ADVERTISEMENT

Elite is Earned New Year Classic

St Jospeh leads Carondelet 34-30 end Q3.

Bamberger has 16 of the 30 for Carondelet.

Carondelet leads 47-46 with 54 seconds left. Pilots ball.

Cougars have missed a ton of FT today

Carondelet beats St Joseph 49-46. Ali Bamberger with a big game on both ends

Pilots had a five second violation late and couldn’t get a shot off on their last possession.

Mitty leads 19-10 with 100 left Q1.

Good scoring balance for Mitty with six players scoring. Jones just got her first bucket

Mitty is on a 20-2 run and leads Salesian 34-12 with 347 left in the half

Mitty putting on a clinic in leading 40-16 at halftime.

Monarchs have five players between 5 and 8 points

Mitty leads Salesian 55-31 end Q3.

Pride got it down to 19 but a Mitty run soon followed

Thanks for being there from start to finish, Doug ... I confess I didn't make the first game and left at halftime of the last.

that was a really good 1 day event...props to the MM people

Some really good high level basketball on display. Some great games and individual efforts. BOD and SJND exceeded expectations, and Heritage was running on all cylinders and just annihilated a solid McClatchy team.

Some really good high level basketball on display. Some great games and individual efforts. BOD and SJND exceeded expectations, and Heritage was running on all cylinders and just annihilated a solid McClatchy team.
Agreed. McClatchy could not make any shots--very poor shooting is what killed them, even with open, good quality shots. Had to be their worst game shooting all season.
McClatchy shooting % for game
1Q: 3 for 15 = 20%
2Q: 2 for 17 =12%
3Q: 5 for 21 = 24%
4Q: 6 for 17 = 35%
Overall: 16 for 70 = 23%
If they had made 10 more baskets (26 for 70 = 37%), the final score would have been around 70-61. Watching the replay, Heritage played good defense, but it wasn't so sufficating or pressure that made McClatchy to miss.

Agreed. McClatchy could not make any shots--very poor shooting is what killed them, even with open, good quality shots. Had to be their worst game shooting all season.
McClatchy shooting % for game
1Q: 3 for 15 = 20%
2Q: 2 for 17 =12%
3Q: 5 for 21 = 24%
4Q: 6 for 17 = 35%
Overall: 16 for 70 = 23%
If they had made 10 more baskets (26 for 70 = 37%), the final score would have been around 70-61. Watching the replay, Heritage played good defense, but it wasn't so sufficating or pressure that made McClatchy to miss.
Pressure is applied in various ways. Pressure was applied that forced CKM to take low percentage outside shots that yielded few second chance opportunities. To me Heritage looked better than Carondelet.

Reactions: observer22
Pressure is applied in various ways. Pressure was applied that forced CKM to take low percentage outside shots that yielded few second chance opportunities. To me Heritage looked better than Carondelet.

Heritage for sure looked better than CLet last night, but the Cougars found a way to pull out the victory over a young energetic SJND squad. The Pilots had a lead most of the game, but couldn’t make decisions in the critical moments at the end of the game. Between not getting the ball in with about a minute left to turn the ball over, and not getting off a shot before the clock expired at the end, I’m sure they are kicking themselves. But those things were a direct result of the CLet pressure defense and they were able to pull out a game where they were outplayed. They rely a lot on Ali, and she came through again scoring a huge portion of their points, but if she ever gets into foul trouble against a good team they could be in trouble.

Heritage for sure looked better than CLet last night, but the Cougars found a way to pull out the victory over a young energetic SJND squad. The Pilots had a lead most of the game, but couldn’t make decisions in the critical moments at the end of the game. Between not getting the ball in with about a minute left to turn the ball over, and not getting off a shot before the clock expired at the end, I’m sure they are kicking themselves. But those things were a direct result of the CLet pressure defense and they were able to pull out a game where they were outplayed. They rely a lot on Ali, and she came through again scoring a huge portion of their points, but if she ever gets into foul trouble against a good team they could be in trouble.

Wasn't there, but was told SJND coaching staff thoroughly outcoached CLET. Clet needs to start figuring out a better offensive scheme than simply AB all the time. She is very good, but their overall offensive scheme is very lacking. There is a lot offensive firepower to work with.

Wasn't there, but was told SJND coaching staff thoroughly outcoached CLET. Clet needs to start figuring out a better offensive scheme than simply AB all the time. She is very good, but their overall offensive scheme is very lacking. There is a lot offensive firepower to work with.
Until they meet a team with similar size they will be fine.

As I posted in another thread, thanks to the teams and fans and officials for making it a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT