1-0

DAL-Foothill

CP Sweeps Northgate….
CVC Holds on to win 6-5 and Sweep Campo….
Acalanes Beats Benicia 2-1 to split their series….

Huge week next week with CP vs Benicia and Acalanes vs CVC as all 3 teams are separated in the Standings by 1 game….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT