ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs. Pittsburg Score

Spartans have used 3 qb's tonight, Storti, Jones and the Freshman qb for 1 possession.

Sloppy game, more penalties than a CHP road check on Hwy 4 on New Year's Eve from both sides.

Last edited:
Does winner of this game play Campolindo?
No, the winner would likely go to the Open Division while the runner-up would be placed in Division 1A with the SJS Division 2 Champion. Campolindo will be either in Division 4A or Division 5AA

TD Spartans 24-7 after strong goal line stand by Pittsburg with 3 stops

Ball finally given to Henry To'uh oh who ran it in for the TD.
To'oto'o had a big game tonight playing both ways.

Last edited:
If there was anytime Pitt could or should beat a DLS team it was this year with all of their injuries. If they lose this game by more than a score Central deserves the game against Folsom.

Reactions: sarpar
Credit again to the Pittsburg defense. Robinson may have made a touchdown difference. It's not as if the other two running backs (#24 and To'otoo) weren't getting a bunch of carries all year. Pittsburg was causing a lot of fumbles I see above that poster that said Granite Bay has the best defense in Norcal. I guess we will find out. I'd be interested to get a couple predictions from some Vacaville guys regarding Pitt against Granite Bay.

Reactions: coachlittle
I'd be interested to get a couple predictions from some Vacaville guys regarding Pitt against Granite Bay.
I agree Paloma, D12K would be the one Vacaville fan that I would trust to give us the run down on both teams. I do believe he thinks Pitt was the best team Vacaville seen all year. Don't quote me but I thought I saw that in one of his post during the regular season.

IMO Pitt's defense was quite a bit better than Granite Bay. Saw both against Vacaville. Granite Bay's offense is their weak point, which makes their defense seem so much better. Pitt has the speed and muscle if used correctly to win by 2 or more scores. Granite Bay will have to pass to have a chance but from what I saw, 4 turnovers by QB, that's a slim chance. It's Pitts game to lose.

Happy for Pitt. They've been a damn good program for a very long time who simply runs into a wood chipper every year. A lot of these other schools; Folsom, Del Oro, The entire WCAL, Oakdale, Sutter, etc. would be an after thought if they had the misfortune of running into DLS year in and year out. Folsom cried their way out of it. Clayton Valley has gotten humbled and is now completely discouraged to the point where they don't talk about DLS anymore. Yet Pitt has just kept playing them, taking their lumps and working towards actually beating them.

Its weird that a non-sectional champ gets to move on but I am happy for Galli's boys. They're better than Serra, period. Thus they deserve to be playing among the best.

Happy for Pitt. They've been a damn good program for a very long time who simply runs into a wood chipper every year. A lot of these other schools; Folsom, Del Oro, The entire WCAL, Oakdale, Sutter, etc. would be an after thought if they had the misfortune of running into DLS year in and year out. Folsom cried their way out of it. Clayton Valley has gotten humbled and is now completely discouraged to the point where they don't talk about DLS anymore. Yet Pitt has just kept playing them, taking their lumps and working towards actually beating them.

Its weird that a non-sectional champ gets to move on but I am happy for Galli's boys. They're better than Serra, period. Thus they deserve to be playing among the best.
Totally agree. Some very good Pitt teams have gone down over the years because they HAVE to play DLS at seasons end.This years game would have been closer if Pitt had a little better offense or made that QB change a little earlier.Pitt doesn’t seem to get much respect from fans of teams in other sections who don’t have to face DLS in their section Final every year

Totally agree. Some very good Pitt teams have gone down over the years because they HAVE to play DLS at seasons end.This years game would have been closer if Pitt had a little better offense or made that QB change a little earlier.Pitt doesn’t seem to get much respect from fans of teams in other sections who don’t have to face DLS in their section Final every year

Ive always respected Pitt despite being out of section. We played them a few years back and they beat us like we stole something. Theyre fast, physical, aggressive yet tough, smart, well disciplined and well coached. To my surprise, they didnt go out there and party though. Their kids didnt talk, they didnt play dirty or parade around the field. They just played good, physical football and that speaks tons about their coaches and that program in general. Definately a team I am pulling for.

Folsom, Del Oro, The entire WCAL, Oakdale, Sutter, etc. would be an after thought if they had the misfortune of running into DLS year in and year out. Folsom cried their way out of it.
this tells me you haven't seen a Folsom game this year. The gap has closed and it is close this year. IMO I think Folsom would beat DLS this year, especially with how Folsom is playing now and DLS having the RB out with an injury.

Nobody cried about anything. Folsom's team is mostly juniors and will be around next year too. How come DLS isn't playing them? You seem to have intel.

this tells me you haven't seen a Folsom game this year. The gap has closed and it is close this year. IMO I think Folsom would beat DLS this year, especially with how Folsom is playing now and DLS having the RB out with an injury.

Nobody cried about anything. Folsom's team is mostly juniors and will be around next year too. How come DLS isn't playing them? You seem to have intel.

They shouldn't have instigated the "Folsom Rule". As it is, DLS now only has to play their 10 game season, 2 playoff games in the NCS Open, and then the state Open. Other teams have as many as 4 playoff games and then a NorCal regional followed by a state game, or twice as a many postseason games (6) as DLS (3). No other NorCal teams will ever play them in the playoffs due to this ridiculous rule. Folsom can say their 2014 or this year's team may have beaten DLS and that "the gap has closed", but we'll never know.

They shouldn't have instigated the "Folsom Rule". As it is, DLS now only has to play their 10 game season, 2 playoff games in the NCS Open, and then the state Open. Other teams have as many as 4 playoff games and then a NorCal regional followed by a state game, or twice as a many postseason games (6) as DLS (3). No other NorCal teams will ever play them in the playoffs due to this ridiculous rule. Folsom can say their 2014 or this year's team may have beaten DLS and that "the gap has closed", but we'll never know.
It is a stupid rule. The gap has closed. We will really see when Folsom wipes the floor with Central and we can compare common opponents

Galli had to be a little pleased when the EBAL voted to have dLS moved from the BVAL to the EBAL for 08-11. Now, only has to worry about NCS AND now, the bonus of the NCS open runner up getting to a regional. There were many publics both in those EBAL years, prior and since that belonged in a regional and a few who’d have taken a SBG.

When newbies come on here “with skills” and say x can hang with sparty, I say get crackin’! dLS says they take on all comers. What schools DONT get to do vs dela is choose which year they think they have the best chance. Out of section you have to suck it up and do a Home and Home, and probably get shellacked in one. Get that Capitol Showdown going early season like in ‘09. Bring the (recently bad a$$) Bay schools up there for four separate division games. No smack talk; play some games!

When newbies come on here “with skills” and say x can hang with sparty, I say get crackin’! dLS says they take on all comers. games. No smack talk; play some games!

24-48 hour cherrie always suspect...by now M.O. of the Wizard of Duh, Master of Monikers,
the Folsom Falsetto, supertroll.

Reactions: 1315
The thing that still separates Folsom and DLS and would next year is that DLS's offensive and defensive line play is just that much better than Folsom's. I keep reading here about Folsom's stud and stars. It looks like they have a good qb, running back, and receiver with speed, but what about the rest of their team vs. DLS. I think the overall team speed and conditioning of DLS is still too much.

And why are Folsom fans so eager to play DLS in game one next year? How about the teams got thru the 2018 season and meet in the State Open Game decider? But I guess the Folsom Rule will still be in place where they don't want to get ponded anymore by DLS in the playoffs.

By the way, be careful of using comparative scores i.e. DLS and Folsom vs. Central. A good gauge, but not always accurate,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT