ADVERTISEMENT

Draymond

Yeah, he should have done what just about everyone else in the League does; fall down and sell the foul call. Sabonis grabbed Draymond's ankle first.

If Draymond had kept his head, just Sabonis would have gotten a foul... or the refs would have missed it, play on.

if he falls down, flails arm. sabonis gets a F2 and the warriors seize momentum... but the donkey acts as he does always..

Heck, they wouldn't have won even if he wasn't ejected. He aint bringing no offense. He gets the boards & bullies people. Thats his game. So him stepping on someone is no surprise (although it might have been the correct response to someone grabbing his foot). Lol. The Kings are hungry. The Warriors have been full for the last 8 years or so.....

Like Rocky Balboa vs Clubber Lang - 1st fight. Clubber was hungry. Lol.

i am thoroughly surprised at the kings. they play fast, downhill and they are out there beating the warriors up. they are defining we going down swinging.
the defensive match ups are an issue for the warriors. kings guards are hard to stay in front of. barnes trying to get it back in blood too.
i had not watched a kings or warriors game all year but these 2 were 90s basketball. i loved it.

Reactions: Eastbayhoops
Yeah, he should have done what just about everyone else in the League does; fall down and sell the foul call. Sabonis grabbed Draymond's ankle first.

If Draymond had kept his head, just Sabonis would have gotten a foul... or the refs would have missed it, play on.
Draymond act is really old. I think with silver in crowd he gets suspended for game 3. Dubs should have delt him a long time ago. Play GP2 more and sit Poole also

Reactions: rwccaptain42
Age has been a huge factor in this series so far. When is the last time Curry air balled it not once, but twice in a game? Never seen that before.

Draymond is a case of the 2nd guy always getting caught. Sabonis with a unsportsmanlike move by grabbing Draymond's ankle.

Draymond an absolute fool for stomping on Sabonis, then after nearly inciting a riot behind the bench because he knew what he did was wrong. He purposely stomped Sabonis.

Now will he get suspended for game 3? I'd say yes. But who knows. Maybe they suspend Draymond and Sabonis to send a message. But Sabonis is probably safe. Draymond, the 2nd guy, will get the heavier punishment/fine.

Might mean for minutes for Kuminga, and honestly, the kid is what we need to shoot some energy into this tired looking squad of old farts!

what you need is for them to stay in front of people. that kentucky backcourt and the real red mamba are going right by the vaunted warriors defense. its as if mike brown was right there in the meetings or summnnn

I’m a huge warriors guy and im pleasantly stunned that Draymond didn’t get suspended

Looks like I spoke too soon. Not many times an insider like Shams leaks info and it’s wrong

Reactions: ayalar09
mike brown should get a ton of credit, heck of a coach if not the Dubs then Id like to see the Kings roll

Without making a judgment of whether he should or should not have been suspended.... its surprising to me the NBA is suspending a star when they could have given a heavy fine instead after all the recent talk about stars choosing to sit out. Again not saying its what they should have done, just surprised they are choosing to remove a star from the game. I think a lot of eyes would have been interested in Draymond vs Sabonis round 2 with the series on the line. Hopefully we get it in game 4!

Another problem: The WWF/Dennis Rodman 2.0 routine has worn thin among the NBA brass. They've had enough.

Kinda agree with Ankle. That def didn’t help things much and def had a chance to be another Malace in the Palace the way Green was acting.

Crazy how the beat writer got it wrong.

the kings needed that game last night. it will be over now 4-2. plus fox is hurt. that stephanie gets all the breaks

Welp..... how many games this time?
I always thought he shouldve retired last year and move right into the TNT studios. His mouth is the only thing of value to him now (unfortunately). His media career will rival his playing accomplishments. Poole wasnt lying that Green was one expensive backpack for 30. Some folks dont have any problem telling it how it is and when the roles are reversed they lose their heads.

I know you lovin this!

I hope its 15 games. Which is awesome because there is no more excuses to not play Kuminga 30+ min now.

I always thought he shouldve retired last year and move right into the TNT studios. His mouth is the only thing of value to him now (unfortunately). His media career will rival his playing accomplishments. Poole wasnt lying that Green was one expensive backpack for 30. Some folks dont have any problem telling it how it is and when the roles are reversed they lose their heads.

I know you lovin this!

I hope its 15 games. Which is awesome because there is no more excuses to not play Kuminga 30+ min now.
i know deep down the whole organization gotta be wonderin...
how do we break the news to him without him shooting up the mission bay.
he either gonna be a laker or on tnt/espn next year.. they gotta say enough is enough.

i know deep down the whole organization gotta be wonderin...
how do we break the news to him without him shooting up the mission bay.
he either gonna be a laker or on tnt/espn next year.. they gotta say enough is enough.
Not happening since he signed his new deal which expires end of 2027 season. He is going to collect every penny before sitting behind a mic.

His contract and Wiggins contract, the numbers are big, but not the $40-$50M big where its almost un-moveable. We'll see the difference in Lacob if he is REALISTIC or too loyal for his own good when it comes time to move on from Klay. Klay can stay with team for $10M a year. he is not getting the max from Warriors. But if some other team offers the max, bet he is packing up.

Not happening since he signed his new deal which expires end of 2027 season. He is going to collect every penny before sitting behind a mic.

His contract and Wiggins contract, the numbers are big, but not the $40-$50M big where its almost un-moveable. We'll see the difference in Lacob if he is REALISTIC or too loyal for his own good when it comes time to move on from Klay. Klay can stay with team for $10M a year. he is not getting the max from Warriors. But if some other team offers the max, bet he is packing up.
that will be a tough one. but he has declined so much

Time to move on from both Klay and Wiggs IMO. Love Klay (and Rocky) but time for a change of scenery for both sides. Wiggs is just too inconsistent and the W's were lucky to get him to nut up on their last title run. This will free up minutes for Moody and Kuminga. Draymond when he isn't doing stupid $hit still fulfills a nice role on this team - small #5 and is still a good to great defender and excellent passer / playmaker. More Kuminga minutes when Dray is gone so that's a silver lining in my book.

Lastly, has Kerr's time come and gone - possibly it's time for a change on the bench as well. His inane helter skelter rotations are wearing thin with the fanbase and probably management as well.

Time to move on from both Klay and Wiggs IMO. Love Klay (and Rocky) but time for a change of scenery for both sides. Wiggs is just too inconsistent and the W's were lucky to get him to nut up on their last title run. This will free up minutes for Moody and Kuminga. Draymond when he isn't doing stupid $hit still fulfills a nice role on this team - small #5 and is still a good to great defender and excellent passer / playmaker. More Kuminga minutes when Dray is gone so that's a silver lining in my book.

Lastly, has Kerr's time come and gone - possibly it's time for a change on the bench as well. His inane helter skelter rotations are wearing thin with the fanbase and probably management as well.
Kerr looks fried. Need to get younger and more athletic. Nash was mid 30s orchestrating Dantoni 7 sec or less (Kerr GM). Let's Move Paul expiring contracts for some pieces.. Beat teams down court. Lay up or catch shoot 3. Be more exciting and better chance to upset some of these teams. Rejuvenate Klay and Wiggs as be real they are. not going any where.

Can we all admit that Golden State's unwise Nostalgia Tour has been an utter failure, even worse than last season's AARP exercise. As the late Bill Walsh observed, trade your aging talent a year before they exhibit telltale signs of decline. Waiting too long is a formula for serious roster problems.

even stephanie was screaming at multiple players during the suns game for their lack of defensive efforts. chris paul had to come console him on the bench.
the great kerr will earn that title if draymunnnnn is out for more than 10 games and kerr can coach them to a top seed

even stephanie was screaming at multiple players during the suns game for their lack of defensive efforts. chris paul had to come console him on the bench.
the great kerr will earn that title if draymunnnnn is out for more than 10 games and kerr can coach them to a top seed

Kerr is likely done after this season. You look at coaches/managers across all the leagues and the stress ages them like choosing the wrong cup from The Last Crusade. See Billy Donovan, Rick Carlisle, Eric Spoelstra, Steve Kerr, Quinn Snyder and what they looked like 10 years ago vs now. I think he had a great run and stepping away and enjoying the rest of his life is calling for him.

Kerr is likely done after this season. You look at coaches/managers across all the leagues and the stress ages them like choosing the wrong cup from The Last Crusade. See Billy Donovan, Rick Carlisle, Eric Spoelstra, Steve Kerr, Quinn Snyder and what they looked like 10 years ago vs now. I think he had a great run and stepping away and enjoying the rest of his life is calling for him.
donovan, snyder def have aged... its scary

When Kerr came in, the W's were a good team that ran the old boring 90's iso-ball style of offense, which basically consisted of "Get the ball to your star and clear out", and were strong defensively. This was enough to get them into the playoffs, and mayyyyyybe win a first-round series.

Kerr came in with a highly-potent offense consisting of a ton of both player and ball movement, plus kept at least mostly the same defensive philosophy as the previous coach. This new setup was revolutionary, as the W's won many games by 20-30 points or more.

This got the W's 4 titles and 2 finals losses in 9 years.

Over the years, other teams/coaches found way to at least somewhat successfully defend this offense, and now many teams are imitating at least parts of the system (Imitation is the best form of flattery, btw).

Whatever happens with Kerr in the future, he is one hell of a coach, and hasn't suddenly forgotten how to coach.

Oh yah and Shanahan on the 49ers, the fast forward button is pressed like crazy. ... on the other hand Jason Kidd, Monty Williams, Doc Rivers, Ime Udoka, Ty Lue look great. Giving credence to the phrase "black dont crack".
ty looks old... doc is old.. ime fumbled nia so he will age real soon. but yea, black dont crack unless they smoking crack.

When Kerr came in, the W's were a good team that ran the old boring 90's iso-ball style of offense, which basically consisted of "Get the ball to your star and clear out", and were strong defensively. This was enough to get them into the playoffs, and mayyyyyybe win a first-round series.

Kerr came in with a highly-potent offense consisting of a ton of both player and ball movement, plus kept at least mostly the same defensive philosophy as the previous coach. This new setup was revolutionary, as the W's won many games by 20-30 points or more.

This got the W's 4 titles and 2 finals losses in 9 years.

Over the years, other teams/coaches found way to at least somewhat successfully defend this offense, and now many teams are imitating at least parts of the system (Imitation is the best form of flattery, btw).

Whatever happens with Kerr in the future, he is one hell of a coach, and hasn't suddenly forgotten how to coach.
yes, but he had the 3 greatest players of all time.. but father time and injuries will always be the ultimate winner.

He did have those three great players, but so did the previous coach.

Kerr's system busted them free.

He did have those three great players, but so did the previous coach.

Kerr's system busted them free.
fair, i mean doug collins had mike and scottie before phil...
but kerr system doesnt work great without great players so why is he the greatest?

I never said he was the greatest, just a great coach for the guys he had. (Maybe some others on here did..)

Phil Jackson couldn't have won without the great players he had.

Red Auerbach couldn't have won without the great players he had.

And so on...

Reactions: colhenrylives
fair, i mean doug collins had mike and scottie before phil...
but kerr system doesnt work great without great players so why is he the greatest?
Terms like greatest and best are subjective and even if you can quantify it, its all personal opinion. Folks should just say "my personal favorite" and in theory that should solve people getting their feelings hurt if what was said doesnt sit well with the general public.

For instance, no secret your dislike of all things Warriors. Instead of downplaying Kerr or calling people names like "Stephanie" or "Draymunn/Draymonk", can just be nice about it and say, "Warriors??? Not my favorite" ... Easy yah? ... Happy holidays ankle. Youre a good man and fun to read.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT