ADVERTISEMENT

Fake Offers

Scoop and Score

Superstar
Jun 14, 2020
Anyone else notice all the “ Fake Offers” on players Twitter. It will catch up to each and everyone of them. Some of these morons are putting down offers from Georgia, Alabama and Clemson.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
We live in an era of fake offers or my favorite... Not committable ones.
Like getting that job offer to Google and them saying well there is a few young bright engineers out of Mumbai we are really interested in so if they back out, we will call you. Remember.... #committed is a 2 way street.

• Haha
It’s sad that any kid feels the need to do this.

I for one am glad I didn’t have to grow up in this social media era. As an adult, I largely avoid most of it. For a myriad of reasons.

I was coaxed to sign up for Facebook back in 2009 for an upcoming HS reunion. I quickly learned that it’s a cesspool of dishonesty, grandstanding, and virtue signaling. Same goes for ALL forms of social media.

IIRC it was Poe that said something to the effect of “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Well, when it comes to social media — believe NONE of it. It’s mostly just insecure people pushing a false image of who they are. It’s as if 90% of it’s users never actually graduated from their HS cliques.

The only form of social media I really use is Twitter/X and that’s largely to get (or post) reports from HS games and such. And even it has become more difficult to weed through.

Circling back to these HS kids and how they use it, it’s just become an extended form of what they experience in school on a daily basis. Peer pressure, cliques, popularity contests, etc, etc. The vast majority of them don’t know how to handle it. And their parents are even more clueless about it.

It’s sad that any kid feels the need to do this.

I for one am glad I didn’t have to grow up in this social media era. As an adult, I largely avoid most of it. For a myriad of reasons.

I was coaxed to sign up for Facebook back in 2009 for an upcoming HS reunion. I quickly learned that it’s a cesspool of dishonesty, grandstanding, and virtue signaling. Same goes for ALL forms of social media.

IIRC it was Poe that said something to the effect of “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Well, when it comes to social media — believe NONE of it. It’s mostly just insecure people pushing a false image of who they are. It’s as if 90% of it’s users never actually graduated from their HS cliques.

The only form of social media I really use is Twitter/X and that’s largely to get (or post) reports from HS games and such. And even it has become more difficult to weed through.

Circling back to these HS kids and how they use it, it’s just become an extended form of what they experience in school on a daily basis. Peer pressure, cliques, popularity contests, etc, etc. The vast majority of them don’t know how to handle it. And their parents are even more clueless about it.
Yup. Pretty much spot on TR.

true, but that site isn't even always accurate... More accurate than most others, but still a bit shaky..

lie41.jpeg

Oh yeah the Jr. OL from St Francis Mtn View gotta stop doin that, it’s just silly at this point and reflects on his program. Everyone talking about it too 😂

Wait, are you guys saying that kids are creating fake offers to schools and putting them on their social media accounts for some sort of clout?

Please share a copy of one of these offers, thats nuts if true!

Reactions: bella123
Wait, are you guys saying that kids are creating fake offers to schools and putting them on their social media accounts for some sort of clout?

Of course its happening. If the coaches can make non committable offers why can't the kids! Entire system is a joke.

100% True, more than I can count on my own hands and coaches are aware.

Well... I have decided to stay with Campo after all...

That was maybe the longest and weakest April Fool ever...

In other news, I have placed myself into the transfer portal.

Have heard from: UCLA, Sierra Canyon, Montverde and AZ Compass.

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT