ADVERTISEMENT

Does Oak Ridge have ANY shot to beat Mighty Folsom in the SJS Final?

Does Oak Ridge have ANY chance to knock off Folsom in the SJS final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
Last game against these two was in El Dorado Hills and a complete laugher.

Does Oak Ridge has ANY shot at beating Folsom or even keeping the game close? I say no. I say it's over in the 2nd quarter.

Mack threw for over 500 yards and 8 TDs against a MUCH better CC team. One thing to look out for- The Dawgs are banged up. Flores is injured and sat out most of the game against CC. Onterio Smith Jr. was ejected in the CC game for two personal fouls and will not be eligible to play against OR.

@pastyfastquick3
It’s Hs football. Of course they have a chance. Are they underdogs… absolutely.
That game in EDH was 21-13 late in 2nd with OR in the red zone. Max fumbles and Folsom recovers and momentum totally shifted.
What is laughable is the banter about how bad OR is and they find themselves in the same position as Folsom. OR Just shutout a Turlock team that hung 50 on st marys of Stockton. A Team 2 weeks ago that was considered an open candidate. They dominated a good EG team in week 1. It’s all about momentum and they are playing great.
Why was smith jawing last night in a game where they were leading comfortably? Talk about a poor decision and selfish at that.

OR just doesn’t have the speed on offense to score often on Folsom, Mack and Co even depleted a bit will just slowly grind them down on offense once OR defense gets tired from being on the field too much……..the overall speed difference between the 2 teams is just way too much for OR to overcome

Reactions: remc
OR just doesn’t have the speed on offense to score often on Folsom, Mack and Co even depleted a bit will just slowly grind them down on offense once OR defense gets tired from being on the field too much……..the overall speed difference between the 2 teams is just way too much for OR to overcome
Agreed on speed although I think OR will play Folsom tougher than newman plays your Wildcats.

A hurt flores and smith out is big loss. Those are the 2 guys that killed OR in game 1.

Reactions: MC415
Hard poll, does OR have a shot, of course. Will they win the way is Mack is playing, probably not.

Nobody is beating Folsom. Section final game will be a laugher.

Mack has improved SO MUCH since week 0 against Serra. Last night, CC was stacking the inside line with two 350 pounders so Folsom couldn't really run. Mack literally picked them apart to the point where it was laughable. He didn't have Flores most of the game and Smith got tossed. Dude throws for 500 yards and 8 TDs in a section semi final!?? Never seen anything like it.

Imagine this dude, right now with Lyons and the rest of the team healthy.

Imagine being Del Oro and watching that game last night, knowing you told that kid he "would never start" at DO.

Mack has improved SO MUCH since week 0 against Serra. Last night, CC was stacking the inside line with two 350 pounders so Folsom couldn't really run. Mack literally picked them apart to the point where it was laughable. He didn't have Flores most of the game and Smith got tossed. Dude throws for 500 yards and 8 TDs in a section semi final!?? Never seen anything like it.

Imagine being Del Oro and watching that game last night, knowing you told that kid he "would never start" at DO.
I don't know about that last part, but Mack is not the same Q I watched at the Sac state passing tourney in August or vs. Rocklin. He just put in a jewel when it really counts.

I don't know about that last part, but Mack is not the same Q I watched at the Sac state passing tourney in August or vs. Rocklin. He just put in a jewel when it really counts.
I agree with you.

The progression I've seen since week 0 is something I've never seen. Not even the same QB in my book. Last night he put in one of the best performances I've ever seen. He's a top QB in this entire state without question, as a junior.

I thought CC had the beef up front but man they really looked small compared to years past at the skill positions. #2 was a stud, same w/#6 at TE but man their DBs and rest of the offensive skills were tiny w/avg hs speed (imo). Their DBs started off at 7 and were flying back on every snap. CC had studs in the past at skill positions, not sure what happened this year or if this is more of the norm and the 2018-2019 teams were not normal for them?

Imo, CC ran out of gas too on D (pass rush). CC probably played around 15 guys all night for the most part and Folsom seemed much deeper. Not sure how CC expected their massive C/NG to play 70+ snaps vs Folsom either...but I'm sure nobody in the south will shed a tear for CC. Still another great year for a great staff at CC though.

Reactions: THEOC89
Am I wrong but Flores and Smith both played into the 3rd, Smith got tossed very late?

I thought CC had the beef up front but man they really looked small compared to years past at the skill positions. #2 was a stud, same w/#6 at TE but man their DBs and rest of the offensive skills were tiny w/avg hs speed (imo). Their DBs started off at 7 and were flying back on every snap. CC had studs in the past at skill positions, not sure what happened this year or if this is more of the norm and the 2018-2019 teams were not normal for them?

Imo, CC ran out of gas too on D (pass rush). CC probably played around 15 guys all night for the most part and Folsom seemed much deeper. Not sure how CC expected their massive C/NG to play 70+ snaps vs Folsom either...but I'm sure nobody in the south will shed a tear for CC. Still another great year for a great staff at CC though.
I noticed the same thing. They were out of gas in the second quarter. Folsom is just too deep for some of these teams. Folsom doesn't hit their stride until the 2nd/3rd quarter in most games.
Oak Ridge is in HUGE trouble.

Am I wrong but Flores and Smith both played into the 3rd, Smith got tossed very late?
Flores wen't out after the 1st quarter, sometime early 2nd.

Smith got tossed late in the 2nd half. He caught a short TD pass and started to do a Merton Hanks type dance and got flagged. Funny thing is, the TD got called back on a penalty, so it didn't even count. So silly. CC was done and out then....no reason to do that.

Rico did not go out in 1st. Maybe he was injured early but played into the 3rd for sure? Damn, u got me questioning myself and all the coaches around me that were on the Folsom sidelines.

Rico did not go out in 1st. Maybe he was injured early but played into the 3rd for sure? Damn, u got me questioning myself and all the coaches around me that were on the Folsom sidelines.
No- he did not play in the second half at all. I am 100 percent sure.

Reactions: mistark

Yeah, it was kind of in that breakdown I did on CC vs MT. What worked against MT wasn't necessarily going to translate to beating Folsom. Monterey Trail came out really flat in that game, so CC was going to win on that night. However, I'm sure the MT coaches would game plan differently if they had it to do over again. Up-tempo, push the ball out into the alley and/or the wings instead of running inside. Things Folsom does really well all of the time. If there is no effective pass rush, Folsom will beat you 99% of the time.

First of all, I can 100% guarantee you that Mack was never told he would never start at DO. He transferred to Folsom after the 2nd day of freshman practice because he didn’t want to compete with Pinnick for the starting freshman QB spot. Second, do you really think Mack would be doing what he’s doing if he was at DO? He would have been constantly on his back. He doesn’t have the mobility that Pinnick does & Pinnick was constantly running for his life. Third, Pinnick was chosen by the SFL coaches as Offensive Player of the year over Mack. Finally, if Pinnick was at Folsom instead of Mack he would be putting up similar numbers and with his mobility you would be proclaiming him the second coming of Kyler Murray. I’m not trying to take anything away from Austin. He’s having an unbelievable year and is being recruited at a much higher level than Pinnick because of his height, the system he plays in vs DO’s, and the better weapons that he has. But not once have I said I wish we had Mack instead of Pinnick.

First of all, I can 100% guarantee you that Mack was never told he would never start at DO. He transferred to Folsom after the 2nd day of freshman practice because he didn’t want to compete with Pinnick for the starting freshman QB spot. Second, do you really think Mack would be doing what he’s doing if he was at DO? He would have been constantly on his back. He doesn’t have the mobility that Pinnick does & Pinnick was constantly running for his life. Third, Pinnick was chosen by the SFL coaches as Offensive Player of the year over Mack. Finally, if Pinnick was at Folsom instead of Mack he would be putting up similar numbers and with his mobility you would be proclaiming him the second coming of Kyler Murray. I’m not trying to take anything away from Austin. He’s having an unbelievable year and is being recruited at a much higher level than Pinnick because of his height, the system he plays in vs DO’s, and the better weapons that he has. But not once have I said I wish we had Mack instead of Pinnick.
Facts and well stated sir! I can tell you this. Pinnick is a lot better than Kaiden Bennett who had the luxury off playing with superstars around him in Folsom system. I don’t think Bennett has taken a snap in college and he put up video game numbers for bulldogs.
Basically, Mack is able to play 7x7 with 3-4 D1 targets and he thrives in that setting. 6”6 kid who has a great arm but gets all the protection and has elite receivers. Hey, it’s a great system for him. He would not be doing the same running for his life at other programs. So hats off to him for making a good decision. And congrats to pinnick who at least in HS is much more of a problem than Mack is.

Reactions: ESPN Ken
OR DLine needs to apply constant pressure/hits on Mack. OR OLine needs to control line of scrimmage for its run game to keep Folsom off the field as much as it can at the same time putting points on the board.
Can’t coach against speed, but if both Flores and Smith are out, this could be a game.

OR DLine needs to apply constant pressure/hits on Mack. OR OLine needs to control line of scrimmage for its run game to keep Folsom off the field as much as it can at the same time putting points on the board.
Can’t coach against speed, but if both Flores and Smith are out, this could be a game.
Bingo @ArmchairGOAT ! For what it’s worth beating a good team 2x in the same season isn’t always that easy. It would be easy for Folsom to overlook this game given all the success they’ve had against OR.

I really just try to read the treads, but when something is said that has zero facts it has to be addressed. One again Mack was never told he would not start has QB for Del Oro. That is not how that program works. He may have very well been told the starting position is not his. That is how that program operates, earn your spot, compete and let the chips fall where they do.

Last game against these two was in El Dorado Hills and a complete laugher.

Does Oak Ridge has ANY shot at beating Folsom or even keeping the game close? I say no. I say it's over in the 2nd quarter.

Mack threw for over 500 yards and 8 TDs against a MUCH better CC team. One thing to look out for- The Dawgs are banged up. Flores is injured and sat out most of the game against CC. Onterio Smith Jr. was ejected in the CC game for two personal fouls and will not be eligible to play against OR.
Folsom has too much speed and too many athletes for OR. OR is tough, they'll come a little closer this game, but still a comfortable, at least two TD margin for the Bulldogs

Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
Folsom has too much speed and too many athletes for OR. OR is tough, they'll come a little closer this game, but still a comfortable, at least two TD margin for the Bulldogs
Bingo.

Last game was in EDH and it was an absolute massacre.

This game is on a nuetral field and will be over in the 2nd quater.

Something to ponder- Imagine if Folsom had Lyons and Smith for this game!? They would hang 75 on OR!

Finally, if Pinnick was at Folsom instead of Mack he would be putting up similar numbers and with his mobility you would be proclaiming him the second coming of Kyler Murray
Flat out innacurate.

Mack just put up over 500 yards passing and threw for 8 TDs without a few weapons even on the field. Pinnick doesn't have that ability.

Go look at Mack's recruiting outlook. He just went to Texas for the weekend for a visit.

And no @larry legend33 it isn't simply because of his height. You talked trash about this kid at the beginning of the year and said he was overrated. You should be ashamed. Dude is killing it right now and might be one of the best QBs in the entire state of CA. He has also gotten much better with his legs and speed. He KILLED CC on a few drives for first downs with his legs.

Del Oro missed out. They made their choice and belong where they are at. Plain and simple.

Oak Ridge played a great game tonight. Kudos to their kids and coaches.
Thanks. Tough game on both sidelines. Gutsy win by a down Folsom team that obviously still has a lot of talented kids. Certainly a different look without the kids like flores and smith that can stretch the field. But so many other kids stepped up for them .

Against Folsom you have to play 4 Qtrs and OR was able to play them even for about 3.5. Too many turnovers and just not enough offensive fire power to win last night. Great year overall.
Lots of returners and good success in youth programs coming up. Things are pointing up.

I’ve seen OR a few times this season and their kid Hutton better be getting some D1 offers.
Thanks. Tough game on both sidelines. Gutsy win by a down Folsom team that obviously still has a lot of talented kids. Certainly a different look without the kids like flores and smith that can stretch the field. But so many other kids stepped up for them .

Against Folsom you have to play 4 Qtrs and OR was able to play them even for about 3.5. Too many turnovers and just not enough offensive fire power to win last night. Great year overall.
Lots of returners and good success in youth programs coming up. Things are pointing up.
If Austin Mack didn’t tackle that kid for the pick 6 totally different ball game. So close.

I’ve seen OR a few times this season and their kid Hutton better be getting some D1 offers.

If Austin Mack didn’t tackle that kid for the pick 6 totally different ball game. So close.
Did you mean Sutton the wr/db? He is getting some looks from schools like USD but based on recent play maybe that improves. He’s got good size at 6”2 190.

Great hustle play by Mack. Agreed.

The kid who will blow up on a national level recruiting is Edwards from OR. The 6”7 soph TE. Has offers from UNR, SJ State but nobody knows him yet. Still growing and is young. He plays hoops also.

Reactions: SJS Lord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT