ADVERTISEMENT

DLS

cnerwal

Rookie
Aug 2, 2003
Just saying it must be hard coaching there and not having your own coaches.
I am not saying maybe he kept Ladouceur and the other coaches because he wanted
them but it is time maybe to move away from the old blood and get some new blood
and new ideas.

Just saying it must be hard coaching there and not having your own coaches.
I am not saying maybe he kept Ladouceur and the other coaches because he wanted
them but it is time maybe to move away from the old blood and get some new blood
and new ideas.
I don' that impression at all. I think coach Lad is a strategist that any coach without ego issues would love to have on their coaching staff.

I don' that impression at all. I think coach Lad is a strategist that any coach without ego issues would love to have on their coaching staff.
I just think he is not the Head Coach anymore and maybe he should move along. I am not making a criminal case out of this just saying it has got to tie Almbaugh hands if he has to keep leaning on Lad maybe Almbaugh is not ready to be the head coach.

Patience. The South has changes. Maybe a different team will appear in 1 or 2 years. But the North will always send the same team. DLS only has 1 loss. Wholesale changes and panic is not needed.
I think it is time. I do not see any schools that have a coaching change still keep there head coach or his staff around.

What is this thread? Lad had health issues, if it weren’t for those he’d probably still be the head coach. I doubt Alambugh sits around wishing Lad wasn’t around. The team is still great, high school dynamics have changed a little and 151 game winning streaks are less likely. That’s ok. When you lose to another team, that’s ok. It’s when teams lose to themselves there is a problem.

IMO, the south has really gone out of their way to implement the win at all costs mentality particularly with MD and SJB. DLS had the more success than failures before these last 3 years because the South teams didnt become mini-NCAA teams. DLS's system year after year was almost a lock to win state but the lines are bigger, the skilled players are better, the depth is deeper for the Southern teams. Almost as if DLS cant compete with these guys anymore. How many times have you seen DLS line get destroyed like it did yesterday? MD did it the last two years and SJB 3 years ago. Not seeing a change in pattern here unless DLS decides to get bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled like the South. Or perhaps we'll see a lengthy run from the SJS teams as the North representative supplanting DLS.

Reactions: cnerwal
IMO, the south has really gone out of their way to implement the win at all costs mentality particularly with MD and SJB. DLS had the more success than failures before these last 3 years because the South teams didnt become mini-NCAA teams. DLS's system year after year was almost a lock to win state but the lines are bigger, the skilled players are better, the depth is deeper for the Southern teams. Almost as if DLS cant compete with these guys anymore. How many times have you seen DLS line get destroyed like it did yesterday? MD did it the last two years and SJB 3 years ago. Not seeing a change in pattern here unless DLS decides to get bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled like the South. Or perhaps we'll see a lengthy run from the SJS teams as the North representative supplanting DLS.
What you are saying is so true. DLS are like dinosaurs living in the past. All I am saying they need to shed the old ways because it is not working. Look at Folsom when that head coach took over the old coaches were gone DLS needs to do the same. Shed the old way and bring young dynamic blood in at DLS. Thank the coach and recruit some new blood over at DLS

I just think he is not the Head Coach anymore and maybe he should move along. I am not making a criminal case out of this just saying it has got to tie Almbaugh hands if he has to keep leaning on Lad maybe Almbaugh is not ready to be the head coach.

Tell that to Folsom.

Reactions: THEOC89
Tell that to Folsom.
I am not putting DLS down I was in the first graduating class in 69. If they went out last night and played Folsom they would have been totally destroyed. Folsom just won the other night by 84 points. I think Folsom would have destroyed MD. WE are getting off of what I was saying. Do you really think DLS should stay on the same path they have been playing on?

Like I've been saying. The veer will only beat NorCal teams. It wont work at the national level anymore. Especially against MD or Bosco.

So the recipe calls for a few Aaron Taylors, Tagaloas on the line, with sprinkles of Kevin Simons, DJ Williams at linebacker, throw in a couple of Atari Callans, TJ Wards at defensive backs, magically turn Hale into a true RPO QB with a couple of Assasis at TE and one big Amani Toomer at WR, and a stable of Patrick Walshes and Maurice Jones-Drews and I think we're all set. Oh yah throw in a Doug Brien at kicker and you're really good to go.

Reactions: ararar and cnerwal
So the recipe calls for a few Aaron Taylors, Tagaloas on the line, with sprinkles of Kevin Simons, DJ Williams at linebacker, throw in a couple of Atari Callans, TJ Wards at defensive backs, magically turn Hale into a true RPO QB with a couple of Assasis at TE and one big Amani Toomer at WR, and a stable of Patrick Walshes and Maurice Jones-Drews and I think we're all set. Oh yah throw in a Doug Brien at kicker and you're really good to go.
Now you are talking.
Now you are talking. Who was the kid that played both ways and got a full ride to ND?

I am not putting DLS down I was in the first graduating class in 69. If they went out last night and played Folsom they would have been totally destroyed. Folsom just won the other night by 84 points. I think Folsom would have destroyed MD. WE are getting off of what I was saying. Do you really think DLS should stay on the same path they have been playing on?

Folsom is a great public school team but Mater Dei would have embarrassed Folsom. MDs Big TE and Receiver were dangerous.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Like I've been saying. The veer will only beat NorCal teams. It wont work at the national level anymore. Especially against MD or Bosco.

Hate to say it but I agree the veer will probably dominate the north and a lot of other teams but it seems as if the south has figured out how to shut down the veer. I dont believe Folsom wouldve beat Mater Dei but maybe it wouldve been a better challenge for Mater Dei...

I wonder if De La went to a spread offense or atleast 50/50 pass/run offense if they would still have the sustained success? It just seems like the veer wont beat the open teams in the south going forward

Hate to say it but I agree the veer will probably dominate the north and a lot of other teams but it seems as if the south has figured out how to shut down the veer. I dont believe Folsom wouldve beat Mater Dei but maybe it wouldve been a better challenge for Mater Dei...

I wonder if De La went to a spread offense or atleast 50/50 pass/run offense if they would still have the sustained success? It just seems like the veer wont beat the open teams in the south going forward
When DLS passed last night it opened up a lot of holes for them. The turn overs kill them every year. Used to be the other way around. DLS all ways caused turn overs. Now it is an after thought.

Question about a particular play last night. The freshman DB Hunter obviously got his bell rung on a hit on Garrett inside the 5 yard line (4th quarter). You can clearly see him put his hands on the ref trying to prevent him from making the hand movement to signal injured player must sit out a play. No flag, no ejection. Just a big head scratching dead ball play.

The biggest difference I see in these North vs south matchups other then superior athletes in the south(was it any different when dls played poly/MD & they were loaded with NFL players & d1 athletes?) Is teams are matching dls game speed & oline get off.

Use to be very noticeable how much faster dls got off the ball & played vs any team years. But dls also opened its doors & does several clinics showing other schools how they do what they do. Obviously they listened.

The biggest difference I see in these North vs south matchups other then superior athletes in the south(was it any different when dls played poly/MD & they were loaded with NFL players & d1 athletes?) Is teams are matching dls game speed & oline get off.

Use to be very noticeable how much faster dls got off the ball & played vs any team years. But dls also opened its doors & does several clinics showing other schools how they do what they do. Obviously they listened.

This and the fact the veer isn’t sneaking up on anybody down there anymore. Socal teams don’t see much of this type of attack so it’s hard to prep for. And I personally don’t think DLS needs to change anything here. They lost one game and that was to the best team in the nation, with a sophomore QB. They’ll be ok going forward.

You figure this based on what? Because they scored 84 on a team not even half as good as MD. That opinion is just flat out silly. It's like in 2014 when all the Folsom folk thought they would have beat DLS if they played. It's easy to throw out opinions, but it's hard to back em up with something of relevance that would support that opinion. All you have done is make baseless opinions on how Folsom would do against teams you know they wont play or play again this season.

Reactions: THEOC89
You figure this based on what? Because they scored 84 on a team not even half as good as MD. That opinion is just flat out silly. It's like in 2014 when all the Folsom folk thought they would have beat DLS if they played. It's easy to throw out opinions, but it's hard to back em up with something of relevance that would support that opinion. All you have done is make baseless opinions on how Folsom would do against teams you know they wont play or play again this season.
I guess if you are happy finishing runner up every year then they should not change anything. I am not a Folsom fan but by all means lets just say that DLS is not the team they used to be and the other teams are gaining on them.

Did you even watch the game? DLS actually did decent on offense but their TO killed promising drives and also gave MD excellent field position making it easier for them to score.

As for Folsom doing better, but still not beating MD. So what does that mean? They end up losing by 1 TD instead of 2? I mean being down 1 td in the 4th quarter to MD means DLS played MD pretty close the whole game.

I guess if you are happy finishing runner up every year then they should not change anything. I am not a Folsom fan but by all means lets just say that DLS is not the team they used to be and the other teams are gaining on them.
DLS has had a handful of top teams over the last 30 years in many other years they were dominant because they didn't play outside of NorCal or even outside or NCS. DLS has had a number of top teams post streak years that could have probably beat some of the streak teams, but because they started playing a national type schedule they do suffer more losses than they ever experienced when playing in NorCal only.

As far as other teams catching up. So far it's only been the all star transfered up teams some of those teams in SoCal started building the last few years. Still haven't come across any NorCal teams that have caught up yet. Maybe Folsom, but since there won't be a rematch, we wont ever know.

I think Folsom would have destroyed MD.
Stay away from the Ganja dispensary. Listen, MD vs DLS looked like kids compared to IMG. IMG had full grown men with wives and kids. And MD came away with a victory. No way shape or form Folsom touches MD. Props to DLS, they are truly a Championship program. But Folsom has no chance vs MD if they cant defeat DLS.

Last edited:
Did you even watch the game? DLS actually did decent on offense but their TO killed promising drives and also gave MD excellent field position making it easier for them to score.

As for Folsom doing better, but still not beating MD. So what does that mean? They end up losing by 1 TD instead of 2? I mean being down 1 td in the 4th quarter to MD means DLS played MD pretty close the whole game.
Yes and last year they lost and the year before they lost and yes I watched the game. Turn overs killed them for one thing but it was the same story the last 2yrs. You do not think they should not change. I disagree.

Cnerwal: please stop with the Folsom would have beat MD. Di you see the skill players on MD. McCoy is a much better and dangerous receive then Joe Ngata, as an example. I keep saying kudos to Folsom, but they have 4 skill players who are very good and the rest of the team is a good SJS school. They would have lost to MD by 4-5 td's and DLS would still beat them.

I am looking forward to DLS going up to Folsom next year and I expect the Spartans to again win.

Cnerwal: please stop with the Folsom would have beat MD. Di you see the skill players on MD. McCoy is a much better and dangerous receive then Joe Ngata, as an example. I keep saying kudos to Folsom, but they have 4 skill players who are very good and the rest of the team is a good SJS school. They would have lost to MD by 4-5 td's and DLS would still beat them.

I am looking forward to DLS going up to Folsom next year and I expect the Spartans to again win.
raffidog I am not on the Folsom band wagon. Second I started this post about why DLS when they made their coaching change why they kept Lad and his coaching staff around. I think when they bring in a New Head Coach most of the coaching staff is gone. As far as I know most schools move on from the old. DLS needs to change or they will all ways be runners up in the state. So if you like the old way enjoy. These schools up here will eventually catch the Spartans.

Reactions: thespecialone
Hmmm, you might want to review and edit your posts if you really want this to be about the DLS coaching staff. No need to jump on Folsom' bandwagon to make that point.
I do not know what you are talking about? Most of my post is about coaching change and keeping the old head coach and his staff on? I never jumped on the Folsom bandwagon? I just said they won last week with 84 points. That's pretty good for a Division 1 championship game. See what they do at the end of the week.

I am not putting DLS down I was in the first graduating class in 69.

Oh that’s right now we are supposed to believe a DLS alum who is pushing 70 is posting here constantly, and on top of that peddling a Folsom narrative of being the best in NorCal. Nah I’m not buying that sorry. It’s clearly everybody’s favorite mental midget and Folsom super fan.

“Book it”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...-salle-aims-for-redemption-against-mater-dei/

I think De la Salle will make adjustments. It seems that the head coach is alluding to needed changes in the article (posted above) we've been discussing in another thread.

The veer is the kind of offense that won't work against collegiate front 7s.

MD has a host of well coached collegiate prospects on their line. This type of offense plays right into their hands. I see DLS making the necessary changes.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...-salle-aims-for-redemption-against-mater-dei/

I think De la Salle will make adjustments. It seems that the head coach is alluding to needed changes in the article (posted above) we've been discussing in another thread.

MD has a host of well coached collegiate prospects on their line. This type of offense plays right into their hands. I see DLS making the necessary changes.
Agree, I think we saw a taste of that vs MD

Agree, I think we saw a taste of that vs MD

The veer is a triple option offense. This offense can and is successful at the collegiate level. I think where DLS needs to improve is become more balanced throughout the course of the season in terms of run and pass. Mix/Try some shotgun which gives more of a pass look but still able to run/pass. Spread these teams out with formations and wider gaps in their base veer to many athletes around line of scrimmage, and if they play disciplined defense good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT