ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro/Inderkum Thoughts

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
One of the better match-ups this week is the Del Oro/Inderkum game.

What's everyone's thoughts on this one?

Del Oro beat a good Pleasant Valley team last week, but struggled in the 2nd half putting any sort of ground game together and had a boat load of penalties. Also, it's my understanding that the Jr QB broke his ankle late in the first half.

Indy jumped on Elk Grove early, but had to hang on late by recovering a fumble on the 6 with under a minute left.

I'm going with Del Oro 30-28 in a close one.

Last edited:

Del Oro beat a good Pleasant Valley team last week, but struggled in the 2nd half putting and sort of ground game together and had a boat load of penalties. Also, it's my understanding that the Jr QB broke his ankle late in the first half.

Indy jumped on Elk Grove early, but had to hang on late by recovering a fumble on the 6 with under a minute left.

Where is that being played?

I'm very interested in this game. Both teams were moved in to D1 and both programs have traditionally and consistently been successful. It's a great early season match up that could tell us a lot about the pecking order in the Section going forward.

I'll admit, after the Elk Grove-Indy game I caught myself thinking "Is Inderkum down or is Elk Grove up this year?" The DO vs Indy match up will help answer that question.

Reactions: RidgeRider
DO easily dispatched PV in the first half, that hawkish defense had multiple interceptions that translated into some easy points and also a critical punt block. They looked much improved compared to their previous week showing (antelope scrimmage).

P.s. I only saw the box score on Indy/Elk grove but did see Indy in person at their host scrimmage and they looked really good. I’m looking forward to this matchup but it might be that Inderkum is too banged up to make this a game?

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article234392607.html

Last edited:
DO played a lot of backup players in the second half, but perhaps PV did as well. I agree DO looked uninspired in the second half.

Inderkum will be a big challenge this week for DO and let's hope for some really good HS football. I think it will be close game...too close to call.

Reactions: Santa Ball
I'm very interested in this game. Both teams were moved in to D1 and both programs have traditionally and consistently been successful. It's a great early season match up that could tell us a lot about the pecking order in the Section going forward.

I'll admit, after the Elk Grove-Indy game I caught myself thinking "Is Inderkum down or is Elk Grove up this year?" The DO vs Indy match up will help answer that question.
I would say it's a little of both. Indy lost a ton of players from last years team while Elk Grove brought back some key players. One being their QB which runs coach Heff "O" system to a tee. If the kid had more size he'd be too dangerous and heading to a power-5 conference.

Del Oro beat a good Pleasant Valley team last week, but struggled in the 2nd half putting any sort of ground game together and had a boat load of penalties. Also, it's my understanding that the Jr QB broke his ankle late in the first half.

I have DO by two scores.

Time for Indy to match more than the likes of American Canyon and Bella Vista. DO 2nd half offense vs PV is no surprise, didn't show much last year even with ton of athletes. Indy has a chance, will need a few big plays.

37-10 Final score. Statement game.

Happy for @mistark and his dad. Pretty nice W tonight against a marquee area opponent on their home field no less. No easy feat.

Tough one for DO and the SFL to take. But it's not like they lost to an unheralded program.

Reactions: mistark
37-10 Final score. Statement game.

Happy for @mistark and his dad. Pretty nice W tonight against a marquee area opponent on their home field no less. No easy feat.

Tough one for DO and the SFL to take. But it's not like they lost to an unheralded program.
I wonder what this Indy win means to Heff and his Elk Grove program. Elk Grove is only going to get better as the year goes on. This win by Indy has to be a confidence builder for Elk Grove.

I wonder what this Indy win means to Heff and his Elk Grove program. Elk Grove is only going to get better as the year goes on. This win by Indy has to be a confidence builder for Elk Grove.

I'll add that we don't yet know how good Del Oro may or may not be. @smashmouthrick informed me earlier that their starting QB broke his leg last week and his replacement has struggled a bit.

Also heard that Indy was banged up a bit going into this game.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Inderkum's team speed was too much for the DO defense and without DO's starting QB, they will struggle on offense until they find the right formula for what they got.

Hat's off to Coach Stark and his team. They played well and kicked our butts.

Nice work Indy! Coach Stark I’m pulling for you to win that section ship!

It's long overdue. For a terrific coach.

Tonight was win 150 for Indy in their brief 15 season history and 219 for Coach Stark.

IDK if it's gonna happen this year or not, but they're sure off to a great start.

Reactions: mistark and MC415
Elk Grove is good. They have very good size, speed, and are extremely physical. We lost our most dynamic player for the season in Javi Daniels last week on the opening kickoff. We have two other key skill guys out as well. Our depth is an issue with these guys out. I was proud of our team to go out and compete the way they did last night.

Kickingtee 18 American Canyon thumped us 3 years ago 54-19 and we bounced back and made a run to the section final, and Bella Vista is in our league. We cannot not play them. :)

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Elk Grove is good. They have very good size, speed, and are extremely physical. We lost our most dynamic player for the season in Javi Daniels last week on the opening kickoff. We have two other key skill guys out as well. Our depth is an issue with these guys out. I was proud of our team to go out and compete the way they did last night.

Kickingtee 18 American Canyon thumped us 3 years ago 54-19 and we bounced back and made a run to the section final, and Bella Vista is in our league. We cannot not play them. :)
My hats off coach. For the fact, that was a very impressive win against DO last night at their place. You guys have a great program. Very athletic, well coached and physical play. From my perspective, you guys and Monterey Trail sorta mirror each other the way you go about your business. Thanks for the insight on Elk Grove. Heff won't quit until he turns that program into a section perennial power. Once again, thanks coach and wishing you and your team a successful and a minimal injury free year. "The Junkie"

Indy has a nice team, but IMO this DO team is not the caliber of DO teams in years past. I believe they will struggle most of the year. They may beat Spanish Springs and Sacramento, but I think they will really struggle in the SFL this year. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s what my eyes are telling me.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Indy has a nice team, but IMO this DO team is not the caliber of DO teams in years past. I believe they will struggle most of the year. They may beat Spanish Springs and Sacramento, but I think they will really struggle in the SFL this year. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s what my eyes are telling me.

This is the reality this season. I’m less worried about the defense, but the offense is what is most alarming. Offense has been a problem for some time.

Matchups were a problem last night and that will be a tough task for the coaches moving forward.

Reactions: ESPN Ken

Agree. They are pretty darned good this year. Bringing the wood on D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT