ADVERTISEMENT

Rocklin Hosts Del Oro

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Yup, I’ve made the roadie…. JV boys game going on now, 38-31 Del Oro. biggest lead anyone’s had all game…. and it didn’t last long. Rocklin nailed a 3 as I was typing.

Varsity girls next, then the varsity boys, the game I’ve been looking forward to for a few weeks now after finding out how well Rocklin was doing.

Rocklin now sits at 18-0, but hasn’t faced anyone at the SFL’s level. Del Oro is 14-3 and has faced a few strong teams, including a split with Placer.

DO nails a 3 at the quarter buzzer, making it 54-46 Del Oro after 3.

btw, for the JV level, both of these teams look awesome. Now 54-50 Del Oro with 6:50 left.

Del Oro FT’s 1 of 2, now they lead by 3. 1:20 left. Rocklin scored as I was typing, 61-60 Del Oro. Del Oro time out, their ball, leading by 1, 1:12 left.

Del Oro #32 fouled on the way up…. makes 1. 62-60 Del Oro, Rocklin ball, under a minute…. Del Oro steal! Rocklin fouling now to get into the 2-shot bonus, now up to the bonus, time out, 43.6 left.

They get the bonus foul, 37.8 left…. Del Oro #10 makes the first…. misses the 2nd! But Del Oro secures the rebound…. 35.6 left, 63-60 Del Oro, with the ball in forecourt.

Offense foul, away from the ball. Rocklin with a chance to tie…. 34.7 left, time out.

Geez, a lotta typing for a JV game…

Anyway, here comes Rocklin’s chance.

Drive for a 2-pointer is thwarted, they pull it back out and call time. 24.7 left.

#44 takes a corner 3, BANG!! Tied at 63, 4.7 left.

halfcourt try catches rim, bounces away. Four minutes of…. FREE BASKETBALL!

Rocklin #2 hits a wing 2…. 65-63. Foul, Del Oro #32 with a pair…. makes one. Del oro gets it back, #12 fouled, makes 1 of 3…. tied at 65.

Del Oro steal, #4 goes all the way! 67-65, but Rocklin comes right back and scores…. Del Oro bad pass, Rocklin ball,67-all, 1:45 left.

Time out, play was going nowhere…. 1:33, Rocklin ball, still 67-all.

Rocklin #12 fouled, bonus shots…. First bounces out. 2nd swish. 68-67 Rocklin.

Del Oro 3 goes in and out…. somehow…. looked totally in. Rockllin ball. Del Oro steals it after Rocklin works the clock!Time out, 12.9 left. Rocklin has it, 12.9 seconds, trailing by 1.

Rocklin manages to get all the way down court, ball is knocked out, they keep it…. but Del Oro steals it away at the buzzer! Del Oro wins 70-68.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Rocklin now sits at 18-0, but hasn’t faced anyone at the SFL’s level. Del Oro is 14-3 and has faced a few strong teams, including a split with Placer. Del Oro also had a 17-point lead on then-undefeated Monte Vista, but it slipped away and turned into a 5-point loss.

Let’s see if Rocklin is for real, or a paper tiger?

Del Oro’s superstar Caden Pinnick has transitioned extremely well from the gridiron, including on game in which he put 41 points on the board.

Rocklin counters with 6’8” junior Mark Lavrenov, who very recently received a D1 offer, Idaho.

This should be a real good one…

Pinnick recovers the jump ball…. Nails a long 2. 2-0.

After a miss, Pinnick demonstrates that gear few have…. 4-0. Andrews scores for Rocklin…. 4-2. Lavrenov clears the boards…. but Rocklin turns it over.

Rockln’s Edwards hits a runner…. they get it back and Isaiah Elston scores. 6-4 Rocklin.

Pinnick with a nifty spin move, drives baseline, miss, but he’s fouled. FT’s good, tied at 6. 3:22 left 1st.

Josaih Andrews has a specail gear, too. fouled on the way up, FT’s good. 8-6 Rocklin.

Kaiana Marasco nails a 3 for Rocklin, Pinninck zoooooms down and scores. 11-8 Rocklin.

Andrews now with a 3! 14-8.

Trade of 3’s…. 17-11. Nolan Turner with a DO 3…. and a Rocklin 3…. and Erickson of Del Oro hits a 3…. 19-17. Lavrenov 3 try, nope…. LONG Del Oro prayer at the buzzer hits glass and iron… but nope. 19-17 Del Oro after 1 quarter.

Andrews hits a 2…. 21-17 Rocklin.

Pinnick with a putback…. 21-19.

Kanyon Rice rattles a 3 home for Rocklin…. 24-19 Rocklin.

Nice pass to Jake Williams for a score inside…. 24-21, Rocklin still in front.

Marasco nails a 3! 27-21 Rocklin…. but Reid Brear hits a 3, then a 2 for Del Oro.

Pinnick rebound, he FLIES downcourt, fouled on the way up. FT’s good, Del Oro leads 28-27.

Lavrenov takes a pass, fouled on the way to try to jam. FT’s split. 28-all.

Pinnick with a SWEET curl and jumper…. 30-28 DO.

Out of bounds to Del Oro on the other end. 4:30 left in the half.

now 32-30 Del Oro…. but Rocklin nails a 3. Missed the play here, darn crappy typing…. 3 minutes left in the half. 33-32 Rocklin..

Williams scores in the paint for DO…. 34-33.

GREAT offensive rebound and putback by DO’s Reid Brear… rebound, Pinnick with an incredible pass to Williams for a score! 38-33 Del Oro…

Rocklin score…. I missed the play again…. I suck. 38-35.

Brear nails another 3! 41-35.

Lavrenov scores in the pain off a nice pass…. Sloan scores for Rocklin, DO scored.. I missed it. I suck. 43-39, Del Oro. 9 seconds.

Lavrenov nice pass to set up a score, long Pinnick try falls short. 43-42 Del Oro at the half.

Classic brewing here…

Brear nails yet another 3 for DO…. 46-41.

Edwards drives, fouled…. FT’s clanked. but next time down, a 3. then Marasco fouled and 1…. suddenly it’s 47-46 Rocklin. 6 minutes…. Williams scores, Mavarov scores, Hawkins scores…. 50-49 Del Oro…. Mazerov fouled, FT’s good. 51-50 Rocklin. 5:15 left…. wild sequence before Mazerov scores again. 53-50 Rocklin.

Pinnick nails a 3…. tied at 53.

Mazerov gets to the rack and throws it down! Brendan Hawkins right back for DO. 55-all. 3:46 left 3rd.

Josiah Andrews at the line after a foul, makes ‘em both. Rocklin by 2.

Rebound Rocklin, Andrews fouled on the way up. DO has 5 fouls already. Both good, 3:19 left 3rd. 59-55.

Hawkins nails a corner 3, taunts the crowd (I guess), gets a tech. Andrews FT’s good. 61-58 Rocklin. 3:04 left.

Pinnick puts his head down, scores…. Rocklin right back. 63-60 Rocklin.

Alex Kime cleans up for DO…. 63-62, next time, Williams scores for DO, Rocklin’s Connor Bow scores…. 65-64.

Pinnick fouled on the way up. FT’s split. 65-all.

Turnover, Brear scores…. but Connor Bow answers for Rocklin. Tied at 67, 15 seconds left in the 3rd. Del Oro possesion…

Pinnick stepback 3 hits nothing but the floor. Long Rocklin try, nope…. 67-alll, eight minutes left.

Inbounds to Williams, Del Oro gets the lead again, 69-67.

Rocklin, trapped, calls time. 7:14 left in the shootin’ match.

Mazerov with a SWEEEEET turnaround baseline J…. 69 all.

Mazerov rebound…

3ball for Rocklin, 72-69.

Williams scores in the paint…. 72-71. Del Oro rebound, Pinnick gets it knocked away! Rocklin ball, baseline…. 5:19.

Mazerov drive, loses it, Del Oro fast break, NO! Rocklin ball. 4:50, Rocklin by 1…Carter Erickson nails a DO 3! 74-72, DO.

Pass to Elston for 2, Rocklin ties it up. 3:52 left.

Pinnick fouled on a 3… FT’s 2 of 3. 76-74 DO.

Mazerov GREAT spin move for 2…. 76 all.

Wild action going back down, which I missed (as usual). Mazerov gets a T…. but there was a Rocklin foul. 2 FT’s apiece, I think…. Rocklin 1 of 2. Pinnick makes. hits both. 78-77 DO, and DO gets the ball. 3:29 left.

Rocklin steal…

Andrews drives the lane, scores, and 1. FT is NO good. but Rocklin rebound, then DO steal!

Uhoh…. Tech on Rocklin #10 as the inbounds pass happens.. Pinnick at the line, sinks both. Del Oro leads 80-79, 2:41 left.

Pinnick drive and score! 82-79.

DO rebound…. and a charge on DO. Time out Rocklin, 2:04 left. 82-79 Del Oro.

Nice up-fake by Kanyon Rice, 2 shots, bonus. Both true…. 82-81 Del Oro.

Hawkins goes up, scores! DO by 3.

Mazerov scores…. DO ball, up 1…. Pinnick gets past a man, fouled, bonus. Firt FT good, Rocklin calls time. 85-83 Del Oro, one more FT…. 43.9 left.

Pinnick’s 2nd FT is good. DO by 3.

A shot missed, Rocklin rebounds, pass to Reeve Slone…. corner 3…. KABOOM!!

Game is tied at 86, DO ball on their own end, 27.8 seconds left. WHAT a BALL game!

DO ball on the side…

Pinnick pass into the corner, 3-ball goes up…. NO! We have…

Four.

Minutes.

Of.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE BASKETBALLLLL!!!

Rocklin wins the jump…

Andrews baseline J, nope…. DO gets it.

Pinnick LONG 3, nope…

Mazerov 3, nope..

GREAT pass, Pinnick to Williams for a score…. DO by 2.

DO rebound…

Pinnick with a wild-looking drive, it’s knocked away. DO ball. Pinnick long 3, nope…. Rocklin runout, score by Rice, I think…. 1:10 left, 88 all.

Mazerov inside, grabs own miss and scores! 90-88 Rocklin.

Brear answers with a LONG 3! 91-90 Del Oro…. Rocklin ball with 13.8 left.

Rocklin ball, down by 1. 13.8 left.

Another time out, the wheels, they are-a-turnin;…

Corner 3 by Reeve Slone… and he is the MAN OF THE MOMENT!

DO calls time, 93-91 Rocklin. DO has it on their own end, 4.9 seconds left.

Pinnick gets the rock, races down all the way to the 3-point line and fires…. NO good!

Rocklin wins, 93-91. And they earn their stripes! They have a BIG win now.

Pinnick gets the rock, races down all the way to the 3-point line and fires…. NO good!

Rocklin wins, 93-91. And they earn their stripes! They have a BIG win now.
That’s a big win? It’s the first team they have played that has a pulse.

@kiddman32, it was nice meeting you tonight. Thanks for making the trek up and covering the game. That was back and forth all night. I don't think either team ever lead by more than six points. At times it was so back and forth, I don't know how you keep up. I can't wait to play them again at our place in a few weeks. Keep up the great work you do!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT