ADVERTISEMENT

Final Mitty 71 Centennial(LV) 70 OT

becoolpt55

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2017
San Jose
Nice drive by the big kid from...Mitty with the game on the line down by one
she takes it all the way to the hoop at the buzzer for the win....
Hoping for a LJCD win so we get three Cali teams in the semis

I had read earlier that they were getting run out of the gym. That must have been some crazy comeback.

They were losing but never getting ran out of the gym in this game. I think down by 11 at the most to Centennial but down by 16 most to Miami Country Day. But the Mitty team digs deep and played all 4 periods. It could have went either way between two top tier teams.

Nice drive by the big kid from...Mitty with the game on the line down by one
she takes it all the way to the hoop at the buzzer for the win....
Hoping for a LJCD win so we get three Cali teams in the semis
Jr. Sydney Bourland was the player who made the winning shot. Jr. Katie Springs had 19 pts and 15 rebounds. Centennial was impressive, especially in the 1st half. They can do it all, have nice height and are very athletic. Two games now Mitty has made good halftime adjustments. Next up is LJCD, another really strong team. This tournament is a grind for everyone.

It seems CA teams get overlooked so it's good to see the CA squads making a good mark across the board.

That might have been the championship game right there ... two big-time teams, playing at a high level.

Mitty had missed several layups just like the last one -- including one at the buzzer in regulation -- but Centennial had its chances as well.

Mitty was down 14 at one point (25-11) but took a one-point lead midway through the third quarter, as I recall, and it was back-and-forth after that.

Mitty has a depth advantage against LJCD, which essentially has two players, Pao Pao and the young post. I would be surprised if LJCD wins ...

It will be interesting to watch. Centennial is a heck of a team and watching the game on stream it felt like the game could go either way. LJCD is ranked as high as they are for a reason so today should be interesting. Some good bball being played at TOC this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT