ADVERTISEMENT

Division IV Game Thread: Central Catholic (31) vs. St. Margaret's (19)

Re: Division IV Game Thread: Central Catholic vs. St. Margaret's

Jared rice is 6'5... his dad is a tall guy too... I would think more offers will come after this performance tonight... right now Idaho.. Wyoming and univ have offered.

Senior Miguel Hernandez has 2 sacks on this drive for Central. Starting to bring some pressure. Canepa hinted at it going into the locker room.

SM picks up a fourth down and gets the ball inside the 20 yard line.

Jared Rice gets his second INT and flips the field on the return.

2 TD catches and 2 INT. Not a bad way to end your HS career

Central leads 31-6 after three quarters.

Thunderous- Thanks. Impressed with this young man. I completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if a lower tier Pac 12 school comes into the equation. Kids like this just have so much upside. Hard to teach these sort of skills.

Good for Dillard to get some good work tonight. Tough for a senior to sit behind a junior (though he still got carries).

This would be the second 3-peat in state bowl history. De La Salle (2010-2012) is the other run.

Gomez scores a late TD for St. Margaret's. Will make the final 31-13.

Usual Central Catholic script. Physical running game behind a good OL. Good defense. Timely passing.

Great run for the Raiders. Roger Canepa has the blueprint on how to replace a legend.

Not that it matters for the game but CC let off the gas a little too soon.

Central Catholic actually wins 31-19.

I agree. Central scored the first drive in Q3 and didn't that was enough

Let it be known for all those people who think you run up the score when things like this happen. Sort of bush league if you ask me by St Margarets. Leaving your playmakers in when the other team has 3rd stringers. Oh well who cares it was domination by CC.

I thought the same thing. I didn't mind the first touchdown to make it 31-13. Second one was bad form.

I thought the same thing. I didn't mind the first touchdown to make it 31-13. Second one was bad form.

Originally posted by Streak One:
I thought it was picked off, the ref just decided at the end of the day it didn't matter. Does he make that same call if say there was a minute or two left in the game?

Originally posted by renegades10:

I thought it was picked off, the ref just decided at the end of the day it didn't matter. Does he make that same call if say there was a minute or two left in the game?
Agreed. I thought it was an INT too. Guess its no fun to call an INT there.

Yea roger has done an exceptional job following in the shadow of a legend... early on.. when he failed to win section titles.. I think the first two yrs.. I was hearing some grumbling from the faithful. Took a little time but Roger blazed his own trail.. and did something the legend was unable to do.. win a state title.. and three in a row at that.

Justin rice's injury is said to be an mcl. Here's to a healthy recovery. He will wreak havoc next season.. as will cc.. they were relatively young this season.

This post was edited on 12/22 2:06 AM by Thunderous1

Hope Justin Rice isn't out too long. Think he is a D1 guy

Kinda surprised St. Margaret's coach didnt upset the zebras didnt let them get a chance to go for 2 after that final garbage TD!

The SJS's most successful program just joined DLS and Bakersfield as the only schools to win 3 consecutive State titles. Well done!

Folsom will likely tie up this stat later tonight, but the southern half of the SJS (4) has more state titles than the northern half of the SJS (3). Sacramento gets a lot of press and its well deserved, but there is some really good football in the valley.

Folsom will likely tie up this stat later tonight, but the southern half of the SJS (4) has more state titles than the northern half of the SJS (3). Sacramento gets a lot of press and its well deserved, but there is some really good football in the valley.
But let's be honest, Streak, 3 of those are 4 are by CC and NONE are in Open, D1 or D2. Those are the divisions where the very best teams reside. The great football in the Southern part of the SJS is mostly at the lower levels.

If we really go to 13 divisions next year, there could be 6 or 7 teams every year repeating as state champs in various divisions.

Originally posted by ThunderRam:
But let's be honest, Streak, 3 of those are 4 are by CC and NONE are in Open, D1 or D2. Those are the divisions where the very best teams reside. The great football in the Southern part of the SJS is mostly at the lower levels.
And 2 of the 4 will be from Folsom. You can only play the level you are at. Yes, the best football is in Sacramento and it isn't close. Just an interesting fact when you break it down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT