ADVERTISEMENT

Durham HS

Went to an East Nicolaus game last year for the first time and got to experience a "little town USA" football game. Really enjoyed the experience.

EN has owned Durham the past 3years. Is Durham on the rise?

Went to an East Nicolaus game last year for the first time and got to experience a "little town USA" football game. Really enjoyed the experience.

EN has owned Durham the past 3years. Is Durham on the rise?

Absolutely on the rise. Skip Riley is doing a good job with the team. I believe we beat EN in 2015. Skip has won 9-10 games during his few year reign. Williams has been a power in that area as well and they spanked Live Oak something severe last week. So, we shall see.

2015 is when EN won state. According to MaxPreps, in 2015 EN beat Durham 38-20 the closest game Durham gave EN the past 3 years.

Got to love the passion & support these small communities have for their football teams.

Correction, in 2015 you are correct in league play Durham beat EN 23-16 but EN beat Durham in the playoffs 38-20. Great to see competition there.

My boys spanked Live Oak 55-0 last week. We have Colusa this weekend. They lost last weekend to East Nicholas by 20 points. I am thinking we are going to run them to death. Go TROJANS!

Last edited:
My boys spanked Live Oak 55-0 last week. We have Colusa this weekend. They lost last weekend to East Nicholas by 20 points. I am thinking we are going to run them to death. Go TROJANS!
Not trying to bust your bubble, but Gridley also beat Willows badly last week and Live Oak I believe is on a 2-3 year losing streak. Willows must be on an off year. They usually play some good ball.

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
Not trying to bust your bubble, but Gridley also beat Willows badly last week and Live Oak I believe is on a 2-3 year losing streak. Willows must be on an off year. They usually play some good ball.

True. And Willows isn't that good historically. One good year of late.

Guy I work with nephew is #15 for Durham. I showed him some video, he was blown away at how HS FB has changed.

Durham hasn't played anybody yet of note. All 3 common opponents with EN have been fairly similar while EN has played schools like Menlo and Bradshaw Christian. The rest of league play for both teams will be easy all pointing towards a great game at EN for the MVL title.

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Durham hasn't played anybody yet of note. All 3 common opponents with EN have been fairly similar while EN has played schools like Menlo and Bradshaw Christian. The rest of league play for both teams will be easy all pointing towards a great game at EN for the MVL title.

Going to homecoming tonight versus Esparto. Looking forward to a beatdown.

Going to homecoming tonight versus Esparto. Looking forward to a beatdown.
Esparto is the weakest team in the league. Like I said Durham hasn't played anybody yet. I still cant believe Esparto is going with Durham back to the SVL next year.

Durham beat Esparto 49-6, lets see how much EN beats Esparto this week. I predict 48-0.

Esparto was able to run the ball on EN like no one else has this season, but EN also had their best DT out for the game. The remaining games are getting progressively tougher, leading up to the final game of the season. Should be a great matchup. Are you coming out to EN?

Esparto was able to run the ball on EN like no one else has this season, but EN also had their best DT out for the game. The remaining games are getting progressively tougher, leading up to the final game of the season. Should be a great matchup. Are you coming out to EN?

Unfortunately, I cannot make that game! Major bummer!

The battle of the unbeatens will take place this Friday at Wahl Field, the victor wins the MVL title and #1 seed in the playoffs, the loser gets the #2 seed. Should be a great matchup, all similar opponents scores have been pretty identical.

Durham really should have challenged themselves more in out of league schedule. They only game they played someone good, they got roughed up. EN has out of section comp. I would expect it to be one sided again.

Durham really should have challenged themselves more in out of league schedule. They only game they played someone good, they got roughed up. EN has out of section comp. I would expect it to be one sided again.

Agree. But maybe they learned something in that game. Better pass coverage perhaps....

Maybe? I'm a Trojan fan so I hope so. That being said, that's a pretty large gap to close especially when you NEVER replicate that type of competition in any other game in your season.

Great news for you....the last Durham title was a rematch game. That being said, it was a 1 point game in regular season. But, anything can happen on any given night! Good luck.

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Sure hope it will be a better game than last year’s 34-6 beat down. May come out for this one again as Durham seems a better team vs last year so expecting a decent game.

Sure hope it will be a better game than last year’s 34-6 beat down. May come out for this one again as Durham seems a better team vs last year so expecting a decent game.
Looks like no rain on Wed so Durham will have a better opportunity to pass the ball, if EN can prevent the big pass play they will win by 2 scores.

Reactions: smashmouthrick
Sweet!! EN / Durham play on Wednesday?? I will definitely make it there. We don't play til Saturday

Sweet!! EN / Durham play on Wednesday?? I will definitely make it there. We don't play til Saturday
Yes, game is Wed at 7pm. For as long as I can remember the D4 and D5 Section championship is played the day before Thanksgiving.

How is EN’s pass rush and pass protection this year? Are they playing strictly man or zone coverage or combo of both this year?
Their pass rush is great, pass defense not as good as previous years, but they get their hands on the ball. They just allow to many big plays downfield. They play a combo of both.

Really liked when the section played all of their games on Wednesday. Glad to see they still have a couple of games. Cool tradition

Looking at stats both teams run more than pass but EN runs a little more than Durham and Durham passes a little more than EN. Also looks like EN QB does a fair bit of running so he must have a little speed.

Highly recommend if you have not seen small town football to come out and watch this game. They have their own brand of smashmouth football that is great to watch and great atmosphere.

Expect a better game Wednesday vs last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT