ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Folsom Debate

Fellas, I'm going to share something that's really eating at me as I watch the back and forth on here. It's coming from the heart, and I don't often open up on this site, so bear with me.

Here goes:

I feel like I'm missing out. There, I said it. That's right, missing out, excluded, ignored. Y'all go on and on, chastising one another, making childish threats, calling each other names, making wild-eyed accusations, and none of you even bothers trying to shred me apart. Seriously, what's a guy gotta do to have another poster rip on him???? Makes me miss the days of back and forth with the moron known as mtnjohn (only the old schoolers will remember him).

As I delve within, trying to better understand why I'm not anyone's whipping boy, I realize its of my own doing. I mean, what do I expect when my posts tend to use level headed common sense, right? Plus, I try to use respect when addressing others (well not always, but hey...I'm ranting), so that's no good. And then to top it off, I also use these often ignored things known as 'Facts' to back up my statements. Which again, really makes it tough for the homers to blabber back at me with any real force.

So what should I do? Well I guess I need to indulge in an online NCP chat room war. THats right. I've got to throw on the battle gear and get ready to rumble. Question is, where does a guy begin to pick a fight? The opponents are out there, so many to chose from, but who to start with???

**I mean I've occasionally made a stand against Bulldog. But his Blue Colored glasses are so obvious and thick, it's not really all that fun. Plus he seems like a genuinely nice guy (even though he tends to avoid the tough questions like if he "sees any correlation between Folsom's Frosh teams first 0-4 start in recent memory and the schools new closed campus policy?").

**H.E.A.T. seems like a fiery sh** stirrer, which I can completely appreciate on a stale site like this. Heck, I'm wasting an hour of my day reading and responding to a very thread he started. So kiddos to him. But I'm fearful. Afraid that if I started after him, asking something like how many of Sheldon's 'star' athletes graduated the colleges they attended, he may try to figure out who I really am by hacking into my MySpace account and outing me to the rest of you.

**Maybe I go after Larry? I mean he is a a Legend, right? Wait, Legend to who? His elementary school's kickball team? I respect that, I was always a 'slow-rollies' guy, I heard Larry was more of a 'baby-boncies' guy, to each there own. Maybe he was a Legend to his 5th wife, bless her soul. Oh wait, nevermind, I've got it. He's a Legend in his own mind. Tough to beat that mentality, I'll move on.

**DLSPops used to be an option, but dammit if he hasn't started posting with common sense recently (probably because his kids graduated, just a hunch).

**Thunder? Nah, way to smart and sensible.

**ILOVEOAKRIDGEFOOTBALL? Nope. Wayyyyy to tough to have to consistently type that name out, plus there's really no way to condense it. I mean, I could go with ILORF but that seems forced, or likethe name of a character from Game Of Thrones. Plus it just doesn't roll off the tongue (or the keyboard) very well.

**jimmyz and DanKings are too damn likeable to attack, which is shocking since we all know what most Vacavillians are like, right? ;-)
Wait...is 'Vacavillian' the proper way to address one who is from Vacaville? If so, we should use that word more often...yet I digress.

I know I am skipping out on mentioning so many of you (now maybe you understand a little bit of what I felt when starting this rant huh?), but maybe that's a good thing. You are being ignored, just like in your everyday life's. :)

Well...I guess I'll give up for now and just bide my time until the State Bowl Season draws near and I can jump onto the SoCal boards and start trolling those morons. For now...happy posting gents!
Lol this is good and right on! Good stuff!

Me Big that was a great post. Asking about who finished college thinking that would hit a sore spot well , not really. Sure not everyone pans out you can find that true with every school that produces star athletes. Sheldon stars have more than shined in college. I know everyone wants to pick on Darius Nelson and how is path turned out but his brother Graduated from DUKE and he's still playing professionally.
NATE Iese played Football for UCLA ,graduated ,and was Offensive MVP this year and just released from
Cleveland Browns
Dakarai Allen SDSU graduated gonna play D League
Derryl Williams SDSU getting his Doctorate . Last I heard wants to be a pediatrician.
Darin Johnson CSNU graduated and playing D League
Ryan Manning Air Force still attending
Matt Manning Offer LMU Basketball but #9 overall pick MLB draft 3.5 million.
Also they have an award in Elk Grove Unified given to the Sport team with highest GPA . Sheldon Hoops has won this multiple times.
So probably wouldn't have sparked a nerve . Would have been glad to respond

^^ I must have been asleep at the wheel because I didn't realize your Sheldon connection until all this recent banter. I'm sure you're happy Coach C decided to take that job.

Me Big that was a great post. Asking about who finished college thinking that would hit a sore spot well , not really. Sure not everyone pans out you can find that true with every school that produces star athletes. Sheldon stars have more than shined in college. I know everyone wants to pick on Darius Nelson and how is path turned out but his brother Graduated from DUKE and he's still playing professionally.
NATE Iese played Football for UCLA ,graduated ,and was Offensive MVP this year and just released from
Cleveland Browns
Derryl Williams SDSU getting his Doctorate . Last I heard wants to be a pediatrician.
Also they have an award in Elk Grove Unified given to the Sport team with highest GPA . Sheldon Hoops has won this multiple times.
We had more D1 signees from the football team alone in 2014 than the entire list you just mentioned city folk.

Cleveland Browns

See what I mean. I simply can't pick a fight. ;-)

Another downer I just noticed... My LVP % (Likes vs. Posts Ratio) is the worst on this site.
11 Likes to 1,600+ posts? WTH? You guys really must hate me more than I thought!!!!

Another downer I just noticed... My LVP % (Likes vs. Posts Ratio) is the worst on this site.
11 Likes to 1,600+ posts? WTH? You guys really must hate me more than I thought!!!!
You sound like a great dude. We only found your soft spot in Jesuit or private schools?

You sound like a great dude. We only found your soft spot in Jesuit or private schools?

Have had kids in both public and catholic schools, so reasonably comfortable that I can see BOTH sides of the private V public issues. And NO, not a Jesuit fan at all, but am rather tight with many Alumns and JHS dads so my knowledge of the Marauders runs a little deeper than the sports page.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Three Folsom losses(DLS, DLS, Bellarmine) really hurt the argument for Folsom as being the best in NorCal. The Bellarmine loss might actually hurt the most because DLS is DLS, but the Bellarmine game was supposed to be a Folsom blowout at home.

Three Folsom losses(DLS, DLS, Bellarmine) really hurt the argument for Folsom as being the best in NorCal. The Bellarmine loss might actually hurt the most because DLS is DLS, but the Bellarmine game was supposed to be a Folsom blowout at home.
Except that Folsom team was supposed to do nothing that year. They graduated 11 D1 guys lol. That was the 3rd or 4th beat Folsom team. The other teams won 2 state titles. Behind DLS, Folsom is the premier program in NorCal as of now and that's been proven on the field.

And upset win by Bellarmine (miracle win on an INT at the end and then they got rolled in the state game) takes away nothing from the program. People expected more of Folsom because they were the following act to the legendary 2014 state title team. Everyone on here, including ThunderRam said they wouldn't even win their league that year lol.

And they keep winning.......despite most people on this board rooting against them weekly lol!!!

JoeMixon called for a Sac High win last night and then immediately backtracked towards the end of the game. Bad look hahaha

I'll fight with ya if I disagree, but I don't recall a post from you that I have disagreed with, same can be said about Thunder as well

Reactions: mrbig864
So was Folsom. As a matter of fact, Folsom was special. So for Bellarmine to come into Folsom's home and rape them like they stole something from them is a serious hit to Folsom's so-called dominance of Nor-Cal football. That said, Folsom has a very good program but without good athletes they are beatable by most any good team in Nor-Cal. We can't say that about DLS.

Yeah I believe that the 2010 Folsom team is their best team. They beat two nationally rank teams that year. 2014 wasnt challenged and the coaching staff did them a disservice by not scheduling at top flight game or two. We will never know how good that team was because they didnt face DLS or any other top flight teams. History just shows that DLS owns Folsom.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Lol 2 wins against underclassmen isn't ownage. What is ownage is DLS getting owned on national T.V. right now lol
Lol. Is that your only comeback. This thread is about comparing Folsom and DLS, not to talk about the fact their losing to a nationally ranked team right now. Has nothing to do with this thread. The point he was trying to make was the only head to head matches didn't go so well for Folsom, regardless of the excuses you give as to why they lost. If it makes you sleep better at night to believe 2014 Folsom would have beat DLS than so be it. The reality is we will never know and it will be put on the list of teams that might have been just like 98 Elk Grove. Would have loved to see that game

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Lol. Is that your only comeback. This thread is about comparing Folsom and DLS, not to talk about the fact their losing to a nationally ranked team right now. Has nothing to do with this thread. The point he was trying to make was the only head to head matches didn't go so well for Folsom, regardless of the excuses you give as to why they lost. If it makes you sleep better at night to believe 2014 Folsom would have beat DLS than so be it. The reality is we will never know and it will be put on the list of teams that might have been just like 98 Elk Grove. Would have loved to see that game
Our 2014 would have beaten the Lean Machine. They ducked us. You know it.

Your retarded if you believe that. It's easy to think your team is unbeatable when they play nobody all year. How bout your team steps up and actually plays someone for once. Until Folsom actually dominates a good team than let's talk. So far all I have seen them do is smack around a lot of lousy to mediocre teams
Your DLS boys just got smacked against a down bishop gorman. What a joke. DLS finally plays another private that recruits as well and gets smoked. Lol. I'd be embarrassed if my team had a QB that couldn't throw 5 yards.

Your DLS boys just got smacked against a down bishop gorman. What a joke. DLS finally plays another private that recruits as well and gets smoked. Lol. I'd be embarrassed if my team had a QB that couldn't throw 5 yards.
For starters troll, I'm a SJS guy, but I support NorCal in general and respect what DLS has done over the decades. So what if they lost to another national ranked team tonight, doesn't change what they have done over the years. It's long past time Folsom step up their game and start playing some real teams. Again this thread is about Folsom and DLS, not how DLS did in their game tonight. I would love to see Folsom step up and get recognition, but until they step it up that won't happen

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
For starters troll, I'm a SJS guy, but I support NorCal in general and respect what DLS has done over the decades. So what if they lost to another national ranked team tonight, doesn't change what they have done over the years. It's long past time Folsom step up their game and start playing some real teams. Again this thread is about Folsom and DLS, not how DLS did in their game tonight. I would love to see Folsom step up and get recognition, but until they step it up that won't happen
See now it makes sense. You're an SJS guy. But you don't specify who your team is probably because Folsom has smacked them and you are one of the many jealous negative nellies in the area. Makes total sense now.

It's long past time Folsom step up their game and start playing some real teams.
Now this is what I'm talking about. Folsom needs to step up their scheduling or accept the negative banter they receive from posters that are not tied to their program. I said in a prior thread that Folsom needs to step up their scheduling big time because this would give them more respect from posters if they win, lose or draw. In my opinion, Folsom's preseason schedule should look similar to this.

Week 0/SJS Team (Indy or Sac High)
Week 1/SS Team (Mission Viejo or San Clemente)
Week 2/N. Nevada Team (McQueen)
Week 3/CS Team (Central Fresno)
Week 4/SDS Team (Helix or Oceanside)

Once they start dominating this type of competition then they'll be ready to battle DLS and build a stronger preseason schedule. This is the type of schedule Folsom should have if they want to be taken seriously by more then their fan base. Either step your game up or get use to the hate. And this is not just meant for Folsom. There's other powers in NorCal that need to step their game up as well. Just sayin.

Now this is what I'm talking about. Folsom needs to step up their scheduling or accept the negative banter they receive from posters that are not tied to their program. I said in a prior thread that Folsom needs to step up their scheduling big time because this would give them more respect from posters if they win, lose or draw. In my opinion, Folsom's preseason schedule should look similar to this.

Once they start dominating this type of competition then they'll be ready to battle DLS and build a stronger preseason schedule. This is the type of schedule Folsom should have if they want to be taken seriously by more then their fan base. Either step your game up or get use to the hate. And this is not just meant for Folsom. There's other powers in NorCal that need to step their game up as well. Just sayin.
Maybe you can check with those teams named above and ensure their schedules are ALL clear just so they can cater to Folsom and schedule them? That'd be nice. Help us step up our game homie. Your boys from Sac High just couldn't cut it.

Lol dude picks Sac High to beat Folsom. Loses prediction. Backtrack. Then calls out their scheduling despite the fact he felt Sac High was a better team. So wouldn't that technically be a good tough scheduled game for Folsom? Or because they won, they need to schedule better teams? Lol

NorCal powers should visit the Central Valley more. Teams like Central, Buchanan, Sanger, Clovis West and even a top Bakersfield team can be better then playing a weak NorCal team. For example, Why would Granite Bay schedule a St. Mary's of Albany? Everybody know's that makes no sense and benefits neither team. I'm looking forward to the Central vs Buchanan game in two weeks. Both teams will come in with a record of 5-0. Both of these teams have beaten Liberty of Bakersfield which has beaten Clovis West in week 1. Might be a decent Pick'em game to select that week. Anyhow, I'm hoping for better competition in the future from the top Nor-Cal programs. You know who you are? And it's not St. Mary's (Stockton), Pitt, Sac High, DLS, Los Gatos, CVC or *Oakdale.

Maybe you can check with those teams named above and ensure their schedules are ALL clear just so they can cater to Folsom and schedule them? That'd be nice. Help us step up our game homie. Your boys from Sac High just couldn't cut it.
Will I wouldn't go as far as to say Sac High couldn't cut it but I would say they've earned respect from Folsom and their followers. Especially when a fan says Folsom is going to roll Sac High and they almost get beaten by them two years in a row. So maybe Folsom's coach I believe that's Richardson can do the footwork to strengthen his programs schedule to reflect a level of better competition for his program. And I don't dislike Folsom I just want to see them play up to their level of competition more Ole G, Triple "G".

Last edited:
See now it makes sense. You're an SJS guy. But you don't specify who your team is probably because Folsom has smacked them and you are one of the many jealous negative nellies in the area. Makes total sense now.
Based on this response, I'm guessing you just like to start shit with other posters to keep the board interesting. That's cool, but to respond to this: Folsom has never faced the school I root for and just to be clear hear, I actually always root for Folsom, because like I said, I'm an SJS guy and Folsom as of the last few years has been the top dog in the SJS, before that it was Grant, and I always would root for them. When it comes to state, I root for whoever the NorCal team is. DLS laid an egg tonight, so I will look to some other team in NorCal to step up this year, but that probably won't happen. Still feel DLS is the best NorCal has to offer this year so far.

As far as who I root for specifically, Patterson. Yep I said it, little old Patterson. Not much beyond a Playoff contender most years, except last year they were horrible and they've never been the cream of the crop in their division. That is fine with me. I enjoy HS football in general and am looking to see how this year plays out. PHS has already lost to Downey, so honestly I think it will be a struggle for them to even make the playoffs this year.

Despite Folsoms struggles against Sac, I still think their one of the best in the SJS this year, but should they have another year like 2010 or 2014 in the next couple years than they really need to step up and show the nation what type of ball they can play and stop scheduling slappies.

No doubt in my mind they would have given DLS a better game in 14 compared to the prior couple years, but not convinced they would have beat the 14 DLS squad. Again, Folsom didn't play anyone to really prove that either. At least in 08 when Grant got picked over DLS for the Open, Grant beat LBP to prove it was no mistake picking them for the Open and shut up alot the people who thought the CIF got it wrong. They earned their respect that night. Unfortunately for Folsom, they didn't get the luxury of playing a top ranked team in 14 and really proved nothing with their blow out win in the state bowl. I really felt cheated that year as did most fans.

Lol 2 wins against underclassmen isn't ownage. What is ownage is DLS getting owned on national T.V. right now lol

Indeed. De la Salle got owned last night. But at least they challenged themselves against a top flight team. They have played against two teams this season that they were not supposed to beat. Going 1 -1 is not bad.

Folsom was dominated in their two losses to De la Salle. They were dominated so badly that the CIF took the NorCal Open game away.

Reactions: G69
Indeed. De la Salle got owned last night. But at least they challenged themselves against a top flight team. They have played against two teams this season that they were not supposed to beat.
This is what I'm talking about. Folsom needs to step up their scheduling if they want to be respected like DLS. Folsom doesn't have to play DLS but they do need to play better opponents during the preseason. And I root for Folsom most of the time so I'm not hating on them I just want to see them play competition that may be above their level like DLS does.

Schedule a Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Redlands East Valley, Valencia (Valencia), Chaminade, Central (Fresno) or a McQueen (Nevada). Most of these teams have been boat raced by Centennial of the Inland Empire. Be great to see Folsom play these caliber of a team instead of the same ole slappies as Nascar stated. Folsom needs to step up or shut up. They've been a NorCal power for over a decade and still playing preseason competition that we all know they will beat. It was not one game on their preseason schedule that we thought they would lose. We were basically hoping to see a good game and Sac High presented that. Oakdale for a couple of quarters. Jesuit never had a chance and Coeur d'Alene was a waste of time. No need to schedule Coeur d'Alene when you have Southern Section teams just as good as them. G61, tell Richardson to challenge himself before he retires from old age bruh. Holla at me pot'na.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
Based on this response, I'm guessing you just like to start shit with other posters to keep the board interesting. That's cool, but to respond to this: Folsom has never faced the school I root for and just to be clear hear, I actually always root for Folsom, because like I said, I'm an SJS guy and Folsom as of the last few years has been the top dog in the SJS, before that it was Grant, and I always would root for them. When it comes to state, I root for whoever the NorCal team is. DLS laid an egg tonight, so I will look to some other team in NorCal to step up this year, but that probably won't happen. Still feel DLS is the best NorCal has to offer this year so far.

As far as who I root for specifically, Patterson. Yep I said it, little old Patterson. Not much beyond a Playoff contender most years, except last year they were horrible and they've never been the cream of the crop in their division. That is fine with me. I enjoy HS football in general and am looking to see how this year plays out. PHS has already lost to Downey, so honestly I think it will be a struggle for them to even make the playoffs this year.

Despite Folsoms struggles against Sac, I still think their one of the best in the SJS this year, but should they have another year like 2010 or 2014 in the next couple years than they really need to step up and show the nation what type of ball they can play and stop scheduling slappies.

No doubt in my mind they would have given DLS a better game in 14 compared to the prior couple years, but not convinced they would have beat the 14 DLS squad. Again, Folsom didn't play anyone to really prove that either. At least in 08 when Grant got picked over DLS for the Open, Grant beat LBP to prove it was no mistake picking them for the Open and shut up alot the people who thought the CIF got it wrong. They earned their respect that night. Unfortunately for Folsom, they didn't get the luxury of playing a top ranked team in 14 and really proved nothing with their blow out win in the state bowl. I really felt cheated that year as did most fans.
While were on the topic, Patterson is a public school. Why don't they step up their game and schedule Centennial Corona? I mean they are total losers I'd they dont right?

Or you could be like DLS and have the luxury of recruiting the entire Bay Area and just beat on local public schools confined by district boundaries. They should be playing teams like Gorman. They got smoked too!

Comparing Folsom to DLS is fun but is still apples to oranges yet that's all people want to talk about because theirs another school challenging the status quo in NorCal and people don't like it. And a public school for that matter!

While were on the topic, Patterson is a public school. Why don't they step up their game and schedule Centennial Corona? I mean they are total losers I'd they dont right?

Or you could be like DLS and have the luxury of recruiting the entire Bay Area and just beat on local public schools confined by district boundaries. They should be playing teams like Gorman. They got smoked too!

Comparing Folsom to DLS is fun but is still apples to oranges yet that's all people want to talk about because theirs another school challenging the status quo in NorCal and people don't like it. And a public school for that matter!
Look Ole "G" I agree that DLS have the luxury of being a private school and all that. And I also agree with you that comparing Folsom to DLS is like apples to oranges. We're on the same page in those regards. That said, Folsom doesn't need to schedule a Cali power like Centennial of the Inland Empire to garner respect from the NorCal masses. All they need to do is schedule SoCal teams that are perennial powers. Such as Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Redlands East, Chaminade, Central (Fresno) or Valencia. These are teams that will give Folsom a two year challenge in which Folsom would not be highly favored to beat. Like I said, we're not asking coach Richardson and his Folsom program to go out and schedule DLS or SoCal national powers. However, we are asking them to play perennial powers from a different section outside of the the same ole SJS opponents. Scheduling these teams will give Folsom major kudos in my opinion. Win, lose or draw I would respect Folsom even more so if Richardson were to schedule these types of programs.

For starters, we agree that the Folsom and DLS comparison is ridiculous, but I didn't start this comparison thread and Folsom isn't challenging the status quo, they still have to play someone for that to happen. As someone else mentioned, I'm not saying they should schedule national elite teams, but how bout Cali top 25 at least.

I admit Folsom isn't the same team they were in 14, but would have been nice to have seen them schedule better that year. We will never truly know how good they were that year thanks to the CIF removing the regional. So stop with your constant comments saying DLS ducked Folsom that year. They schedule top teams every year, something Folsom doesn't do.

DLS is also limited by schedule issues as well. They aren't a college team and can't fill their schedule with nothing but top teams from around the country. I too get tired of seeing them beat on local public schools year in and year out, but they do the best they can to schedule up and do with a few of their games most years. Folsom has a few games where they can do that as well. Again not saying it's gotta be national elite, but just a step a up from what they currently schedule. Until that happens they won't be taking seriously by anyone other than the Folsom faithful, such as yourself.

Your comment about PHS is completely retarded, they struggle enough with the schedule they already have, so not sure what your point their was. Folsom and Patterson are on 2 completely different levels. If they competed with Folsom for top dog title in SJS than I would agree they should step it up as well.

Reactions: JoeMixon
Indeed. De la Salle got owned last night. But at least they challenged themselves against a top flight team. They have played against two teams this season that they were not supposed to beat. Going 1 -1 is not bad.

DLS looked overmatched in the first half against St. John's and still pulled out the victory, but I don't know that "they weren't supposed to beat" either St. John's or Gorman. This was supposed to be one of the Spartans' top years and they had St. John's at home, which is why they scheduled up and finally took on Gorman. DLS tries to win every game and they are supposed to beat everyone.

I agree that both are top tier teams and wins are not virtually guaranteed like against most of their opponents, but this was supposed to be a bumper crop year and they haven't played up to their capabilities yet. As we all know, they get better as the season progresses and I expect they will be back on all cylinders by the time the playoffs roll around.

I agree that both are top tier teams and wins are not virtually guaranteed like against most of their opponents, but this was supposed to be a bumper crop year and they haven't played up to their capabilities yet.
This is what the NorCal masses is asking of Folsom. Start scheduling top tier programs that you're not virtually guaranteed to win. Stop ducking equal or better competition. This will only make your program better in the long run. DLS is doing this, Folsom not so much.

This is what the NorCal masses is asking of Folsom. Start scheduling top tier programs that you're not virtually guaranteed to win. Stop ducking equal or better competition. This will only make your program better in the long run. DLS is doing this, Folsom not so much.

It's one of the reasons I always liked DO and Taylors idea of how to make your team better. Play very good caliber teams (not necessarily elite) and push your program. Hell St. Mary's has taken that approach (SJB last year MD this year). Paid off for them last year in the end.

It's one of the reasons I always liked DO and Taylors idea of how to make your team better. Play very good caliber teams (not necessarily elite) and push your program. Hell St. Mary's has taken that approach (SJB last year MD this year). Paid off for them last year in the end.

Exactly.......When DO played at DLS I have to say the boys were great, very respectful, Coach Taylor stopped by our table and talked about the game and playing the Spartans, impressive individual and the fans were the best I have met right up there with the Byrnes SC parents..

Assuming its not the Little Bighorn matchup; I think a losing team learns more in 2 quarters of a challenging game than a winning team with a cream puff schedule learns in 2 seasons.

Folsom. Start scheduling top tier programs that you're not virtually guaranteed to win. Stop ducking equal or better competition.
Scheduling Sac High wasn't good enough? You picked Sac High to win and felt they were better before the game was played. So Folsom schedules a team you thought was better. That didn't work out so then you say they have to schedule better opponents?

Comical. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT