ADVERTISEMENT

DLS

The veer is a triple option offense. This offense can and is successful at the collegiate level. I think where DLS needs to improve is become more balanced throughout the course of the season in terms of run and pass. Mix/Try some shotgun which gives more of a pass look but still able to run/pass. Spread these teams out with formations and wider gaps in their base veer to many athletes around line of scrimmage, and if they play disciplined defense good luck.
Agree, and they HAD to pass vs MD. They showed they were capable of it. Plus, MD blitzed quite a lot,especially on 3rd down. DLS caughtMD in blitzes and busted a few big plays, which was probably the bulk of their offensive production.It kept them in the game offensively

The premise of needing coaching changes is idiotic but I’ll give my two cents on DLS going forward:

The offensive style fits the players DLS usually has. I don’t think they would fare well changing their system. They can get more versatile as their personnel allows but the veer that they play has played well on big stages this year.

DLS, with their best player playing injured, played Mater Dei as tough as anyone outside their loss to Bosco

As tough as it is to have positives from a loss, I thought DLS had some on Saturday.

Last edited:
The premise of needing coaching changes is idiotic but I’ll give my two cents on DLS going forward:

The offensive style fits the players DLS usually has. I don’t think they would fare well changing their system. They can get more versatile as their personnel allows but the veer that they play has played well on big stages this year.

DLS, with their best player playing injured, played Mater Dei as tough as anyone outside their loss to Mater Dei.

As tough as it is to have positives from a loss, I thought DLS had some on Saturday.
They have had 3yrs with two head coaches. Runner up. Almost is good at Horseshoes. It is idiotic to continue down the road to be runner up every year.

This thread is just plain silly. DLS has to change NOTHING...They beat Folsom 14-0 so lets just stop hearing the Folsom would beat MD stuff etc... The real issue that we should be talking about in this thread is the fact that schools like MD, SJB, JSerra etc. are literally turning high school football into NCAA football. Kids go on recruiting trips to these schools and transfer left and right. MD had "22" transfers IN all who play football and JSerra had like 28...DLS brings kids in as freshman and yes they can pull from all around, but they build these kids up in their program from freshman on. Very rarely do you see a transfer into DLS after sophmore year and for football reasons only. Hell Folsom has had more transfers in the past 4 years than DLS has had in 20 years. DLS just keep doing what your doing which is winning. No one from the North can compete with the Trinity League schools until they are regulated on transfers or up North allows schools to recruit and transfer like the South. Why would Alumbaugh NOT want the best high school coach EVER to be on his staff. just a ludicrous post with ludicrous responses, DLS hasn't LOST to a Northern California team since 1991, stop the madness until they do lose.

The real issue that we should be talking about in this thread is the fact that schools like MD, SJB, JSerra etc. are literally turning high school football into NCAA football. Kids go on recruiting trips to these schools

Of course you have proof of this statement correct?

Crazy thread...pretty sure it’s tied to someone wanting to bring up folsom. This might sound crazy but overall this thread sounds like maybe grant getting back to it’s old ways is what’s needed. I don’t think there’s no team in the north that could put more size, speed and talent of the field than grant. Say what you want about the coaching but these two past years had loaded rosters. Folsom has had some talented teams over the years but since 2011 they have been getting a lot of help from outside sources it’s just being brought to light now because the sfl teams have seen enough.. and whoever says dls needs to change their style is just someone who cheers for a team that can’t beat them. If dls gets more balances they’ll be unstoppable

Being runner up three years in a row to the #1 team in the country each year is nothing to be ashamed of. I think any Nor Cal school would rather be in the shoes of DLS and had a chance to play in the open game vs. winning their lower division state championship.

Reactions: jamzz94549
Being runner up three years in a row to the #1 team in the country each year is nothing to be ashamed of. I think any Nor Cal school would rather be in the shoes of DLS and had a chance to play in the open game vs. winning their lower division state championship.
When was DLS the #1 in the nation the last 3yrs? Come on.

This thread is just plain silly. DLS has to change NOTHING...They beat Folsom 14-0 so lets just stop hearing the Folsom would beat MD stuff etc... The real issue that we should be talking about in this thread is the fact that schools like MD, SJB, JSerra etc. are literally turning high school football into NCAA football. Kids go on recruiting trips to these schools and transfer left and right. MD had "22" transfers IN all who play football and JSerra had like 28...DLS brings kids in as freshman and yes they can pull from all around, but they build these kids up in their program from freshman on. Very rarely do you see a transfer into DLS after sophmore year and for football reasons only. Hell Folsom has had more transfers in the past 4 years than DLS has had in 20 years. DLS just keep doing what your doing which is winning. No one from the North can compete with the Trinity League schools until they are regulated on transfers or up North allows schools to recruit and transfer like the South. Why would Alumbaugh NOT want the best high school coach EVER to be on his staff. just a ludicrous post with ludicrous responses, DLS hasn't LOST to a Northern California team since 1991, stop the madness until they do lose.
yes de la does get quite a few kids from concord and walnut creek and coach them up as they say.... but they and you know they not winning until they hit richmond, highway 4 and ESO to get some fast twitch...dont lie to yourself...

yes de la does get quite a few kids from concord and walnut creek and coach them up as they say.... but they and you know they not winning until they hit richmond, highway 4 and ESO to get some fast twitch...dont lie to yourself...

I’m interested in this “fast twitch” you talk about. Why do you think kids from WC or Concord don’t have this yet these other cities do?

I’m interested in this “fast twitch” you talk about. Why do you think kids from WC or Concord don’t have this yet these other cities do?
Yes me too? I know for sure you go to DLS you need to make grades. My son went to a public school and he busted his butt during football season then costed the rest of the year. All of the kids making the DLS teams are pretty dam good or you do not make the team period. Academically and educational.

That’s the loser acceptance mentality that Truthertz maintains affects all NCS teams. No one is happy to lose any championship game, whether it be to the #1 team in the country, or to a team that once strove to be the #1 team in the country.

That’s the loser acceptance mentality that Truthertz maintains affects all NCS teams. No one is happy to lose any championship game, whether it be to the #1 team in the country, or to a team that once strove to be the #1 team in the country.

Yes I highly doubt DLS is satisfied being the runner up here. And if they were I would be shocked. Anytime you’re just happy to be somewhere you’re destined to go no further.

"DLS, with their best player playing injured, played Mater Dei as tough as anyone outside their loss to Bosco"

With respect, this isn't true. IMG played MD much tougher. It took a late MD drive to beat IMG. It should also be noted that MD was missing 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary vs DLS (all D1 players,including the #1 corner in the country, Elias Ricks who had 3 pick 6s vs CC). MD has those 3 guys it's unlikely DLS' pass game has any success whatsoever. If MD didn't have those 3 vs CC I bet CC beats them.
Excellent. Point taken. We’re talking about DLS in the same sentences with IMG, MD, and Cen10. Pretty good company. DLS will be fine. Another lame thread started by Cybil, and taken hook line and sinker by you guys. But it’s the off-season.....

Excellent. Point taken. We’re talking about DLS in the same sentences with IMG, MD, and Cen10. Pretty good company. DLS will be fine. Another lame thread started by Cybil, and taken hook line and sinker by you guys. But it’s the off-season.....
I know for a fact MD had injured players not even play and if they were available I think it would’ve been much worse. I watched the game and even when the score got close I didn’t think DLS had a chance. ToTo’s limitations had nothing to do with the outcome.

I for one don’t think Norcal will win an Open State title for a long time. DLS just isn’t as deep as they used to be and the SoCal Power 5 out man us plain and simple.

Well, I’ve seen Folsom and DLS talked about in the same sentences more times than I even want to think about, but that doesn’t mean they are at the same level.

They were very close this year. No argument. I’m strictly talkiing about this thread.

Last edited:
I know for a fact MD had injured players not even play and if they were available I think it would’ve been much worse. I watched the game and even when the score got close I didn’t think DLS had a chance. ToTo’s limitations had nothing to do with the outcome.

I for one don’t think Norcal will win an Open State title for a long time. DLS just isn’t as deep as they used to be and the SoCal Power 5 out man us plain and simple.

I agree...and disagree.

Clearly MD and SJB outclass everyone. Man for man, it’s not close. But DLS was pretty loaded themselves this year especially on the defensive side. To say that a healthy To oto o wouldnt have made an impact is an interesting statement at best.

I would attest that those missing DBs wouldn’t have changed much. All of DLS’s big plays were off of great calls by the coaches on MD blitzes. Those were catch and runs, not beat in coverage. Maybe they make a difference. Who knows. But I’m ky humble opinion, DLS missed Henry way more than before MD missed Ricks.

You can only put 11 on the field at time and coaching is huge in HS. DLS will be fine. They know what needs to be done. They’ll beat the SoCal two one day. I predict Hale will be the one to do it. You heard it here.

Said the same thing the day after the game.Dont know about next year but betting on his senior year

Lol! You are the one who gave me hope. I gave you full credit over on the national board. When you said that, I began to really think about that. I agree. Maybe not next year. But DLS will be every bit as good in ‘20 as they were this year.....and Dorian will be a senior. I’m marking that on my calendar as the day! Should be a mean game nontheless.

Lol! You are the one who gave me hope. I gave you full credit over on the national board. When you said that, I began to really think about that. I agree. Maybe not next year. But DLS will be every bit as good in ‘20 as they were this year.....and Dorian will be a senior. I’m marking that on my calendar as the day! Should be a mean game nontheless.
I believe next years game will be tougher for the south rep but they should still win but after that all bets are off

Reactions: SpartanzRule
I believe next years game will be tougher for the south rep but they should still win but after that all bets are off

I think the Open will go through SJB. DJ and the rest will be ridiculous next year. But according to The Stache, MD will barely miss a beat. So we’ll see. DLS will take a step back on D. But they will be really good on he offensive side. Skill kids galore as juniors and seniors there. But we’ll have to wait and see how they do defensively. There’s kids who got a lot of PT, but replacing 9 college bound kids will be tough. Like you said, in “20 all bets are off though. That class will really be able to play with the south. Will likely have the skill and a little depth. Win or lose it’ll be a great game. Maybe for the MNC? Yeah I’m a little early in that one.

Why do you say I am a troll? Think what you want Folsom has a State Title 2yrs in a row. Liberty finally got a State Title. Congrats to all teams. Way to go De La Salle. Runner up 3yrs in a row.

Are you seriously comparing Folsom's wins the last 2 years in D1AA to the Open games? Both Helix and Cathedral Catholic were not even in the same world as MD. Also to be clear Folsom won the the consolation prize 2 years in a row and you would have a hard time convincing anyone on this board that Folsom would have done any better than DLS did in against MD the last 2 years.

Are you seriously comparing Folsom's wins the last 2 years in D1AA to the Open games? Both Helix and Cathedral Catholic were not even in the same world as MD. Also to be clear Folsom won the the consolation prize 2 years in a row and you would have a hard time convincing anyone on this board that Folsom would have done any better than DLS did in against MD the last 2 years.
If DLS does not change maybe we will see next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT