ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 Fall Preview Oct 5th, 2019 @ Sacramento Charter HS

SimplyBBall

Sports Fanatic
Dec 6, 2017

The annual Elite 8 Fall Preview is back this Saturday at Sacramento HS!

Doors Open 8:30am

Some of the top players in Norcal will be playing in this event!

Players participating include Isa Silva, Marcus Bagley, Geronimo De La Rosa, Gavin Wilburn, Xavion Brown, Teiano Hardee, Takai Hardy, Mike Pearson, Quincy Taylor, Caden Flowers, Jonah Alveraz, Kyree Dunn, Tyree Gill, Jaden Philips and more....

Reactions: superle
I think is the event that was held last year at Monterey Trail HS...

If so, it was well worth the drive up there!

Unfortunately, There is almost zero chance I'll be able to free myself for any activities this Saturday. :(

QUOTE="SimplyBBall, post: 243738, member: 7685"]schedule here

[/QUOTE]

Please give a synopsis of yesterday's games.

Sounds like it was a great event... Wish I coulda been there... family obligations.

661 hoops can't believe X Brown from Sheldon is a D2 player. That kid is D1, no doubt.

I can't believe that either... Especially pure-athleticism-wise.

Simply as an athlete, defender, distributor, he is almost certainly D1 stuff, maybe even Power 5 stuff.

At least as of June, anyway, the last time I saw him in-person, his outside shot needs improvement... That's pretty much the only thing holding him back. Hard to tell from a highlight tape whether the shot has gotten better or not, since highlight tapes don't show a lot of misses unless there's a strong putback rebound or something like that.

Reactions: observer22
I can't believe that either... Especially pure-athleticism-wise.

Simply as an athlete, defender, distributor, he is almost certainly D1 stuff, maybe even Power 5 stuff.

At least as of June, anyway, the last time I saw him in-person, his outside shot needs improvement... That's pretty much the only thing holding him back. Hard to tell from a highlight tape whether the shot has gotten better or not, since highlight tapes don't show a lot of misses unless there's a strong putback rebound or something like that.
I'm not saying I know but maybe he I wants to go to that school. Why do people on this site talk about it as if he failed or came up short. I thought ultimately it's about getting an education leading to a good job and I'm pretty sure the school he chose provides that avenue for their students.

I'm not saying I know but maybe he I wants to go to that school. Why do people on this site talk about it as if he failed or came up short. I thought ultimately it's about getting an education leading to a good job and I'm pretty sure the school he chose provides that avenue for their students.

What school are you referring to? The author states he should be on D2’s radars, and the posters are complimenting him is saying that D1 schools should be interested too.

I just looked through the better-known recruiting sites, and Brown shows on those sites with one D1 offer (UC Davis) and no others at any level (but those are much harder to find news of until a player actually signs that dotted line).

Other than his questionable outside shooting, I dunno why big colleges don't appear to be after him... To me, he ticks all the other boxes... Speed, bounce, agility, handles, vision, hard work on D...

His silky-smooth movement may make it look like he isn't always playing hard, maybe... But I'd think scouts would see past that.

If he doesn't want to go to Davis and other offers don't come for some reason, I'll bet every JC in the state is drooling... Other states, too... Prep academies, also, for that matter...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT